TFT Paris and the South of France: French Language (21 days)
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

TFT Paris and the South of France: French Language (21 days)

Life changing

Entering my freshman year of high school, I elected to take French to fulfill my language graduation requirement. In a short amount of time, French quickly became one of my favorite classes and something I was extremely passionate about. I wanted to learn more outside the classroom, I wanted to experience France instead of just reading about it in textbooks. However, I knew I wouldn’t be able to experience what I craved if I travelled with my family. I wanted to travel with French speakers, and to feel fully emersed in the culture. So, my parents found TFT and signed me up for the 22 day language trip in Paris and Nice. It was without a doubt the best decision we made.
I met an amazing group of kids who all came from different experiences and backgrounds. I was able to meet students who I wouldn’t usually be friends with, and because of that they became some of my greatest friends. Through bonding over our different hometowns and states, we all came together to experience our common passion for traveling. While traveling around France, every single member of our group became close. Not only that but our counselors were exceptional. I still keep my counselors updated with my experiences and travels two years later. Both of my counselors spoke French and were able to help me expand my knowledge.
This TFT trip was without a doubt the most amazing experience I have ever had. It has inspired my future studying abroad in France, and my desire to study French in college.
If you are considering doing a trip with this program, coming from a shy-at-first girl, you should without a doubt sign up as it will be a life changing experience.

LIfe changing

One summer with Travel for Teens and BAM, you're life will instantly transform. (Mine did!) Before my first TFT trip, like most people, I lived for summer vacation. Being able to just sit back, relax and not worry about school work. But I was missing something. I was missing the sense of doing something. How can you expand your worldview, meet awesome new friends, maybe even learn a language while you're just sitting at home doing nothing. For some, this may be ok, but for me, I needed more. My first TFT trip was to France, where I went to language school in Paris and then "vacationed" in Nice. While only three weeks of my life, this experienced changed me forever. I made bonds with peers I will keep forever and experiences that will live with me for the rest of my life. Culture that gives me a broader understanding of life that will guide me until the day I die. Not to mention having TONS of fun and two INCREDIBLY AWESOME counselors!!!! Last summer, I went on a second trip, this time to the U.K., where I had the same super-positive reactions. All in all, for an enriching and exciting summer that will positively change your life forever while providing some good, old fashioned fun...look no further than TFT. With so many trips to all sorts of crazy, wild destinations, there's bound to be something for everyone. Feeling adventurous, TFT has a trip for you. Want to interact with locals in a way you never could have without an experienced, practically local person right at your side? Check. Want some great food????? OF COURSE TFT's got that, too!!
So, if you want a summer filed with jam packed, pure awesomeness, GO TFT!

• Personal Development

Travel for Teens France Language (22 days)

This trip was the highlight of my summer, and I loved everything about it. On this trip we got to spend 18 days in Paris, so we really got to experience the culture and lifestyle of Parisians. This also gave us the opportunity to visit smaller, less touristy areas of Paris, which was awesome. After the time in Paris, we went to Nice to relax and experience a different area of France. The itinerary on this trip includes everything you could want to see in Paris, but it isn't very strict. A unique and truly special aspect of Travel for Teens is their willingness to change the itinerary based on students' interests. Having a loose schedule really allows students to make the trip their own.
One of the main things I enjoyed about this trip was the counselors. They were absolutely incredible, and they really took the time to get to know students. They were so interesting and kind, and it was obvious that they loved what they were doing. Every night, the counselors would post pictures and send emails to the parents and students including a detailed description of what we did that day. My parents appreciated this so much, and they loved being able to read the emails while seeing us in all of the amazing pictures.
I absolutely loved my summer with TFT and would recommend this trip to anyone, even those who haven't taken French classes!