Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus
Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus Header Image Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus Header Image

Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus

The magic of Madrid with a host family

Hello!! As a SLU host mom for a lot of years i can say our students enjoy from the first minute their experience studying abroad with SLU Madrid Campus. They feel confidence and supported so they are empowered to experience their own the Magic of Madrid and Europe!! I can tell that to study in SLU Madrid Campus makes the difference !!

The 90's

When I studied abroad, it was before cell phones and the internet. After two years, I felt like Madrid had truly become my second hometown. The people are amazing. The school, while small, was a tight community in a giant urban setting. I learned a lot about myself and made life long friends. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend this school.

So happy with my decision

I love everything about this place. I came here not sure what to expect, or how long I would stay, but after one year I can't imagine myself attending university anywhere. Initially I was worried about being so far away from home but I have made great friends and have been exposed to many cultures and also learned a lot about myself living here. I love the small class sizes because I am able to have a more personalized experience and the teachers here know me by name. The staff and faculty at this University truly care about your well being and are very welcoming. I have never felt unsafe in this city and it's an amazing place to study abroad. The buildings are colourful and lined with cobblestone roads and there are so many cafes around the city to sit outside for a coffee or to do homework! For those who like exploring there a lot of museums throughout the city. It's also very easy to travel throughout Europe. There is a great social night life in Madrid and always something to do here! To anyone who is consider coming to SLU - Madrid, my advice is to do it!

Living in Madrid

Coming to SLU Madrid has been and still is an awesome experience. I was not expecting to encounter people from so many different cultures and for them to be so open. Not only does the university offer a great learning experience but the student body itself develops it even further. I think Madrid is a very nice city to study in because of how many different things you can do here, from tapas to museums to parks it is filled with things that have made this experience abroad feel like home. In fact, I do not consider myself as studying abroad, after only 2 years I can already call Madrid my home and this is thanks to the university which promotes different learning experiences and makes you feel like part of a big family and community that is SLU. Can't wait for the next 2 years to come.

Let Madrid inspire you

When leaving the USA, I did not set any expectations. Upon my arrival to Madrid and SLU campus, my life completely changed. You are immersed within the community on school, classes and the city. Everyone is so lovely and helpful that it makes it so much easier and better. From classes, to school activities SLU Madrid campus really provides you with the tools you need to succeed, not just living abroad, but in life too.

Freshmen Pre-Med

As a pre-med student, the course selection is not as flexible as I had hoped. Nevertheless, the staff and classes that are offered are amazing. Teacher take the time to get to know each student. Staff members remember who you are. Over all, studying at SLU Madrid has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

A Semester I´ll Never Forget

This semester was everything I could have imagined and more. I had the chance to live in a new place, surrounded by a new language and culture. In the beginning it was a little bit daunting, but with every little success there was a feeling of reward, that I was becoming successful in this new place, completely independent. I have learned so much about myself, made so many lifetime friends, and had the chance to see so many amazing places. This is without doubt a must amazing program and experience that I would recommend to anyone!

SLU Madrid

I spent 2 years at SLU Madrid (Saint Louis University- Madrid campus) and I totally loved it! It has been an incredible experience for me and I would totally recommend it to anyone who's considering it. You can learn a lot about the Spanish culture, their food and customs. It's amazing! You also get to see different parts of Spain with day trips (places near Madrid) or trips throughout Spain. Also, there is the fact where you can easily travel anywhere in Europe at a really reasonable price. Come to SLU Madrid and be ready to have the best experience abroad!

All I imagined and more

Ive been dreaming about studying abroad since I was a little girl, and this experience has been amazing. Countless times, I get upset over the fact that, with what I'm majoring in, I cannot finish my degree here. I love SLU Madrid. I came here with a ton of people from my school, but was worried because they all had their friend circles that I wasn't apart of. My host mom and two random roommates have been life changing. My two roommates are both from different places in the US, and we have all bonded so much. I've constantly only have hung out with people from different universities than me- several from different countries. I couldn't have asked to meet better people. Traveling has been great and so thrilling. All the teachers and staff at SLU really care. I love that they really get to know you- they know your name, personality, and even your travel plans. I am beyond words in how blessed and grateful I am for this opportunity. My biggest regret? That it has to end.

The best semester ever

The Student life staff was amazing giving support any time I was ill or feeling bad. It is like a big family where you have a name and they care about you. So many events and activities, so many clubs and organizations, so many things to do in Madrid. It was great!

Intercultural and Friendly

A great global university! I have learned so much here. It truly is global as there are students from everywhere in the world and the professors are very good (and most have Ph.D.'s). So many opportunities!

Study Abroad in Madrid

I chose this program sponsored by Seattle University because it was recommended by students/advisors.

Living with a Spanish family and the cultural immersion was truly memorable.

Culturally dynamic

I enjoy SLU-Madrid because I was given the chance to immerse myself in other cultures whilst still studying "the American Way" making my experience a lot more comfortable. While the campus has many Americans, it´s easy to find foreign friends and a good sum of the students speak more than just English and Spanish.

An experience to repeat

Probably one of the best places to study abroad. Madrid is the perfect city and staying at SLU allows you to keep the American university path while exploring a beautiful culture. People that come here to study for a semester usually regret not staying for longer.

