TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!

Pura Vida!

Can't recommend this course enough. The staff were incredibly helpful, our Trainer Audra was amazing, being professional, knowledgeable and supportive whilst also being funny, full of energy and just generally fun to spend 4 weeks with. I met a lot of really awesome people whilst here, created some very strong bonds in a surprisingly short time in some very beautiful natural surroundings.
I was truly sad when the whole process came to an end.

TEFL Certification Class

I recently spent a month getting my TEFL certificate at Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica and loved every bit of it. Across the board from the quality of the Instructor to the classrooms themselves everything was wonderful! I recommend highly!

Amazing

Had a blast getting my tefl at Manuel Antonio. Audra is by far the best teacher I have EVER had. She somehow made grammar fun. I learned so much and can’t wait to start my teaching career. Would 100% recommend doing this course.

• Course Instructor

The best time ever while learning

Yo this program was awesome. By far the most productive educational experience of my life. Audra is the greatest instructor of all time. Perfect way to start my professional career in teaching English.

TEFL certification

I took the TEFL Certification program at the Maximo Nivel Manuel Antonio and I am so so so happy with my decision to come here. I learned SO much in four weeks and Audra was an amazing instructor! I am just so impressed with the program, and I feel so prepared to take on the ESL world.

TEFL course with Audra and Laura

Audra and Laura were the best!! Their course was impeccably organized, and they are incredibly fun to have in class. I can't recommend this course enough to anyone. After going through their course, I felt very confident in my ability to teach English.

A personal journey

No matter if you are already a trained teacher or just discovered your inner teacher, allow yourself this 4 week course with Maximo Nivel. It's intense, inspiring and simply fantastic. The staff here in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica are extremely professional an will give you a warm welcome, and help you with everything you need.
Don't miss the opportunity of having Audra Wooldridge as your TEFL trainer and mentor - 4 week with her is an adventure in itself. I would never have thought that English grammar could be so much fun:) She is by far the best teacher I have ever had - thank you for 4 amazing weeks.

Awesome!

I didn't have many expectations coming into this course, but I definitely enjoyed it! It was such an awesome experience and I already feel like I'm a real teacher! I would absolutely recommend, especially here in Manuel Antonio because Audra makes the whole experience 100x better!

• Course Instructor

Learning in Manuel Antonio!

I did not know what to expect when I first signed up for TEFL. I was initially going to take my certification course online but decided to look at options for in person training in a foreign country. Maximo in Manuel Antonio was really great experience. Audra the instructor is excellent and puts so in work! Everyday provides a new set of challenges, all with the view of the ocean off the back terrace. I learned a great deal with people who genuinely cared. Thank you Maximo!

TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

This was a wonderful TEFL certification course. I had no idea what to expect, but I can tell you that this course was far more engaging and hands-on than most of the courses I ever took at a university. Our teacher Audra was amazing!! She helped make everyone feel comfortable right away and created a great learning environment. You will never have a dull moment with Audra. She also is of course a great teacher, and is always willing to go out of her way to help you with anything you need! You will have many opportunities to observe real classes, and teach your own! You will leave with many new friends from the program, as well as meet wonderful people from the community. I am so happy I chose Maximo Nivel.

My TEFL trip

As someone who didn't learn English as a first language, I have to say that the experience was wonderful. I didn’t come to Costa Rica to enjoy the beaches and warm climate. In fact, I moved here to help my family so when I heard about the TEFL course I had no idea what it actually was. I decided on a whim to do the classes, however I never thought it would be this good. The teacher, Audra, is a wonderful person that not only teaches with enthusiasm but also understands their students. I would recommend this course to anyone that aspires to become an English teacher at some point.

Do it!

From the moment I arrived, everyone at Maximo has made me feel comfortable and welcome. The TEFL course was structured well and I left feeling confident in my abilities as an English teacher. Audra is an incredible instructor! She truly cares about each of her students and is always available for questions and advice. It was worth every penny to have the hands on practical teaching experience no feedback in the beautiful Manuel, Antonio! If you are thinking about TEFL, DO IT!!!!

TEFL/TESOL certification in Manuel Antonio

I had the most incredible experience getting my TEFL/TESOL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica at COSI. My school had a warm atmosphere and all of the staff was supportive and kind. My teacher was the most delightful and helpful person, and made the experience that much better. The beach was only a 5 minute bus ride from school, and was a perfect get away whenever I needed it. Although the course moved quickly, I never felt like I didn't have proper guidance. Finding the "balance" of work and life was an additional valuable lesson I learned along the way. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity, and I encourage anyone interested in this journey to use Maximo Nivel!

Strive for excellence

I walked into this program having no idea if this was going to be for me or not. After meeting Audra and observing her teaching style, I realized, this may not be so bad. Her upbeat nature was naturally encouraging and the way you are taught here makes things feel super comfortable. These two pieces really switched up my attitude about getting my certificate. It was no longer just about getting it, but about striving for the level of excellence. The way this program is structured, it really motivates you to succeed to your best ability. They truly care about you and you see this in the way they give up their time to help you. Though it is an intense program, it was a wonderful experience and I am glad I had this opportunity. I can only imagine how fun it would be to actually work for them. Maybe one day my journey will bring me back here.

