Reach Cambridge International Summer School

Reach Cambridge International Summer School

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

A Life-Changing Summer

During the Summer of 2017, I attended Reach Cambridge International Summer School, and long story short, it was the best decision I have ever taken in my life. I was lost and didn't know what I wanted to study in University, and I felt like I was under so much pressure to choose. I was standing irresolute in front of the door which was my future, not knowing what path to take. I was stranded between architecture and law, and I didn't know what I would love more to study and was terrified that I would take a wrong step towards a wrong decision, which would change all my life. Hence, I attended Reach Cambridge and chose to take the Law course and Architecture as an add-on.

In my Law classes, I had an extremely bright, inspiring and passionate teacher (who has just completed her masters in law in Cambridge University) teach us the course. It was an absolute honor to have such a teacher, teach us Law, and she has definitely made me believe that Law was the choice for me. Every single day we studied different fields of law, fields of law that I didn't even know existed to be quite frank, and she eloquently articulated every piece of information with so much passion. She helped me see that I possessed many skills and talent that are well suited for law, through the numerous debates and writings we did in class.

She was also quite knowledgeable on absolutely everything that had to do with Law and the course, so I was able to ask her many questions and was able to have a better perception of it as a whole.

As for the architecture add-on, the teacher was also lovely and very passionate, however, I realized that I did not have the passion and the skill for architecture, and so, I was finally able to know what I wanted to study in the future. However, I did enjoy the architecture classes and found them extremely intriguing. We went to the streets of Cambridge to sketch fragments of the most architecturally beautiful buildings in the world, which also encompassed so much history. Also, we did learn so much about architecture when we were seated in the classroom and understood what it means to study the course.

Not only did I make a life-determining decision, but I also was able to gain so much knowledge on almost everything. Every evening (except for the weekends) we had an evening lecture, each day on a different topic. The lectures covered so many random and interesting topics such as Brexit, Astrophysics, Archaeology, Music making, Pilots, Creativity and much, much more.

Not only did I gain so much knowledge, but I was also able to meet so many people from all around the world with different stories to share, and made lifelong friends. I did not encounter a single unfriendly person but rather the most amazing, bright and loving people.

Not to mention, the best part was living in the beautiful city of Cambridge. There are so many shops, cafes, restaurants that would never leave you unsatisfied. Each turn I took, I was indubitably enthralled by the stupendous scenery and architecture that encompasses me.

Needless to say, if you ask me to describe that Summer in one word. That one word would simply be, 'wow'.

Why reach Cambridge?

At first, I was expecting to have an amazing academic experience that would help me improve in my chosen class, which was Computer Science and Mathematics, only based on the prestige of the university. When I arrived, this expectation was met and surpassed. The environment I found myself in was not only cozy and comfortable, but also very welcoming in terms of staff and students. It is very well organized with many in-class activities, cultural immersion opportunities, and life long lessons. I loved going to class, exploring the city after class, listening to guest speakers talk about their job/life experiences, and just hanging out with my new friends (both staff and students). It taught me so much about my class, which at the start I new little about, and it gave me a glimpse of how my future might look, which at the end helped me learn a lot about myself as a person. This experience changed the way I view my future in terms of my college life and just overall. I would come back if I had the chance and therefore, I highly recommend this program.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

My experience at Reach Cambridge

My experience at Reach Cambridge was amazing! I chose, after the global leadership week, to be an English Literature student. Our course was very interesting and our teachers were truly incredible. Through our classes no the entire experiences, we were able to meet people from all over the world that I've kept in touch with since the summer. The accommodations were marvelous, and the freedom we were given in Cambridge was wonderful. All of the supervisors and staff were simply lovely and very attentive. Reach Cambridge is a mind-broadening program that keeps you on your toes, but still gives you a home in Cambridge, England. Overall, this program was both academic and social. Our excursions were very interesting and let you get a good look at everything from Brighton Pier to Warwick Castle. With our English Literature group we went to the Tate Modern, which was amazing. This has been an experience that I will remember fondly for many years to come, Reach was an incredible and treasured experience.