Education Support in Laos
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Education Support in Laos

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Teaching In Luang Prabang, Laos

“I chose to volunteer with Love Volunteers Education Program teaching English in Luang Prabang, Laos for a few reasons. I wanted to meet the children of Laos and help them obtain a universal tool that could help them reach further in their lives. I also felt that it would be a great fit for me because I am currently studying in the field of Education. I wanted to experience a rich culture far from my own and make a difference there. I got all of that and more out of my experience and impact while volunteering. Did I mention that this was my 1st time teaching and my 1st time volunteering? I have to say that it couldn’t have been a better 1st-time experience! The smiles on the students faces when they learned new words, meanings, and pronunciations from our classes were amazing. The energy they displayed and the connection I was able to make with them touched my heart and confirmed that I had chosen the right volunteer program. I felt like part of the family immediately. Everyone was so incredibly supportive, great partners in the classroom, and helped me obtain some teaching skills to take back home! When my time was up in Luang Prabang, the hardest thing was saying goodbye to all of my students...and I quickly started thinking of when I would be able to come back and see them! I also was sad to leave the delicious Laotian food, beautiful scenery and people...I never passed a frowning face on the street during my time there. Shortly after returning home in Chicago, IL, I was hired as an educator at The Ogden International School of Chicago and I think my time teaching had a hand in that achievement. I can not wait to go back to Luang Prabang!”

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Hi Kerry,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience on our Education program in Laos.

Wonderful to read your praise of the local team and your hosts and the joy and reward you got back from the students and monks.

It's fantastic to hear that you have returned home and gained a role in Education - congratulations!

We wish you all the very best in your new role and we too hope that you will be able to return to Laos in the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers