Volunteer and Teach with IVHQ in Zambia

Volunteer and Teach with IVHQ in Zambia

My version of "The once in a life-time trip"

When I got home from Zambia, people asked me how it felt to be back from my "once in a life-time trip". Well when someone asks a question like that, there isn't a very good way to respond. "uh, pretty depressing?" because they aren't wrong about how lucky I am to have had experienced a place like this for four months. My trip was amazing. Everything about it; from teaching my unbelievably wonderful class of 18 children in Zambia, going on safari in Botswana, trekking through the desert of Namibia or going skydiving in Cape Town. It WAS once in a lifetime. I thought I was coming to Zambia to help and volunteer my time but I was given so much more than what I gave. I learned about a culture that I have the utmost respect for, made friends that I will know in 50 years and am counting down the days until I have the chance to go back. And I know it will be soon since IVHQ does an amazing job pairing solid local organizations up with their campaign to create an unforgettable experience with any volunteer. On top of it all, I lived 15 minutes away from Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 29, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for your fantastic review of the IVHQ program in Zambia. It is awesome that you made the most being in Livingstone by utilizing the programs proximity to Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe! It absolutely sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime and we are sure that you will also make the most of your next adventure. We can’t wait to see where you head to next!
    Will – IVHQ Zambia Program Manager