120 Hour Professional TEFL Course
TEFL Courses TEFL Courses

120 Hour Professional TEFL Course

• Course Instructor

Great course to take as a working professional!

I did much research before hand to find the best value and flexibility to fit my busy schedule as a full time student and a full time employee. This took the cake! The lessons were a much needed refresher for me and gave me the knowledge and confidence to teach abroad. I will be leaving to China in a few months and due to MyTEFL, I’ll be prepared. Thank you!

• Course Instructor

Great experience and useful training process!

Yesterday, I officially finished my 120-hour comprehensive TEFL online course through myTefl.com. The overall experience and feeling is terrific and encouraging! I cannot wait to take a plunge into some foreign countries to teach English.

There are at least three points that I want to make in terms of this program offered by myTefl.com. First of all, it is namely comprehensive, containing everything that you will probably need when teaching a new language and requiring substantial amount of time to finish; Second, it offers a very personalized online learning environment that you will feel very comfortable using it; Last but not the least, it offers so many practical examples of teaching techniques that you can for sure make use of when actually teaching.

As a conclusion, I strongly recommend you guys take this course and share your future successful stories with us!

• Course Instructor

Great class at a great price for an even greater experience

The myTEFL 120 course was very straightforward and easy to complete, especially for some who have busy schedules. I work full-time 40 hours a week and was originally worried I would be stressed for time completing the course. The option to extend the deadline helped settle my mind.

Content-wise, I already earned a bachelor's in English and Linguistics with lots of tutoring experience, so I was not sure how challenging the content would actually be.
Most of it was refresher material, but the content is explained thoroughly in an understandable manner with good accompanying examples and practice. There was still plenty of new information for me to learn. For those who have little experience in language studies, grammar, or the ESL world, they will have no issues following, processing, and can apply the information to real-life scenarios.

At times, doing quizzes after every single chapter was a little bit dry and repetitive, but it helped to solidify the information I learned. I do wish there were videos or more interactive methods to showcase and test the material.

Overall, for a great price and a supportive team of REAL HUMANS, I strongly recommend the myTEFL courses. Anytime I sent emails, I received quick and elaborative responses and never felt like I was dealing with a staunch business. The staff is kind and eager to help. Good job to the myTEFL team!

myTEFL Professional 120 Hour Online Course - Meeting All Of My Needs

I was looking for a TEFL course that would be able to meet my somewhat particular needs and myTEFL was definitely able to do that. My situation, I'm assuming, is a bit more nontraditional than others. I work full-time, often 50 hours or more a week and I wanted an online course that I could work into my personal routine. Having taught English in Japan from 2011 to 2014, it has been a while since I was in an academic environment and I really wanted to take this course to brush up on those previously used skills. I'm currently considering going back to teaching overseas because it was a life-changing experience for me that was both rewarding and challenging. Quite frankly, I miss it.

The 120 hour course checked all boxes for me and my needs. It was a strong refresher course, both in regards to the rules of the English language, as well as the classroom experience. You're truly able to work at your own pace and it covers the main aspects of the ESL world thoroughly. It certainly transported me back to that classroom in Japan!

I'd recommend this course to anyone who has previous teaching experience and has a desire to update their skills or for those with a really busy schedule that need flexibility. I feel like this course has put me in the right frame of mind to get back into the world of TEFL and I have a feeling it will look great on my resume. Good luck to all prospective teachers!

• Course Instructor

myTEFL classroom: effective, efficient, and a great experience

A friend had recommended myTEFL to me after having seen a Youtuber she enjoyed watching recommend the program.

I was looking for an affordable, well-thought out program for my intentions. I am aiming to teach abroad, of which I have been offered a position (I found out just recently). While I will not make the statement that the success of having attained the position to be correlated to myTEFL's course, I will say that it has prepared me for the questions that I needed to answer from interviewers.

Actually, I am able to draw out a comparison. I had completed another TEFL course, and it was not the best experience. The website was shoddy, and the instructor was barely helpful. The insight offered was negligible. The quizzes that myTEFL had for the course kept me accountable, because it forced me to engage with the content (which I find is a difficulty for most online courses).

Thank you myTEFL for all your help!

• Course Instructor

myTEFL was a great fit for my needs!

As a retired art teacher that wants to teach ESL online and possibly go out into the field and travel later on, I decided to find a course that I could take from home. I searched and searched for the right program, and was pleased to find myTEFL. It was ranked highly at more than one website as an online course, and that meant a lot to me. Because the course is entirely online, I was able to go through the lessons at my convenience and not worry about missing a class. The curriculum was very thorough. All of the information was consistent with my previous teacher training, but the course helped me translate it to new methods that will be required for teaching this specific subject. I do wish there had been some video examples to give additional support to the lessons since there is a great deal of text to read on the screen and comprehend, however, because I've had many years of teaching experience I was able to understand the concepts being taught and pull it all together. (NOTE: For those that don't have previous teaching experience, I do believe that there is plenty of good support from the myTEFL team to fully gain from the program. They are very responsive any time there is a need or a student has a question, and the fact that they have an internship program and job placement service is wonderful too.) In the end, I have to say that myTEFL offers a great program, and I highly recommend it for those that want to take a course that offers flexibility and the ability to get that all-important-TEFL certificate quickly.

• Course Instructor

Teaching is a rewarding practice and one that teaches you a lot too

Do you dream about exploring the world and each day being a new adventure? You can make this a reality by teaching English abroad. There is a growing demand and native / naturalised speakers are highly sought after. I absolutely recommend the 120 hour course that is provided by myTEFL.

They provide you with the grammar concepts, literary devices, and classroom management that you will need to feel prepared for your fresh and exciting journey. There is full tutor support throughout, and upon completion they commit to finding you a placement or job vacancy.

Realise your potential, and empower people. I wish you luck.

myTEFL - the real deal

I highly recommend myTEFL. I completed their TEFL online course and quickly applied for a teaching internship in China, afterwards. The whole process was smooth and professional.
My internship is coming to an end now and what an experience it has been! China has its own charm - once you get caught by it, you'll only want more.
Last, but not least - I got paid for my work in China. There are many companies which requires you to pay ridiculous amounts, just so that you can work for free somewhere. myTEFL is different. They offer real job opportunities.

Matt

• Course Instructor

Great learning experience! great cost! great program!!

This program is the exact program I was looking for. Something that was relatively inexpensive and very informative. When I took this course I was Canadian living in China and was excited by the fact I could do this course all through the internet. The modules are very well laid out with, filled with quality information on how to teach a course abroad. A few weeks after completing my course I had found a teaching job in China and used what I learned from the myTEFL course in my teachings! I have already recommended this course to many of my friends and would recommend it to anyone thinking about taking this! 5 Star Rating!

Wow!

I am so incredibly glad that I found your website! The information provided, the layout of the course, the way the presentation chapters were written, the test questions themselves, were just absolutely PERFECT! Everything was completely understandable and pertinent to what I've been and will be teaching. I've already recommended you folks to SEVERAL of my friends, and thanks again for making it such a wonderful learning experience!!!

Highly recommended affordable + online TEFL course

Wanting to get my certification ASAP meant it needed to be both online and affordable... so after doing a lot (and I mean a lot) of research I decided to go with myTEFL and I have been very pleased with my experience. They give you plenty of time to complete the course and the site is easy to navigate. Assistance is immediate and any questions I had were promptly answered and helpful. I found the course to be very insightful and enjoyed learning all of the material. In addition to the course is something I really like, myTEFL provides a Library tab consisting of an array of resources including lesson plans, etc. I have recently completed my online course and started seeking out guidance from myTEFL advisors (which is also provided with the course) as I take the next steps to securing a position abroad. I am looking forward to the future! Thank you myTEFL!

myTEFL experience, USA

Great course, definitely worth taking and owning. Staff/faculty members were excellent; the response rate is super quick and informative. I am pleased that they have expanded and added Middle East region to their network, and although this area is relatively new and they still have to work on increasing their partnership with the ME region; their expansion is a sign of growth in the right direction.

