Volunteer with Street Children in Ecuador

Volunteer with Street Children in Ecuador

Fantastic family volunteer experience

My family, including 3 children 13, 12, and 10 volunteered through IVHQ in the Street Children program in Ecuador. IVHQ made this trip possible with excellent customer service and an easy step by step method.
I spoke to IVHQ, for the first time, 4 weeks before we landed in Ecuador. Though this is not an ideal lead time to plan a trip like this, because they are so organized, helpful and overall fantastic I was able to plan a fabulous trip with their help. I felt comfortable and safe for myself in my family because of the support, information and training.
I will use IVHQ again. They were our travel agent, concierge, and booking agent all in one. Most importantly, we were able to experience a different culture from the space of staying with a host family and immersing ourselves in the culture each day. I cannot think of another experience that we could have done that would have shown my children this culture and its people. IVHQ made it all possible from day one through our return home.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Hi Jess, Thanks for your kind words! It's great to hear you felt supported throughout the volunteering process and that your family enjoyed their time working with children in the markets of Quito. We're stoked that you made the last-minute decision to join us in Ecuador and look forward to having your family volunteer with IVHQ again soon! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

Ecuador June 2017

I volunteered for 3 weeks on the Ecuador Street Children Program through IVHQ. To say I miss it is an understatement. It was an amazing experience. All of the children express so much love and happiness towards you, it really is heart warming. I lived in the volunteer house with Monica and Byron and about 15 other volunteers. We all got along amazing and there was always something to do! Monica, Byron, and Enrique, our host grandpa were so welcoming and amazing. I would highly recommend IVHQ to a fellow volunteer and I cannot wait to volunteer again!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review December 03, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Hi Erica, We’re stoked to hear that you had an amazing experience volunteering with us in Ecuador! Thanks so much for recommending IVHQ and we can’t wait to have you join us again!
    Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager