TEFL and Teaching English in Thailand

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Really helpful & beneficial course

I took this course in April 2014. I was a little concerned about finding a job after, as that was past hiring season. However, I found a job mid-course! It was my first time teaching abroad, and this course really eased me into the idea of teaching and gave me the foundations to work my way up. I have now been teaching abroad for the past 3 years, and would recommend the course to anyone who wants to work on their skills or who is teaching for the first time. I met a great group of people in my SEE TEFL class, and am still friends with some of them to this day. We all went on to find jobs very easily after the program.
The instructors are very helpful and friendly, and a lot of work is given to help you find a job in Chiang Mai. The instructors know the area, and know how to approach schools and what to put on your resume. They give you plenty of in-class instruction time, and help you prepare and create lesson plans. The observations were a tad nerve-wracking at first, but it made my first day at my new job way less terrifying. Due to their helpful observations and feedback, I felt prepared in the classroom and knew what I was doing.
I am considering coming back to Chiang Mai in the future, and know that I have a solid network of former teachers to help me out! Chiang Mai is a great city to live in- and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to teach in Thailand and isn't sure where to live. Thanks SEE TEFL for everything! :)

• Published Content

• Job Search Guidance

• Quality of the Course

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Amazing TEFL certification program!

I took this month-long TEFL course in Chiang Mai, Thailand in November 2015. This program was fantastic. Before I even got there, the director personally answered emails regarding any questions I had, sent me all the information I needed to get the Education Visa in Thailand, and made sure I felt absolutely comfortable with where I was going and how to get there. They also provide and organize accommodation options (thought I simply found my own hostel in Chiang Mai - very easy to do).

The program itself was amazing. The staff feels like a big, loving family towards each other, and invited us in to be a part of it. Not only did we sit in a small class learning about how to teach English (conducted in a very interesting, interactive way) but we also had Thai lessons in the afternoon to help us with the local culture. In the second half of the course, we actually went out and taught English lessons at different Thai schools while the teachers observed and graded us. This was incredibly helpful, as it gave us real-situation experiences and got us comfortable in front of an actual classroom. By the time I was done with this course, I felt confident that I had the classroom and lesson organization skills needed to teach not just an English class, but an EFFECTIVE and ENGAGING English class to a variety of levels.

If you are looking at getting a TEFL certification, I highly, highly recommend this program. The staff is amazing, the school was well organized, and I gained the knowledge and preparation I needed to be a great English teacher.

Thank you SEE TEFL for everything!

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Great decision

My journey began with a desire to find an alternative to the humdrum of everyday life. Now, five years have raced by and I have never doubted for moment that my decision to become an English teacher in Thailand, with SEE TEFL’s help, was one of my best.

Any trepidation I felt about living and teaching in foreign country started to diminish within minutes of being welcomed to the course by John, Ying and the rest of the SEE TEFL team. Their down to earth style and invaluable wealth of useful advice about everything from understanding local etiquette to the nitty gritty of English grammar is shared in a professional yet enjoyable learning environment.

The course itself provides building blocks that enable anyone to create useful lessons from scratch, that teach specific grammatical and phonological concepts with ease. Once you have grasped the methods presented and built solid lesson plans you will be let loose on real students and provided with useful critical analysis of your performance so that you can improve whatever aspects you might need to.

By the end of the course I felt confident enough to teach any age group, and able to seek work. SEE provided me with part time work initially, and when a full time position became available at a local primary school, they offered me the job. Despite sometimes unfathomable visa and work permit regulation changes over the years, I have never felt the need to worry. SEE TEFL have taken care of everything.

For over five years, all at SEE TEFL have exceeded my expectations by a long way.

• Support Services

• Compensation & Benefits

• Host School or Placement

Great Experience

I'm currently working in China and have now been teaching for four years at institutions ranging from universities to language school kindergartens. SEE's TEFL programme not only gave me the necessary qualification but the knowledge and confidence necessary to do a god job.
John and Ling were incredibly helpful at all times throughout the course. The course itself was thorough and hard work but John and Ling created a friendly atmosphere which put everyone at ease and I made some great friends on the course which made the experience all the more memorable.
I learnt how to structure and present lessons in a clear intelligible manner as well as reinforcing my knowledge of the English language and its myriad rules and minefields. This was equally important as students often ask teachers questions about grammar rules that native teachers take for granted but find it hard to explain!
On top of 6 teaching practices in various public schools for various ages and abilities the course also offered the opportunity to teach one-on-one lessons and mark students' work. All invaluable experience to apply for a job with full confidence.
Lastly, Chiang Mai is a great place to live or just visit for a month while completing the course!