Leading 4-wk TEFL Course in Prague. Job Guidance Worldwide.
TEFL Worldwide Prague TEFL Worldwide Prague

Leading 4-wk TEFL Course in Prague. Job Guidance Worldwide.

Don't hesitate

After completing the course, I can honestly say that TEFL Worldwide Prague is taught not only by instructors with well over a decade of field experience, but instructors who genuinely care about the development of their students. All instructors were readily available for any question I may have had and challenged me rather than just give point-blank answers. The course was both rigorous and rewarding: you often teach the same students and get to see their language skills develop right before your eyes. Moreover, TEFL Worldwide Prague offers you guidance and access to their resources even after you have completed the course (even years down the line).

What you can't show on paper is the sense of community you're surrounded with at TEFL Worldwide Prague. They, along with fellow students, really help make Prague feel like home.

Don't hesitate.

Highly recommend TEFL Worldwide Prague

I can't say enough about TEFL Worldwide Prague... this program gave me an immense number of challenging and rewarding experiences. The instructors/office staff were highly supportive throughout the program, helping us find housing/jobs, get work visas, etc. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to get TEFL-certified.

Rigorous and resourced

This was a demanding course with plenty of help available to the students. Every day there was a great deal of material presented, and every day the instructors were available to clarify, illuminate, and advise. Job guidance, housing guidance, and general travel and visa advice was also offered. The instructors made the lessons engaging and usually fun, as well. The environment created by the instructors allowed for a collegial atmosphere amongst students, faculty and staff. A bonus I never expected from a short-term program: fellow students are now dear friends. I highly recommend TEFL Worldwide Prague.

• Published Content

Challenging but worth it!!

Highly worth while! I went from never having taught anyone anything in my life to a fully certified TEFL teacher with the help of these amazing instructors. It was evident that they truly want us to succeed, they really care about the teacher trainees. I had an absolutely stellar time in Prague with a wonderful group of young teachers, making several lifeline friend along the way. A challenging course but I feel that it really prepared me for getting a job abroad. Thank you TEFL Worldwide Prague!

Fantastic

A truly in-depth and consistently useful course where I gained experience and support for life, I met friends for life and now have job opportunities all around the world. There was unexpected extra input sessions which have really proved useful in the classroom.

• Published Content

A big bang for your buck

If you're looking for a TEFL course in Prague, then TEFL Worldwide Prague is definitely the address.
I signed up for this course only reading previous reviews, not quite sure what to expect.

Well, for starters, the teachers are top notch.
Both Kenny and Adrienne are extremely patient, always willing to help and adept teachers who "know their stuff".
I myself have taught different age groups in the past, and wasn't quite sure if I could learn how to teach. I mean, how different could it be? Boy, was I wrong. So many ideas, so little time!

The course is many things. But it is NOT easy. Prepare to bust your guts for one month, and save your time for lesson planning and revising. If you want to have a month of site seeing in Prague, you better try sometime else in the future. Because, for this course, you must be committed 100%. And it is worth it!

I've had multiple job offers after graduating and could cherry pick the one which suited me the most. TEFL Worldwide Prague has an updated pool of job offers that is always up-to-date and you can trust the staff to help you out with different aspects after you've graduated.

I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to teach English abroad.

• Published Content

Worth every single penny!

While some are turned-off by the fact that the school isn't located in the city centre, don't let that deter you - if anything, it probably helped in terms of making sure that I buckled down and got my work done! It's well connected to all forms of public transport, so you're by no means cut-off from Prague or the ability to see the city when you have free time.

Kenny and Adrienne are fabulous instructors. While the course can be intense, there is plenty of help to make sure that you get the most out of what you're learning and that you have a thorough understanding.
Unlike other courses out there that expect you to already know English inside out (one of which I had already wasted some £££ on), the TEFL Worldwide team arm you with the tools to learn new aspects of English that you may not be familiar with or that future employers may want you to have a better understanding of.