Keep it up!

Cheers!

M.Y.

• Course Instructor

Convenient and straightforward way to TEFL certification

MyTEFL has provided a highly convenient and efficient platform for learning all the basics and intricate teaching methods and advice for varying age/experience student groups. Especially useful is the structure of small submodules followed by quizzes to check your learning progress and the ability to navigate between different lessons with clear module titles.

The modules are provided in a logical sequence that is easy to progress through and helps you retain new linguistic content with down-to-earth vocabulary. One thing I especially liked about the course was its ability to list out difficulties that students face when learning English that may not be immediately obvious. Along with these it provides examples of effective activities and the step-by-step procedure to setup and run them so that they benefit the students in the best possible way. An easily overlooked point that myTEFL emphasizes which I think is highly relevant is that learning shouldn't instill a mentality of completing homework for marks into the students. Instead, this can be avoided by using all the cautionary advice provided in the course during communication and mentoring of students.

As a native English speaker, there were quite a few grammar topics that I knew existed but didn't have the exact confidence to explain in a technical and broader sense. However, this course perfectly explains all these topics and now I can be confident in pursuing my first English teaching job!

Great decision choosing myTEFL

After days of searching for the best course, I'm happy I enrolled for myTEFL which I found recommended on Facebook groups. It was the best program for me, considering everything is online. Affordable price with 30% discount is what made myTEFL, my choice. Able to finish it at my own pace, easy to understand content, quite enjoyable and educational lessons.
The program is very thorough and covers everything, and a bit more, you need to know so you can teach in a classroom and become better English speaker yourself. I completed the course, have my certificate, and now I am confident and ready to be an English teacher! If you are unsure and still searching for a program ,choose the 120h myTEFL, you wont regret it, I highly recommend it.
Many thanks to everyone from myTEFL for writing such a helpful teaching guide, it was exactly what i needed.

• Course Instructor

Great way to get certified

So I did quite a bit of research and found MyTEFL. It had good reviews and seemed to be a good program. I went through the course quite quickly in a few weeks. It was pretty easy to do, just have to do a lot of reading on the screen. I was hoping that the lessons would include videos to help in the learning process, because I got tired of reading everything on my computer, would have been easier in a book. But I can't complain because the price was good and I felt the information was quite useful. I'm very glad for the opportunity to get certified to teach English!

I'm glad I choose myTEFL

I did a lot of research before choosing a school and I almost picked a different one. However I decided to give MyTEFL a go because of the great reviews I read. It really was a good experience. The lessons were detailed and relevant. It wasn't too easy or too difficult. Another thing that is nice about the course is that it wasn't too time consuming. 120 hours is not that long and they give you plenty of time to complete the course. I also liked the fact that I could access the course on all of my devices, including my cell phone. This made it easy to get the lessons completed even when I was on the go. The one thing that was a little difficult at times was that the questions are sometimes trick questions or are a little confusing. Other than that this is a great program and I'll be recommending it to others!

A classroom online

myTEFL was introduced to me by my friend who also took the course with them. I was hesitant to do it at the beginning but I found it easy when i registered .

The course itself is easy to understand. The content of it is explained in a very simple manner and is self explanatory. I like the way they have an assessment at the end of every lesson. This will give u a chance to review all the things you have learned and incase, you might want re-read the lessons too.

Online support is there at all times. They are just one click away ready to discuss any queries u have. My tutor leo, is efficient and explained to be everything i ask him including my corrections at the exams.

You can access the course at anytime, whenever, wherever without having system issues. This is helpful special when u have work or some other things to do. You can work at your own pace with no pressure.

I highly recommend this to those people who doesn't like complicated stuff online as they are straight forward and will be with u all the way through like you are in an actual classroom. They are not just there to teach you but also supports u emotionally and morally whenever u feel like you cant do it.

Exactly What I Needed

When I was first looking for a TEFL program in order to teach abroad, I was very unsure ablution whether to do an online program or an In-person. I guess my main issue was whether or not the online program would be accepted by employers and would be adequate preparation. Since I completed the program though, I've worked in Thailand and China with ease. What's better is that I was offered a student discount, making the cost of my TEFL certificate a fraction of what others paid, and completed much more quickly, too.

