Nursing internships in Nepal with Projects Abroad

Nursing internships in Nepal with Projects Abroad

Nursing Internship

My experience with projects abroad was amazing. I went into this placement as a curious student of biology, wondering if I should go into the profession of nursing. My day to day tasks consisted mostly of shadowing nurses, doctors and other clinical professionals in the town of Chitwan, Nepal. I witnessed several cesarean sections, orthopedic surgeries, and debridement of burned victims.
I also took part in pop-up treatment camps in some rural villages, where I took vital signs to aid in the care of patients.
Making friends was easy, where I had the pleasure of spending down time with a nurse from France, a physiotherapist from Sweden, a physician from Spain, and many others from different walks of life. Help was available at the drop of a hat as well, with the volunteer coordinator being available 24/7.

• Projects Abroad responded to this review August 18, 2017 at 12:24 PM

Dear Nicole. Sounds like you had a very productive time during your project, observing and assisting in different procedures. Hopefully this experience helped you discover if Nursing is indeed the path you want to take professionally. It sounds like you were a natural! Thanks for all your help with your patients!

The International Volunteer Programs Association