Travel for Teens : Rome and Sicily Discovery and Service
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

Travel for Teens : Rome and Sicily Discovery and Service

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

The best service trip ever

This was my second TFT trip of the summer and I have to say that this was my favorite. The family was amazing and I will forever hold them in my heart, it was a blessing to be able to help them at their home and farm. The scenery wherever you go in Sicily is one of my favorite things. Just the view from the house is amazing. We traveled to the coolest places ever like Taormina and Syracuse. We climbed Mt. Etna, which truly is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. The kids at the house were so much fun to around I love and miss them so much. This trip pushed me to work my hardest for the family and myself. It taught me to be thankful and hard working no matter the circumstances. I would highly encourage going on this trip if you want to get involved and help to better the world all while having fun and making friends.

An unforgettable exerience

I have done 5 trips with travel for teens and have been blown away each and every time by the activities planned, the absolutely wonderful staff, and how organized and safe the program is! Sicily community service was my second trip and I have to say was my favorite. We got to stay with an Italian family and their young foster children who spoke very little to no English. We learned so much from them, and even though there was a huge language barrier, we were all able to create amazing relationships with the family and all of the foster children. I am still friends with everyone on that trip and the community service part brought us all close together. Working in the heat almost everyday was very difficult, but very rewarding and not something I would trade for anything else! My experience with travel for teens for the past 3 summers has been something that opened me up to how different cultures are around the world, but also how similar we all are.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

Rewarding experience

My time with TFT on this trip was extremely valuable. I feel like my work made a huge difference in the lives of our host family. The family who owned the property was incredibly friendly and inviting. I'll never forget them waking up at 3:30 in the morning on our last day to send us off, it made me feel so loved and appreciated. We spent a lot of time bonding with the family and the children they took in, preparing meals, cleaning out sheds, and building a path up a hill to perhaps one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. Our day trips to nearby cities were insightful and fun. Visiting the Catania Fish Market was my favorite experience. I miss Sicily and the friends I made every day!