Maximo Nivel experience!

Job placement was helpful, but generally we were re-directed to organizations that work specifically with job placement - still very helpful! The building has a beautiful view.
Overall, I would not have wanted to go anywhere else but Maximo! Practical teaching week gives you great exposure to real-life teaching preparation. Our instructor was great and took time to help all students individually. Constant feedback was great for self-motivation and general improvement. I would absolutely recommend Maximo to family and friends.

Fun and well done

This course was really well done. It was a perfect blend of fun and hard work. The teacher, Audra Woolridge is a veteran of the industry and has years of experience teaching. Her ability to make teaching fun and inviting was inspiring. The most interesting part of the course was how we were taught. It was the same way we will teach English to new English learners, so it was great to experience that style first hand and see how successful it can be.

Incredible experience!!

Hands down, one of the best experiences I have had. Audra is an AMAZING teacher!! She is so passionate about what she is teaching and it is incredibly contagious. I came into this program with very little confidence in being an English teacher. As I sit here writing this review a month later ... I feel like I am ready to take on the world and pursue a TEFL career with confidence and excitement! I HIGHLY recommend this program if you are looking to be a TEFL teacher. If you are on the fence about it all (like I was when I started), I guarantee you that your mind will change by the time you finish the program. A huge thank you to Audra and Maximo Nivel for a truly unforgettable experience! You guys are AMAZING!

100% worth it

I had just graduated from college in May and knew I wanted to teach English abroad. There were so many programs and places to choose from and I felt overwhelmed, until I got in contact with Maximo Nivel. From the moment I chose this program they have been nothing but wonderful. They responded to my ridiculous email questions that same day, provided me with all the necessary information before I arrived, picked me up from the airport, bought my bus tickets and made sure I was safe at my living destination all before class even started. The month I lived in Costa Rica truly changed my life. I know that people say that all the time, but it really was an experience I will never forget. My teacher, Audra, somehow made hours in the classroom learning about grammar extremely fun, AND I gained the confidence and knowledge to become an English teacher. The skills and strategies that I learned throughout this TEFL course are skills that are going to benefit me professionally as well as personally. It was definitely 110% worth every minute, dollar, and travel minute. If someone were to ask me about teaching abroad, I would recommend Maximo Nivel instantly.

Life changing experience

Audra was amazing throughout our program, and very passionate about her job. She was more than happy to help all of us find jobs at the end of the program. I had a great time during the program and am now good friends with many people I studied with. Would recommend 100%.

• Course Instructor

What are you waiting for?

I can't say enough positive things about Audra and the rest of the Maximo Nivel staff. Even though this course is short and sweet, I feel that I am leaving with the skills to command my own classroom. Audra worked tirelessly to help each student, and provided in-depth feedback in an engaging manner. I recently accepted a teaching job in Latin America thanks to this program! I highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering TEFL!

Life Changing Experience

By far, this was one of the best experiences ever! In just one month, I learned so much about teaching English, how I can help others succeed, how this certificate benefits, and I also learned a ton about myself. Maximo Nivel in Costa Rica was everything I expected and more! It was literally paradise. Audra and Laura are AMAZING! They're always willing to help no matter what. Audra is also such a great trainer! When I first arrived, I was like, "how in the world am I going to learn to teach when I've never taught in my life?" Now, I feel so prepared, it's like I've been doing it for a while. And it was all thanks to Maximo Nivel COSI, Audra, and Laura! Thank y'all so much for changing my life! I definitely recommend this program to anyone. It will be one of the best decisions ever made! =)

My Costa Rica Adventure

So why would you want to do TEFL at Maximo Nivel Costa Rica. Well, the better question would be why you wouldn't want to and I would say this for several reasons. The teachers are great, it gets you actively teaching pretty quickly so you get that practical experience straight off the bat. Also, the way the class is set up, you get to know your fellow students pretty quickly, which is great as you spend a lot of time together. This experience is so much more than just a course. It makes you question yourself, what you are capable of and what you really want out of life. If anything, you get to be in the beautiful location of Manuel Antonio for 4 weeks and I have to say it’s a great place to be! So for me, all that’s left to ask yourself is why am I not there already!

TEFL Certification

This course was amazing! Audra & Laura are great teachers, they make learning fun & easy to understand. The course is a little intensive & will keep you busy but it is very rewarding & in a great location! Also the staff at the institute are so helpful and great.

Phenomenal Place, Phenomenal Course

My experience has been incredible and I would absolutely recommend this course and location to anyone who may be interested. Audra is a tremendously gifted educator, and a frankly wonderful human being. I am very well prepared to effectively teach our wonderfully complicated language to anyone who may want to learn it. The course itself is no walk in the park, but the delightful manner in which the material is presented makes four weeks of intense study fly by. Just do it!

I love it!

I will definitely vouch for the fact that class was very fun, and full of content and information. I was able to get up there and teach and the students were really learning! This program will inspire you to push your limits!