Volunteer and Teach in Kenya

10.0 Overall Rating
Star Verified
Download Information

Program Summary

* Volunteer and Teach in Kenya!

Volunteers on the Teaching program in Kenya are placed in community schools, public schools or orphanage schools. Many of the schools we work with are constantly understaffed and are always in need of new volunteers.

In this program, volunteers can work by themselves or alongside other teachers and volunteers. Typical subjects taught include English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art and Physical Education. School in Kenya runs for three terms a year (Term One - January to March, Term Two - May to July, Term Three - September to November). There are short breaks between these terms in the months of April, August and December during which time volunteers can take a break, travel, engage in tourist activities such as safari, take tutorials for senior students, or participate in another placement.

An example placement: Dagorretti Primary School

This school is located approximately 10 minutes out of Kibera and provides education for over 300 children ranging age from ...

Teaching program in Kenya

I'm so blessed to have taught children in different cities of Kenya. They said I impacted them, but really they impacted me with their hard work, kindness and love more than they'll ever know. All the staffs and volunteers helped and taught me a lot so that I can have a wonderful time there. The three months memories will be cherished for my lifetime. Plus, I seriously would love to come back again!

Notice: Our website and its third party tools use cookies, which are used to manage, monitor, and track usage to improve our website's services. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to the use of cookies, please refer to our cookie policy.

By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link, or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree and consent to our use of cookies.