myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course
TEFL Courses TEFL Courses

myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course

Highly recommended affordable + online TEFL course

Wanting to get my certification ASAP meant it needed to be both online and affordable... so after doing a lot (and I mean a lot) of research I decided to go with myTEFL and I have been very pleased with my experience. They give you plenty of time to complete the course and the site is easy to navigate. Assistance is immediate and any questions I had were promptly answered and helpful. I found the course to be very insightful and enjoyed learning all of the material. In addition to the course is something I really like, myTEFL provides a Library tab consisting of an array of resources including lesson plans, etc. I have recently completed my online course and started seeking out guidance from myTEFL advisors (which is also provided with the course) as I take the next steps to securing a position abroad. I am looking forward to the future! Thank you myTEFL!

myTEFL experience, USA

Great course, definitely worth taking and owning. Staff/faculty members were excellent; the response rate is super quick and informative. I am pleased that they have expanded and added Middle East region to their network, and although this area is relatively new and they still have to work on increasing their partnership with the ME region; their expansion is a sign of growth in the right direction.

Keep it up!

Cheers!

M.Y.

• Course Instructor

Convenient and straightforward way to TEFL certification

MyTEFL has provided a highly convenient and efficient platform for learning all the basics and intricate teaching methods and advice for varying age/experience student groups. Especially useful is the structure of small submodules followed by quizzes to check your learning progress and the ability to navigate between different lessons with clear module titles.

The modules are provided in a logical sequence that is easy to progress through and helps you retain new linguistic content with down-to-earth vocabulary. One thing I especially liked about the course was its ability to list out difficulties that students face when learning English that may not be immediately obvious. Along with these it provides examples of effective activities and the step-by-step procedure to setup and run them so that they benefit the students in the best possible way. An easily overlooked point that myTEFL emphasizes which I think is highly relevant is that learning shouldn't instill a mentality of completing homework for marks into the students. Instead, this can be avoided by using all the cautionary advice provided in the course during communication and mentoring of students.

As a native English speaker, there were quite a few grammar topics that I knew existed but didn't have the exact confidence to explain in a technical and broader sense. However, this course perfectly explains all these topics and now I can be confident in pursuing my first English teaching job!

Great decision choosing myTEFL

After days of searching for the best course, I'm happy I enrolled for myTEFL which I found recommended on Facebook groups. It was the best program for me, considering everything is online. Affordable price with 30% discount is what made myTEFL, my choice. Able to finish it at my own pace, easy to understand content, quite enjoyable and educational lessons.
The program is very thorough and covers everything, and a bit more, you need to know so you can teach in a classroom and become better English speaker yourself. I completed the course, have my certificate, and now I am confident and ready to be an English teacher! If you are unsure and still searching for a program ,choose the 120h myTEFL, you wont regret it, I highly recommend it.
Many thanks to everyone from myTEFL for writing such a helpful teaching guide, it was exactly what i needed.

I'm glad I choose myTEFL

I did a lot of research before choosing a school and I almost picked a different one. However I decided to give MyTEFL a go because of the great reviews I read. It really was a good experience. The lessons were detailed and relevant. It wasn't too easy or too difficult. Another thing that is nice about the course is that it wasn't too time consuming. 120 hours is not that long and they give you plenty of time to complete the course. I also liked the fact that I could access the course on all of my devices, including my cell phone. This made it easy to get the lessons completed even when I was on the go. The one thing that was a little difficult at times was that the questions are sometimes trick questions or are a little confusing. Other than that this is a great program and I'll be recommending it to others!

A classroom online

myTEFL was introduced to me by my friend who also took the course with them. I was hesitant to do it at the beginning but I found it easy when i registered .

The course itself is easy to understand. The content of it is explained in a very simple manner and is self explanatory. I like the way they have an assessment at the end of every lesson. This will give u a chance to review all the things you have learned and incase, you might want re-read the lessons too.

Online support is there at all times. They are just one click away ready to discuss any queries u have. My tutor leo, is efficient and explained to be everything i ask him including my corrections at the exams.

You can access the course at anytime, whenever, wherever without having system issues. This is helpful special when u have work or some other things to do. You can work at your own pace with no pressure.

I highly recommend this to those people who doesn't like complicated stuff online as they are straight forward and will be with u all the way through like you are in an actual classroom. They are not just there to teach you but also supports u emotionally and morally whenever u feel like you cant do it.

Exactly What I Needed

When I was first looking for a TEFL program in order to teach abroad, I was very unsure ablution whether to do an online program or an In-person. I guess my main issue was whether or not the online program would be accepted by employers and would be adequate preparation. Since I completed the program though, I've worked in Thailand and China with ease. What's better is that I was offered a student discount, making the cost of my TEFL certificate a fraction of what others paid, and completed much more quickly, too.

The course materials are thorough and well researched and definitely help guide an unexperienced teacher through rocky waters. Though most importantly for me, myTEFL's certificate will get you out to sea in the first place!

If you're looking for a value and efficiency, myTEFL is surely among the very best and was exactly what I needed.

Supportive and educational

I completed the 120 hour TEFL with myTEFL and am impressed with the quality content and overall support provided. The online agent was super helpful and my tutor was quick to respond. The units and information progressed intuitively. Even though I'm an experienced teacher, I picked up new ideas and activities which I'll be implementing in my own classes.

In a few weeks I'm starting a new job in Shanghai teaching adult professionals. MyTefl arranged the position for me, and has helped me with the details along the way.

My only gripe would be the format of some of the quizzes. The drag and drops were difficult to complete on my phone and I'd have to complete them on a computer. Not a big deal, especially considering the price I paid.

Ricky Choul - TEFL certified and ready to rock :D

Here's one quote to sum up my experience "That moment of relief when you realize how much of a mistake stepping into the classroom without MyTEFL training would have been." haha.

But really though, this course left my totally prepared for my new teaching job in Taipei, Taiwan - which MyTEFL arranged for me!

Without taking this course i'd likely have just been blagging lessons and facing awkward silences when I didn't know how to explain grammar patterns or phonetics etc. Thankfully I did things right, got the training and the certificate to prove it.

It's all pretty easy, just enroll, spend an hour each day going through the material, and answer the questions to recap each module. It all sinks in pretty well without even noticing it. Then voila, you're ready to go.

TWO THUMBS UP!

A well structured course free from headaches and great value for money.

It cost me around £170, and they even helped get me a job earning around £1,800 p/m in Korea... talk about a win-win situation eh! :D

• Course Instructor

A super easy and stress-free way to get TEFL certified.

Thank you to everyone at mytefl! I completed my online course with no issues. It's really really straight forward - you just need to read through the units, make notes where necessary and complete the tests at each stage. There's no trick questions or anything, and the content really seems geared towards helping build your understanding of both teaching and the EFL industry.

One of the best parts about this course must be the lifetime job placement service. The team have set me up with a teaching job in China (including free accommodation!), helped me to prepare myself and gather the necessary documents. It's made the jump to teaching overseas SO much easier.

• Course Instructor

Helpful, in-depth and convenient.

I finished the myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course about 3 weeks ago. It only took about a month to complete as i had quite a bit of free time, and so long as you pay attention, everything is really manageable.

I found the format really helpful as it’s somewhat similar to college – you read each chapter, revise it and then complete a test to see how well you’ve learned it. There’s also lots of additional materials to help you learn more teaching skills, and even to use once you get a teaching job.

Great course and really good value.

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Hi Chloe, thanks for your warm feedback! Wishing you the best of luck on your TEFL adventures!

Tyler and the Mytefl Team

Top Marks!

A solid, uncomplicated way to learn valuable teaching skills. The course covered everything I could have needed - grammar, phonetics, classroom skills, testing students and more. I really feel prepared to go and teach. Thanks myTEFL!

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hi Harriet,

Thanks for your warm feedback. Wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming TEFL journeys!

Tyler and the myTEFL Team!

• Course Instructor

A great online teacher training/TEFL course

Perfect for my needs. All online, straightforward, and fast.

The MyTEFL system turned out to be really convenient - you do it yourself, online, on your own schedule, and get support when you need it. This worked out great for me, as I needed some flexibility to fit the course around my work life.

Overall, it took around 7 weeks to work through, and i've certainly learned a lot. Definitely feel like I have the confidence to step into a classroom now. Thanks!

• Course Instructor

Have recommended to my friends

A very thorough course, worth every penny. Took about a month and a half working at a decent pace to get through. I had the confidence to teach a class before, but now I feel I have the skills also.

Would certainly recommend it.

• Course Instructor

Great course, highly recommended.

New TEFL graduate right here!

Definately would recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach abroad. It's all online (ignore the part about "Living conditions 10/10" - wouldn't let me leave a review without it) and really convenient.

Now that i've passed the course, the team at myTEFL are helping place me in a school in Taiwan. It's really exciting!

-Sophie

• Course Instructor

Great way to get certified

So I did quite a bit of research and found MyTEFL. It had good reviews and seemed to be a good program. I went through the course quite quickly in a few weeks. It was pretty easy to do, just have to do a lot of reading on the screen. I was hoping that the lessons would include videos to help in the learning process, because I got tired of reading everything on my computer, would have been easier in a book. But I can't complain because the price was good and I felt the information was quite useful. I'm very glad for the opportunity to get certified to teach English!

• Published Content

Fast, affordable, and actually quite fun.

I saw this course advertised on Facebook earlier this year and took a shot at it. It seemed to be priced quite fairly - between the expensive $500 ones and the suspiciously cheap $150 ones - but the materials and support given were first class.

I'd recommend it to anyone out there who's thinking of teaching abroad. I really learned a lot, and for the price you can't complain at all. 9/10 - a phone app would have been cool (but maybe a bit overkill)

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Thanks Marie! We are in the middle of a full redesign and we will definitely explore the App option as suggested. Enjoy your upcoming TEFL travels!

Tyler

• Course Instructor

Recommended for anyone wanting an online course

A friend suggested I join him, so we both enrolled in a mytefl 120 hour course.

Really feel we got our money's worth (20% discount at the time.) It's completely online and just takes an hour each evening, and a couple more at the weekend. It seems like a long time, but you move through content at a decent pace.

Overall, I learned some really valuable skills, and got an some insights into the process of actually being a teacher.