There is nothing that you can't ask the team here. They are genuinely such awesome people and they want to make sure that you succeed and enjoy your time in Prague. Less than a week from graduation in May and I had a job offer for a summer school not far from where I live in the UK.

If you have any specific questions, you can get in touch with the team via the website - you can even ask to be put in touch with an alumni, which speaks volumes to me about the type of school they are.

Exhausting and hugely rewarding

The course is exhausting. You will have nights with few hours sleep. This course, you will think, ridiculously over-prepares you for teaching in the real world. But it is better to be over-prepared than under-prepared, right? The course can cause a lot of stress, but if you work very hard you will overcome it. If you are not a natural teacher, then perhaps it might not be for you. But if you love the idea of teaching, you will love it! And you will overcome it. The ridiculously hard work, bear in mind, is temporary because once you master teaching all aspects of teaching the English Language, you won’t have trouble remembering it. It just takes time and practice, and lots of hard work over the 4 weeks. It is the same as teaching primary school English, but to adults, for whom English is a secondary language. Personally, although I had many difficulties to begin with, I began to really enjoy the course. I grew into it. The last 2 weeks have all the exams, assessments, assignments and deadlines, but those weeks I was ironically least stressed out about. My confidence increased, because my knowledge of what was required began to grow. The teacher instincts became natural and instinctive to me, which I was really pleased with.

Depending on what your personal long and short-term goals are following the course, that will determine how highly you rate the course and whether you think it was the right decision. I am very confident and very optimistic that this course will in time turn into the best decision I ever made. I am 23 and have many years ahead I would like to think. I will have a teaching job soon. The opportunities, socially, financially, linguistically, travel-wise and the idea of living and working in Prague with ultra-flexible hours over the summer, are impossible to beat in my opinion. It literally unlocks so many doors and you find out so much about yourself and the relationship you have with yourself. With the certificate, after the course, I don’t think there is a better, more productive or more proactive way to live one’s life. It is so easy to get a job, which is so flexible because you can choose to work the hours that are suited to you at all the language schools and companies. The lifestyle in Prague after the course is reminiscent of Woody Allen’s films, namely “Vicky Christina Barcelona” and “To Rome with Love”. Especially in the summer. What’s there not to like about that, eh? It is certainly worth the effort I am telling you!

The 2 teacher trainers and assessors, Kenny and Adrienne are fantastically good. Cheryl and the rest of the staff really go beyond the extra mile trying to help you, whether it is with the course accommodation after the course, or jobs after the course. They are so helpful, experienced, knowledgeable, polite, professional and friendly. They really give 110% and that is no exaggeration! You also get real students which is also a very important experience with observers (other trainees) and the trainers who have decades of experience teaching ESL. The experience and feedback was extremely helpful in all cases. Although criticism at times was hard to take having me put so much effort in, it is so pivotal and beneficial because it really helps you get where you need to go to in order to be the best teacher you can be. Having 3 teacher trainers that observe you who between them have taught in 60 countries over 20-30 years each, is so helpful. You will not get better constructive criticism or feedback.

In terms of aspects of the course, the information is priceless and invaluable. They will always be of use. I was introduced to the use of phonetics for the first time, despite having studied 2 languages for 7 years of my life. The phonemic charts will be extremely useful. The course was extremely illuminating in highlighting the most effective ways to pre-teach the new lexis. How to teach Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking lessons were also of extreme help. I also had to teach classes how to use a monolingual dictionary in the English language for the first time. In addition, there was the one-to-one assignment which although it was a relentless administrative burden, it was essential in pointing out the things to look for, prepare for and assess. They also help you do lessons on grammar and functional language too.

TEFL WorldwidePrague

This TEFL course was an amazing experience. We had amazing teachers and were able to teach real students starting our second day. Everything we learned was necessary and useful while teaching ourselves, not a minute of the course was a waste of time. Everything was super organized and the support system was great - from before the course, during, and after! I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is considering a TEFL certification.

