Volunteer and Teach with IVHQ in Zambia

Volunteer and Teach with IVHQ in Zambia

A beautiful experience

You simply MUST go to Zambia. The country, the landscape, the people here are something one has to see, has to experience. IVHQ volunteer program was the ideal set-up for me to be there at an acceptable cost, to meet local (and other volunteers) people, to be able to join a project helping children. While the primary goal was to help them, I could also do some touristic activities in the free-time. ANY help is more than welcome, sometimes simply your presence is important for them. Children are incredibly friendly and they really want to learn from you.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review May 21, 2018 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for sharing your review. I agree that Zambia is an incredible country with a rich culture, amazing excursions and even better people. It's great that you and your daughter were able to share this experience together and I'm sure you guys have created many lifelong memories and friendships. Thanks again for being an awesome volunteer. ^Will - IVHQ Zambia Program Manager

IVHQ Zambia

This is my 2nd time volunteering and I believe you learn when you travel and I believe you grow when you help others. Volunteering in Livingstone, Zambia was a unforgettable experience for me. I was told by people who previously volunteered that I am going to fall in love with Zambia. To be completely honest, I was terrified of volunteering again. I volunteered in Ubud, Bali last year and I unfortunately got into a really bad accident. I managed to finish the program I was in and had a amazing time. As soon as I finished that program I told myself I am going to build my confidence and give it another try. This time I chose to go to Zambia, Africa. I can't even put it into words on how beautiful this Country and people are. Livingstone is a beautiful safe place to visit. I was there for the teaching program and definitely grew a bond with the entire school. The kids are the most authentic children I have ever met. They carry real big smiles on their face and greet you as you walk by them. I would recommend this program to the whole world! if you have a big heart and want to volunteer at a very humble place this is the way to go! The coordinators are 100% helpful in every way.They make you feel like you are at home. The food is absolutely delicious as well ! Not to mention, Victoria Falls is your backyard ! Most beautiful country I've been to. I recommend it to the whole world ! I am going to return in just a couple of months ! :)

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 25, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for sharing your awesome review. Your story is really encouraging and I'm glad IVHQ was able to be apart of your amazing volunteering experience! I fully agree that the people in Zambia are amazing and they really do make your volunteer experience that much better. It's great to hear that the local team made you feel comfortable during your stay and I'm sure they would love you to visit again in the near future. Thanks for being an awesome volunteer. ^Will - IVHQ Zambia Program Manager

My version of "The once in a life-time trip"

When I got home from Zambia, people asked me how it felt to be back from my "once in a life-time trip". Well when someone asks a question like that, there isn't a very good way to respond. "uh, pretty depressing?" because they aren't wrong about how lucky I am to have had experienced a place like this for four months. My trip was amazing. Everything about it; from teaching my unbelievably wonderful class of 18 children in Zambia, going on safari in Botswana, trekking through the desert of Namibia or going skydiving in Cape Town. It WAS once in a lifetime. I thought I was coming to Zambia to help and volunteer my time but I was given so much more than what I gave. I learned about a culture that I have the utmost respect for, made friends that I will know in 50 years and am counting down the days until I have the chance to go back. And I know it will be soon since IVHQ does an amazing job pairing solid local organizations up with their campaign to create an unforgettable experience with any volunteer. On top of it all, I lived 15 minutes away from Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 29, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for your fantastic review of the IVHQ program in Zambia. It is awesome that you made the most being in Livingstone by utilizing the programs proximity to Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe! It absolutely sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime and we are sure that you will also make the most of your next adventure. We can’t wait to see where you head to next!
    Will – IVHQ Zambia Program Manager