Travel for Teens : China Discovery
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

Travel for Teens : China Discovery

• Satisfaction

First time out of the country...in China

Prior to visiting China in 2014 with Travel for Teens, I had never been outside of the United States, aside from visiting Canada a few times here and there. I was quite nervous before the trip began as I had no idea what to expect. However, just a mere two days into the trip, I realized just how amazing of a time I would be having. I experienced things few other people in the world will ever get to experience in their lifetimes, including hiking on the Great Wall, seeing twin baby pandas be born, and hold a baby panda myself. Getting immersed into the volunteer work at the Bifengxia Panda Research Base was unlike anything I had ever done before, and still remains in my memory quite vividly to this very day. Traveling to a country so completely polar opposite to the United States really opened up my eyes to a previously unknown world to me. I had extensive knowledge in the past with geography - I achieved second place in the state-level Florida National Geographic Geography Bee, so I was witnessing firsthand places in China were places I read about in the past. It was a surreal experience. From then on, I was hooked. From the engaging activities Travel for Teens offered such as climbing around the Giant Leshan Buddha, taking a cable car to the top of a sacred mountain and walking on a precarious ledge to a holy Buddhist temple, and some of the best food I have ever eaten in my entire life, my trip to China was one of my most amazing adventures I ever have, and likely ever will have. Because of my pleasant first experience with Travel for Teens in China several years ago, I have since attended five other trips with the program, and have loved each and every one of them: Australia & New Zealand; Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam; Peru; Norway, Denmark, and Sweden; and Iceland. All have been wonderful experiences, and I look forward to attending more next year. I'm very happy I found Travel for Teens. If not, I may have never sparked that love for travel that I sparked several years ago when visiting China!

• Satisfaction

Summer 2016 with Travel for Teens!

Last summer (2016) I had the opportunity to do the best holiday of my life thanks to Travel for Teens! In addition to being a country full of history and culture the local people were very friendly. The food was especially good the guides always brought us in fantastic restaurants and the places we visited were breathtaking! The most beautiful attraction was undoubtedly the Great Wall of China, for its grandeur and its majesty (fortunately there weren’t a lot of people when we visited).
Going to China is like visiting another world and if you do it with Travel for Teens also becomes an opportunity to socialize and have fun together!

Amazing China

From Shanghai to Beijing in 17 days. Every single activity was great fun and it allowed us to discover new sides of the Chinese culture, that we usually only know because of globalization. Every day was scheduled with a precise timetable and so that we could get the best out of it. Food was very good as well, we had the opportunity to taste different cuisine styles and even have a cooking lesson. Of course accommodations were great as well and everybody welcomed us with a smile. In the end, if you are a China lover or you would like to learn more about it's culture this is definitely the best organization to travel with.