Travel for Teens: Berlin, Paris, and London
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

Travel for Teens: Berlin, Paris, and London

Berlin, Paris, and London

Going to Berlin, Paris, and London with Travel for Teens was an amazing experience! I went in to the trip not knowing anybody and never having left the country. Our group got along wonderfully, and the councilors were very helpful and kind. By the end of the trip, I had made several new best friends. The trip itinerary was fantastic. Not only were we able to see tourist attractions, but the activities we did allowed us to experience our destinations like locals. Some of the best experiences came from strolling down streets and wandering through local markets. The accommodations were better than I expected them to be. All the hotels we stayed in were very safe and comfortable. They were also centrally-located, which was nice since we took public transportation. Going on this adventure with Travel for Teens was an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend this or any other Travel for Teens trip.

• Satisfaction

My and best experience in Europe!

As a junior in high school I have had the opportunity to go abroad with Travel For Teens only once so far; last summer I went for approximately thirteen days through the incredible cities of Berlin, Paris, and London. However, this summer I am continuing my travel to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco with an Older Teens trip through Travel For Teens and could not be more excited. My first experience with the program was unforgettable; I went in knowing no one and came out a couple weeks later with 7 new best friends and counselors that I can only hope may lead the next group I travel with. Although our group was relatively and surprisingly small with only 8 students, it truly allowed me to interact with each person on a deeper and more frequent level than I would have been able to with a larger group, say one of 25 or 30. There is nothing more invigorating and pure than immersing yourself in a new culture with complete strangers to me, and every day on last summer’s trip helped me grow into a more open and outgoing individual. Thanks TFT! :)

Summer of a lifetime

I went on the Munich, Berlin, and Prague trip with TFT. The counselors were well equipped and were there for everyone in the group whether it was home sickness or certain place you wanted to see. They also knew and took us to amazing places around the cities to really experience Germany and the Czech Republic like a local would. My favorite part was biking around the Bavarian Alps and touring Neuschwanstein castle, the views were amazing and it has to be my favorite place on the planet. Also, the people I have met through TFT I have talked to every day since the trip has ended and consider them to be some of my closest friends. Coming home from my trip I had a whole new confidence than when I left and it has made me a more adventurous and self reliant person.

My Travel For Teens BPL experience

When I decided to travel with Travel For Teens (TFT) on my first trip abroad, I was so nervous and a little worried about being on my own, making friends, and especially the food aspect because I’m pescetarian and I was worried about there not being options. But I felt so at home once I got there, I immediately felt like I belonged, like being in this other country, on a different continent, even, was totally normal. And the counselors did everything they could to help us have a better understanding of the places we went. It was like a walking history lesson, but the best one ever because we were actually there and experiencing everything in person.

With TFT I’ve now traveled to Greece, Italy, Germany, France, England, Wales, and Scotland. It still kind of blows my mind when I think about it, because it’s so crazy to even comprehend once you get back that you were actually there, you actually did that, this is an actual experience that happened to you, of all people.

One of the things I think TFT really does great with is encouraging campers to be independent and responsible, as well as confident. There are times when you are with only one or two other kids from your trip, and your counselor isn’t with you; they’re nearby if you need help, but you’re mostly taking care of yourself. It really promotes that sense of individuality and the feeling that you’re on your own, and it’s a great way to let campers experience the culture of another country.

What really drew me back to TFT, along with the experience of a new place, and the excitement of just traveling again, would have to be the people. The counselors are all so nice, and knowledgeable, and you can tell that they really love what they do, and they’re so happy to be there helping the campers to see what’s so great about traveling. And the campers are great too, because whether it’s a small group, or a group with lots of people, you can find someone who you become friends with, who you talk to every single day of the trip and once you get back. It’s the best thing ever to really, fully connect with people and form a close bond because of what you’re experiencing. You wake up and eat the same foods, see the same sights, share the same jokes even. So you might not know their favorite color, but you saved them from falling down a mountain or saw their reaction to a place. It’s truly 5 years of friendship in a matter of 12 days.

Traveling with TFT is an experience that has taught me how to be independent, confident, and flexible when interacting with other cultures, experiences, or people your age. Every TFT trip I’ve been on has left me with a sense of satisfaction from what I experienced, but also that longing to see more, do more, take more risks, and get out into the world and just live. Through TFT I’ve discovered myself, made friends, and experienced life in way I never dreamed possible.

Amazing Experince

I went on the trip to Berlin, Paris, and London. It was an amazing trip. Seeing the Eiffel Tower at sunset was amazing and something I'll never forget. It was just the perfect trip. I made so many life long friends and can't wait to do it all again.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

5 Stars for Youth Travel Organization: Travel for Teens

Imagine sitting at a quaint Parisian bakery and ordering a French pastry or completing a meaningful community service project while overlooking the Mediterranean Sea in Italy. Are you searching for something to do this upcoming summer? Then look no further than Travel for Teens!
Based out of Pennsylvania, Travel for Teens (TravelForTeens.com) holds summer travel opportunities across the globe that individual students can go on ranging from touring the Alps, learning Spanish in Costa Rica, to volunteering in Fiji. Travel for Teens (TFT) has over 50 programs across 30 countries on 5 continents.

This past summer I went on the Berlin, Paris and London TFT trip with 12 students from across the country. The counselor to student ratio was excellent, as our trip had 3 energetic counselors from Australia, France and the U.S.A TFT is committed to student safety. They were very receptive to the individual requests of the students. They tailored the activities based on the interests of the students.
I began my journey in Berlin, where we climbed the Reichstag, explored old East Germany, biked across the Tempelhof Airport and ate lots of Schnitzel and Kebab. Our group even received a personal tour of the underground war bunkers of Berlin. Students left Germany with a blend of modern culture and historical insight.

In France, our group went boating down the Seine River, climbed the Eiffel Tower, ventured around the Palace of Versailles, visited a multitude of museums and of course ate lots of baguettes and cheese. I made lots of new friends on the trip and stay in touch with them to this day.

We took the Eurostar Bullet Train from France to England. We rode the London Eye, visited Winston Churchill’s official World War II bunker, saw the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace and experienced English nightlife on the West End as we saw the play, “Miss Saigon”. On the last night of the program, Travel for Teens reserved the top floor of Chef Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, York & Albany for a private dinner in London. Everyone spent a magical night reminiscing about their amazing trip together.

TFT lives by their motto and teaches students to be “travelers instead of tourists”. Students see a different side of cities, as they take local transit and order food while speaking in the local language.

I highly recommend Travel for Teens if you are looking for an educationally enriching tour with a cultural adventure. Through their one-of-a-kind programs, Travel for Teens truly connects students to the entire world and broadens their horizons. Travel this summer with TFT and share Travel for Teen’s enthusiasm and energy!