The best multi-cultural experience abroad

I do not think there is other programs where students from over 60 nationalities have the opportunity to interact and integrate interculturally as in Saint Louis University - Madrid. The classes and professors are terrific, and the overall experience is fantastic. There are two types of students: those who visit (or study abroad) and those who are pursuing their degree. As it is a small campus, those who pursue their degrees in Madrid bond a lot, and try to help and include those who are visiting/abroad in anything they need. The campus is on a beautiful and safe neighborhood in the center of Madrid. The professors are from all over the world, greatly prepared and who help build a campus community.

Family away from home

Studying in SLU Madrid was an overall great experience. They take into account all aspects of the student's life. They have a student life office that was very helpful with everything non academic and the moment you got there you were given a Sanitas card, which is a medical insurance card, meaning you did not have to worry about the cost of hospitals in case something happen. The people are nice and when you get here you are greeted by campus ambassadors that truly make your life in Madrid easier as they are always ready to help with everything. Overall, I am really enjoying my time in Madrid.

Spanish Major

I came to SLU Madrid as a freshman, and fell in love with it immediately. There is so much diversity and appreciation for other cultures that it creates a fun and academic learning environment for everyone.

Life in Madrid

This university is excellent! I have had a great time here so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here! The university faculty and staff are very helpful, and the students are fun and friendly! I would highly recommend spending as much time here as you can!

amazing

My experience in SLU Madrid so far is amazing. Being a Spanish campus, we receive the American education but with a Spanish type culture. Therefore we have the best of both countries. Also, I love the fact that we have so many different cultures that come together as one.

SLU-Madrid

Before deciding to become a permanent student at SLU-Madrid, I had never visited the school, been to Madrid, or even to Spain. I was basing my decision largely on the opportunity I perceived, as well as on the students I had emailed with questions, and the staff I´d contacted while applying and confirming my attendance. Now, having been here for almost a full year, I can say that the opportunity I thought I was taking is much greater and more valuable than I imagined, and the people are just as knowledgeable and welcoming in person. Being immersed in a new country, a new language, and a new lifestyle is more exciting, challenging, enjoyable, and most importantly educational than I could´ve hoped for. The people I have met and experiences I have had (in Madrid, in class, and while traveling) are all so unique. I know I´m making great memories, learning invaluable lessons about culture and communication, and of course working towards my degree. The people I contacted via email and phone call before coming here are just as welcoming in person, if not more so. Students, faculty, and staff are invested in you, in your story, and in your success. All the students here have done something a little out of the ordinary by choosing to attend SLU Madrid, whether that is leaving their home country, attending an American university, or both. This common thread of being a little different creates such a welcoming community. In addition to the students, I've had great professors; the faculty here is diverse, dedicated, and extremely competent in their fields. Because the school is fairly small, all my classes have allowed me to get personalized help, both in class and during office hours. Any question I have asked has been answered; my professors know who I am. Choosing to study abroad, not just for a semester but for 4 years, at SLU-Madrid has been one of the greatest decisions I have made for my present and for my future.

Among the Spanish

Deciding to come to SLU-Madrid was an easy decision. The small class sizes, the ability to earn an American degree in Spain and being in the Spanish capital, Madrid, were all factors that went into the process of choosing SLU-Madrid. In my opinion, SLU-Madrid is a very unique living, social and academic experience. It's unorthodox to your traditional American university because it forces students to be culturally immersed. Madrid truly is the campus for students here; we're not like a typical U.S. school where students don't stray too far away from the comfort of their campus. Here, you'll find yourself exploring Madrid for yourself and meeting friends along the way. Living with a host family has helped me make connections, better understand the local culture and of course, acquire new words to my Spanish vocabulary. SLU-Madrid is your home-base during school hours, but Madrid will truly foster your semester, year or four-year experience. If you're jaded with American life or you want to feel that "something different," definitely consider SLU-Madrid!

Semester abroad in Madrid

Overall SLU madrid is a nice American school if you're looking for good classes and academics. It is very Americanized so don't expect to practice much Spanish and the permanent students aren't very friendly to visiting students. However, if you're looking for a semester or year abroad this is a good place. The teachers are great, the campus is beautiful and in a nice part of town, and Madrid is amazing. You can live with either a host family or an apartment, I would not recommend a host family. Don't expect a fully immersed experience, but rather one that feels very comfortable.

Intricately Incredible!

This is an incredible experience! Such a beautiful, sunny city with so many cultural offerings and a diverse society. The Mediterranean lifestyle is dream-like! Beyond wonderful!!
Professors are super qualified and small classes allow for full attention and the full student experience. Definitely an adventure worth having!!

Degree Abroad

I went to SLU Madrid for four years and received a BA with a Double Major in Comm and Psychology. This experience was definitely a memorable one - I don't think there is another program like this in the world that involves so many people from so many backgrounds. I will definitely cherish the memories I have of this place.

Little piece of home

I loved studying abroad through SLU Madrid because I was able to meet students from around the United States and connect with them. It was also appreciative to have done a program through an American university because we were still able to celebrate American holidays such as the Fourth of July. It let me have a little piece of home while abroad. I look forward to keeping in touch with the friends I have made here!