The course materials are thorough and well researched and definitely help guide an unexperienced teacher through rocky waters. Though most importantly for me, myTEFL's certificate will get you out to sea in the first place!

If you're looking for a value and efficiency, myTEFL is surely among the very best and was exactly what I needed.

Supportive and educational

I completed the 120 hour TEFL with myTEFL and am impressed with the quality content and overall support provided. The online agent was super helpful and my tutor was quick to respond. The units and information progressed intuitively. Even though I'm an experienced teacher, I picked up new ideas and activities which I'll be implementing in my own classes.

In a few weeks I'm starting a new job in Shanghai teaching adult professionals. MyTefl arranged the position for me, and has helped me with the details along the way.

My only gripe would be the format of some of the quizzes. The drag and drops were difficult to complete on my phone and I'd have to complete them on a computer. Not a big deal, especially considering the price I paid.

Ricky Choul - TEFL certified and ready to rock :D

Here's one quote to sum up my experience "That moment of relief when you realize how much of a mistake stepping into the classroom without MyTEFL training would have been." haha.

But really though, this course left my totally prepared for my new teaching job in Taipei, Taiwan - which MyTEFL arranged for me!

Without taking this course i'd likely have just been blagging lessons and facing awkward silences when I didn't know how to explain grammar patterns or phonetics etc. Thankfully I did things right, got the training and the certificate to prove it.

It's all pretty easy, just enroll, spend an hour each day going through the material, and answer the questions to recap each module. It all sinks in pretty well without even noticing it. Then voila, you're ready to go.

TWO THUMBS UP!

A well structured course free from headaches and great value for money.

It cost me around £170, and they even helped get me a job earning around £1,800 p/m in Korea... talk about a win-win situation eh! :D

• Course Instructor

A super easy and stress-free way to get TEFL certified.

Thank you to everyone at mytefl! I completed my online course with no issues. It's really really straight forward - you just need to read through the units, make notes where necessary and complete the tests at each stage. There's no trick questions or anything, and the content really seems geared towards helping build your understanding of both teaching and the EFL industry.

One of the best parts about this course must be the lifetime job placement service. The team have set me up with a teaching job in China (including free accommodation!), helped me to prepare myself and gather the necessary documents. It's made the jump to teaching overseas SO much easier.

• Course Instructor

Helpful, in-depth and convenient.

I finished the myTEFL 120 Hour Professional TEFL Course about 3 weeks ago. It only took about a month to complete as i had quite a bit of free time, and so long as you pay attention, everything is really manageable.

I found the format really helpful as it’s somewhat similar to college – you read each chapter, revise it and then complete a test to see how well you’ve learned it. There’s also lots of additional materials to help you learn more teaching skills, and even to use once you get a teaching job.

Great course and really good value.

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Hi Chloe, thanks for your warm feedback! Wishing you the best of luck on your TEFL adventures!

Tyler and the Mytefl Team

Top Marks!

A solid, uncomplicated way to learn valuable teaching skills. The course covered everything I could have needed - grammar, phonetics, classroom skills, testing students and more. I really feel prepared to go and teach. Thanks myTEFL!

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hi Harriet,

Thanks for your warm feedback. Wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming TEFL journeys!

Tyler and the myTEFL Team!

• Published Content

Fast, affordable, and actually quite fun.

I saw this course advertised on Facebook earlier this year and took a shot at it. It seemed to be priced quite fairly - between the expensive $500 ones and the suspiciously cheap $150 ones - but the materials and support given were first class.

I'd recommend it to anyone out there who's thinking of teaching abroad. I really learned a lot, and for the price you can't complain at all. 9/10 - a phone app would have been cool (but maybe a bit overkill)

• myTEFL responded to this review August 07, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Thanks Marie! We are in the middle of a full redesign and we will definitely explore the App option as suggested. Enjoy your upcoming TEFL travels!

Tyler