Volunteer in Childcare in Peru - Cusco

Volunteer in Childcare in Peru - Cusco

Lifetime experience and memory

Woooww,

I volunteer 2months in Cusco, Peru, Childcare program in orphanage Juan Pablo II.

I don't know where to start but first I wanna thanks to IVHQ for time of my life, overoll my experience was way more than I expected, from the suport and fast advices from IVHQ team in New Zealand, answering on all my questions so quickly and detailed to huge support and help from IVHQ partner in Peru Maximo Nivel.

First time in South America, alone,you feel lost, but in 2months I never feel lonely. From the airport pick up, family placement which was outstanding, beautiful, comfortable, and simply in two months you feel connection like is your own family, food in placement was perfect.

During my time in Cusco Maximo Nivel was huge help and support, with huge facility in centar of Cusco city it was my everyday stop point for few hours, I sign up for spanish leasons for 6week for realy cheep price(65$ one week or 10hours) and belive me after 6 weeks I tought I dream but I start to speak spanish, also great thing is that you can set tandem for free and speak with native spanish speaker for hour, two or more. Maximo facility have a huge computer room, wifi is great, cafeteria with cheep food, coffee and tea is gratis. They have bunch of free events like Salsa Tuesday, cooking clasess, city tours, museum tours,yoga clasess...etc..Maximo Nivel staff is simply the best always willing to help, and always ready for jokes and laughs, big support and big professionals on everyday basics. There is a agency that partner with Maximo and you can book all your trips true them, it's safe, correct, on time and reliable(100%recomended)

My volunteer placement in orphanage was the best experience of my life, from the first day I arrived in orphanage the kids was amaizing and full of love.

It was a summer brake(january- march) and we did it so manny activity, play, draw, teach english, matematic painting and renovating some rooms, celebraiting birthadays, carneval, cooking, dancing all the time, bunch of sport activity, went to theatar, just talking and have fun.

It's so unbeliveble how orphanage kids are so thankful, inteligent , brave, positive, smily and full of love, they realy take care of each other and love each other like real brothers and sisters.

On my last day all kids and directory come to say goodbye to me and it was so sensitive and I wont lie I start to cry as soon as I step out from the orphanage.

Honestly I could write days and days about my great experience, and belive me or not, not single bad thing hapens during my 2months in Cusco.

One more time I whish thanks to IVHQ and Maximo Nivel to help me have the best time on my life and without them I would be complitely lost.

Sorry on my incorect language, but english is my second language, and after this program spanish is third

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review April 26, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Hi Predrag, Thanks for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you were well supported by IVHQ and our local team and had an amazing 2 months volunteering experience in Cusco, Peru. It sounds like you made the most of your time on the program by getting to know the children at your placement and filling your free time with language lessons and events. Thanks for being a great volunteer and we would love to have you join us again in the future.
    Charlotte – IVHQ Peru Cusco Program Manager

My Peru Experience

Going to Peru was such a treasure. I went in with a mind full of curiosity. I had no time to panic or question what I was about to get myself into. But everything was so beyond great.
Once I got off my plane, I saw my name on a sign stating it was for IVHQ. That's how I knew from the start that I was going to be okay. When I met the staff and the other volunteers, I knew I was in a good place. Everyone was so enduring and so incredibly helpful. It made my trip a lot more easier!
I stayed for one week. It was my first trip out for IVHQ so I thought a week was enough to test the waters. But the waters were perfectly fine to me. I was so close to postponing my flight so that I could stay much longer but I had prior obligations at home waiting for me. I told all of my friends and family that my next trip with IVHQ is definitely going to last for a month or more. This was such a beautiful experience. Your heart grows more because you're not just on vacation. You're doing something good for humanity. You're meeting people from all over the world. You're widening your horizons with food, places, and people. It'll change your life for the better... It's been 2 weeks since I came back and i'm already planning for my next trip!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Hi Victoria, It’s great to hear that you had such a rewarding experience volunteering in Peru - Cusco. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back on another IVHQ program again soon.