Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Rural Areas
- English Teaching
- Health Care
- Health Education
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
May - April
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
From USD 640 for two months or more
* Placement at a school
* Support from a local HELP representative
* Written documentation about all aspects of working and living in your Himalayan community
*a pack of TEFL materials
* Full board and accommodation with a host family.
* A donation to this project and to other HELP-supported projects
Salary & Compensation
The benefits are non-monetary: the pleasure of sharing your skills and money with a poor community, and the chance to live in a fascinating country and to trek in the Himalayas.
Experience RequiredYes. Volunteers with no teaching experience can only be accepted with a TEFL certificate.
If you have no experience of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), you will need to take a short course in TEFL (an intensive weekend course would be the minimum requirement). A love of children and an ability to communicate skills and knowledge to them is essential. Our volunteers must also be mature, patient, tolerant and diplomatic.
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application