Study Abroad in Rome, Italy at John Cabot University
Rome, Italy Rome, Italy

Study Abroad in Rome, Italy at John Cabot University

Time of your life

Studying abroad in Italy was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I met so many new people and discover more about myself. I enjoyed almost every part of my trip and experience and would encourage anyone to study abroad.

Rome is Home

Studying abroad in Rome changed my life for the better. Here I met the love of my life, I gained life-long friends and we all share a special bond that few people in the world get to experience, I learned a new language, stuffed my face with some amazing food, enjoy (never) one too many glasses of wine and I wouldn't trade one day I had here for anything in the world. It inspired me to pursue my dreams of living abroad and I intend to do so in the next couple of years! Don't miss out on an experience that no one can take away from you!

Love,

Honorary Roman

Roma Aeterna

This study afraid program was fantastic. The classes I took were art and history courses and instead of being in a classroom, they were immersive in the city. We climbed through ruins and got special access to restricted areas in churches. We were allowed to go in crypts that tourists don't have access to. It was phenomenal. The professors were interesting and dynamic and very approachable. The facilities of the university were top notch. The library, cafeteria, classrooms, common areas and the student housing were all clean and modern and very nice. The housing was incredibly secure with 24-hour guarded key-card access in a great neighborhood. The only tiny downside to the whole thing was that the neighborhood is FULL of American students so it's a little bit more difficult to find an authentic Italian life. Everyone speaks English in the neighborhood. This does make it an easy transition and lessens the culture shock. I love culture shock though so it was not my cup of tea. That being said, the entire thing was fantastic. I fell in love with Rome and with John Cabot University.

My experience at the affiliated university

Overall studying abroad in Italy was a once in a lifetime experience that I learned a lot from. However if I could go abroad again I would do things differently. I lived with 5 roommates who had no interest in friendship because they had all come with their friends. The academics proved to be far more difficult than my home universities academics so traveling was difficult. It was a great expense paying for food and basic necessities ( it really adds up quick). I didn't make good friends until the end of my experience. I wish I would have known at least one other person. My apartment wasn't in the best quality. ( There was a damaged couch, broken bug screen on the window, our sink flooded, the bath would drain itself and had very limited warm water and low water pressure, we had no dryer, nor did we have an iron, our fridge was very small especially for five girls, the walls were very thin and it didn't help with the noisy neighbors, the washer was very slow and ruined most of my clothes, the rooms were very plain with white walls and hardwood floors, I believe that the apartments were overpriced for the quality, The WiFi connection was absolutely awful.) Moving on the fitness center was very falsely advertised it was very small and had very few machines. Also the fitness center had odd hours and would close at random times. The library was anything but quiet. Even in the "quiet rooms" people still found it necessary to yell at the top of their lungs. While some faculty and staff were very helpful others seemed to care less and if you asked for directions they would be clueless. On the bright side traveling was generally inexpensive and shopping was affordable. Navigation was not very difficult and if you ever needed to take the bus or a taxi you never would have trouble finding one. I felt very safe and there was 24 hour security on site at the school and my apartment. The location of the university was ideal and restaurants, and attractions were close by. During my experience I was mostly a pedestrian. The fresh food market proved to be a happy and healthy choice for groceries. There were many attractions and a lively night life. My favorite part of the experience was traveling with my family for spring break. I feel that if I would have known italian previously I would have had an easier time. Language barriers can be frustrating. I dealt with some homesickness, and culture shock, however with technology I was able to stay in touch with loved ones. I also commend the universities counselors who were truly helpful individuals. Studying abroad was nothing like I expected, however I genuinely grew as a person and enjoyed the journey that took me there.

I found that the university provided everything that I could have needed and did it in a very friendly manor. I loved being there, and I don't think there would be anything I would do differently if I were to go back again.

Studying Abroad in Rome

I am a degree seeking student at John Cabot University, studying International Business. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking to enhance their educational experience. While you are here you will be fully immersed into the Italian culture, meet people from all around the world, and grow as person. You will return home with a better understanding of other cultures and an experience that will set you apart from others in the future.

John Cabot University - An adventure to experience!

The experience of living in Rome is amazing and one of a kind. The diversity the University offers is incredibly wide and allows students to learn about the many various cultures that exist throughout the world in one place. Students learn a lot, meet new people from all over the world and often tend to make friends for life. I would never change the experience I have had by coming to John Cabot, an American University in the Heart of Rome.

So Euro

Overall, a great European experience. I love Italia!

Rock star status.

I love it!

John Cabot is amazing!!

Good university in a great location.

Good university in a great location. I couldn’t imagine my summer any other way.

I would recommend JCU to any student studying abroad.

I would recommend JCU to any student studying abroad. The school works hard to make you feel safe and at home while still getting immersed into the culture of Rome. My classes have further expanded my opportunities to see and experience things in Rome that I would not have thought to do on my own. Last, the location is absolutely perfect.

Great!

Study Abroad in Italy

This is amazing.

Loved it!

Best summer experience

Rome is enchanting

This has been a great summer

Love Rome!

I love Rome!

Rome's amazing!

This is amazing!

Rome is amazing!

Great teachers

Great teachers. Very knowledgable and helpful to students not only in class but immersing in the culture as well. Apartments are great for European standards and very safe. No problems whatsoever! Only negative was the lack of communication regarding make-up classes before departure, but other than that, a great experience overall.