So grateful for TEFL Worldwide

TEFL Worldwide offers some of the absolute best training in Prague. The instructors, first of all, are incredible. I have never met two people with so much knowledge and real world experience on one subject. The staff is so supportive leading up to the course, during the course, and even after the course. I can count on TEFL any day of the week as an alumni for anything from printing to receiving mail. TEFL WW is a game changer in TEFL certificates and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to change their life and move abroad!

Fantastic trainers

Although I have been teaching English for a couple of years, it has been such a great surprise to realize that I still have so many things to learn regarding teaching. Our trainers were really thorough and I was really impressed with their patience and attention to details.I loved the fact that they would revise after each lesson and explanations were given as to why certain activities or steps were employed.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in pursuing a teaching career!

Fantastic experience

I took this course in August 2017 and it was the best thing that happened to me. The teachers Kenny and Adrienne were both knowledgeable and helpful. They were the ones who gave me everything I needed to become a successful English teacher. This school also provides material and classroom resources. I got help with my CV and VISA. I left the school with a job in hand. I owe a lot to this school and these two amazing teachers. My life has never been the same.

Best 4 weeks of my life

Probably the most intense 4 weeks of my entire life, but it was 100% worth it. It has been one week since graduating TEFL and I have landed 2 full time job offers and a summer camp job for the month of July.

I am so thankful for all of the help that the TEFL staff has offered and continues to offer. I would be lost without them. I have met many people who have gone through similar courses and from what I have heard I know I chose the right place. This is a lifetime worth of connections here in Prague and I'm excited to be apart of the alumni who can encourage incoming students.

An amazing experience

Before getting into TEFL Worldwide Prague, I was so nervous about being a teacher. I was unsure if even if I graduated this course I would be unprepared. Now, I have three different interviews and have the confidence to take on this career. Not only that, but TEFL Worldwide Prague made sure to prepare me for all sorts of problems one might encounter as a teacher. Giving interview advice and real classroom experience. The instructors are always there to answer your questions, before, during, and after the course.

If you're looking for a way to teach abroad, and all the tools that go with it, I highly recommend TEFL Worldwide Prague!

Amazing!

Completing the course was overall one of the best and most intense experiences of my life so far. I attended the program in July 2017 and not only did I learn an astounding amount of things, but also met great people such as the staff and the fellow students. Kenny and Adrienne are some of the best teachers that I have ever had and they’re also a joy to be around!

The course definitely challenges you and at times you might feel as though you’re not able to handle it, but it’s all worth it – I started off having barely taught anything before and graduated as a confident teacher. The training and feedback ensures that you get the right tools and teaching methods to succeed, and I had a good idea of what was expected of me while completing the teaching components.

TEFL Worldwide is also there for you after you graduate, providing advice and helping out. I highly recommend this course, and it’s also a lot of fun!

Where would I be without TEFL Worldwide Prague

I couldn't imagine where my life would be if I hadn't taken the risk and moved abroad. I came to Prague with two big suitcases and no intention of going back to the US. The course was tough but rewarding. The only negative I have has nothing to do with the course at all, but rather the hot summer weather. I came in August 2015 and there was a really bad heat wave. Unfortunately, in the Czech Republic, having air conditioning is not common at all. The course coordinators and the headmaster did everything in their power to keep us comfortable and cool. They had mobile air conditioner tube things that they used which helped a little bit and we received constant tips from the headmaster to go sit in a shopping mall or go to the movie theater so that we could stay cool. It didn't affect my experience too much and we all survived in the end. The course itself was masterfully crafted and we were provided with job and apartment hunt assistance long after the course was over. It's February 2018 and I'm still in Prague. I'm currently working on my master's degree in MTESOL online and my life has never been happier. Don't hesitate. Just do it! You won't regret it!

Amazing how much you learn in 4 weeks

This TEFL course is well organized and teaches you so much in 4 weeks. I could not have asked for more from the instructors and office staff. I would highly recommend making this the place to get your TEFL certification.

99 Prague-lems and TEFL Worldwide Prague was NOT one of them

That title might be a little misleading, because I had no problems in Prague, but I had to do it for the pun.

My whirlwind month in Prague with TEFL Worldwide Prague took me right from the frying pan and into the inferno of teaching English. If you want to learn how to not just teach English, but teach English well, this is the course for you.

Right out of the gate you're in the classroom, putting the tricks and techniques you learn in class to work in context. At first this seems totally crazy—how can I possibly teach after ONE DAY of the course? Well, there's a method to the madness! All that extra practice is invaluable, and Kenny and Adrienne are the best of the best when it comes to TEFL instructors. All around this was an incredible experience! I've made lifelong friends, fallen in love with a city that wasn't quite on the top of my list (but definitely is now), and discovered a new passion for teaching.

I cannot recommend this program enough. Not only do you become fast friends with everyone in the course, but there are tons of alumni teaching in Prague to show you the ropes and decompress after a rough lesson with a pivo (or two). Seriously, I don't know what you're waiting for!

First foray living abroad

Moved to Prague a few days before the course began, and everyone on the course was so helpful it made settling in seamless. The course is difficult, and there is a lot of work involved, but it is definitely manageable and extremely rewarding.

Amazing

My experience with TEFL Worldwide was one of the best education experiences I've ever had! The class was difficult but rewarding. The instructors gave honest feedback and encouraged personal growth. We were teaching real students within the first week and soon felt comfortable in front of a classroom. The instructors did a phenomenal job teaching us about our students and showing us their perspective. This course also prepared students for their careers through workshops on how to apply for Visas, how to write a CV, and they even provided a job fair with local organizations. Best use of my time, money, and effort. I wouldn't trade a moment of it.

• Course Instructor

Learning to do the job everyone seems to think they already know how to do (TL;DR you don't)

This course was one of the most informative and well organize courses I've ever taken. I learned so much in the short four weeks, and yes, I was mildly sleep deprived (Many parts my fault, I tend to spend too much time on little things and then don't want to rush through anything. Cue 2am lesson planning) and yes, it can be quite stressful, but I never expected anything else. But after the course it was a breeze to plan lessons and due to the classes I taught in the course, with real ESL learners (not just other students) I felt so much more prepared going into my first job. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach ESL, anywhere in the world. Their network of alums all over the world are there to help answer questions and help with job placement and the school's job board page is thorough and regularly updated.

Great Instructors Great Experience

TEFL Worldwide was an amazing program. I learned so much about teaching. I love that we started teaching on day 2 as it made me more comfortable in the classroom. The instructors are wonderful. I cannot recommend this program enough.

TEFL worldwide Prague

This was a wonderful program. The instructors were well prepared and had a breadth of knowledge. I learned so much more than I thought I would. The hands on experience with students was so valueable! While in class instruction is helpful there's nothing like working with real language learners. Absolutely would recommend.

Well worth it :)

I felt TEFL Worldwide Prague really prepared me for what was going to come with teaching english abroad. I stayed in Prague and was very well set up with opportunities and the teachers were always available for advice and perspective when I was making my decisions. We got a great deal of real hands-on teaching experience before graduation and it made me feel really comfortable stepping into a classroom on my own. It also gave me a really good idea of the levels that I felt comfortable teaching. I would recommend this program to anyone, but it is a lot of work. So, four weeks of a lot of work, but well worth it for the amount of information and resources you get from the teachers and the company. :)

TEFL course

My fiancee and I took the course back in June of 2017 and I could not recommend the course enough to all of my friends! The entire staff was supportive throughout the program and really made the difference. I felt as if I was prepared for the teaching world after I left the TEFL Worldwide Prague course and I have had a fairly productive start to my teaching career in large part due to this course.