Nutrition & Natural Medicine in Peru
Linguistic Horizons Header Image Linguistic Horizons Header Image

Nutrition & Natural Medicine in Peru

A memorable experience you will never forget

The Sacred Valley of the Incas is absolutely breathtaking. The nutrition and natural medicine program exceeded my expectations and I am truly grateful to have been a part of it. Nicole was a thoughtful, intelligent and helpful director. She created a program that expanded on my knowledge about nutrition and opened my eyes to natural medicine. My time there I learned about bodywork, the benefits of aromatherapy, Peruvian superfoods, herbal medicine, traditional Peruvian customs and so much more. This program is unique compared to nutrition programs I have looked at. The reason for this trip was for educational purposes, but the outside excursions (an overnight hike, visit to Machu Pachu, and the tour of Cusco) helped develop my love for the country. Overall, the program gives you a natural and holistic view of health. If you have a passion for both these things, I strongly recommend involving yourself in this program. It will be a memorable experience you will never forget.

• Linguistic Horizons responded to this review December 09, 2017 at 1:06 AM

Hi Candace! Thank you so much for leaving a review of your experience with us in Peru. We very much enjoyed having you. Please come back to visit us soon!

Amazing opportunity to learn about nutrition and natural medicine in the Sacred Valley of Peru!

My experience learning about nutrition and natural medicine in Peru was truly amazing. Through this program I had the opportunity to learn about aspects of natural medicine and holistic nutrition which I have never had the opportunity to learn in school. It was so awesome to get to experience the health culture of this country and learn about all of the amazing Peruvian super foods and herbs used! I have already benefited so much from the information I learned about essential oils, body work, natural and herbal medicine, tradition Peruvian cooking and super foods, and overall holistic health - and it has sparked a desire within me to continue to learn more about these topics! I also loved all of the opportunities we had to hike and enjoy the outdoors - which were many! Every day was filled with fun workshops, delicious food, and outdoor adventures :) Peru is such a beautiful and health conscious place, and I hope to go back again! I could not recommend this program enough!

• Linguistic Horizons responded to this review December 09, 2017 at 1:07 AM

Hi Claire,
    Thank you for your review! It was great getting to know you and having you as part of the program!

The most unique experience you can find in a study abroad program

My experience with this program truly exceeded my expectations. Nicole, the program director, was so beyond helpful from before the program even started until the very end. I was only there for 3 weeks and I learned so much useful information about plant-based medicine, Peruvian culture, and nutrition. Before going it was not my main goal to improve my Spanish, but after being immersed in the language I left Peru being more motivated than ever to eventually be fluent in Spanish. The opportunities that were presented to the students in the program are not things that you can find anywhere else, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. The people that I have met through this program are some of the most amazing people I know and meeting them has truly changed my life for the better, if I could do it all over again I would not change a thing.

• Linguistic Horizons responded to this review April 01, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Thank you for your review, Taylor! I'm so glad you enjoyed the program and your time in Peru. <3