Volunteer in Rural Nepal
Himalayan Education Lifeline Programme Himalayan Education Lifeline Programme

Volunteer in Rural Nepal

A great experience

I would highly recommend volunteering with HELP in Nepal. Unlike many organisations, they have the needs of the local people at heart. Hence the minimum time period of 6 weeks for assignments and no excessive fees for the volunteer - giving you the best chance of making a difference in the community. As a small organisation the approach is very personal and their schools are carefully selected to maximise the impact of your visit. I enjoyed my first placement near Kathmandu so much that i came back a few years later and did another near Pokhara. I highly recommend HELP!

Unforgettable experience

This is to far to much to describe. I have never had such a great experience as this, all because of the love the children give me. Although I was there for a short term, it felt that I know the children in the village and the school for years. It good to spend a lot of time with the children, playing football, volleyball and frisbee before school and during break time. I never said no when someone asked me to walk to another village, and the people are happy to point at animals, plants, villages and houses, telling me about their names in Nepali, and which students live where.

Volunteer teaching in Nepal

HELP is a good organization. Its goals are clearly stated. There is not a big superfluous infrastructure. It is an organization that I can trust. Although I did not need much logistical support, I felt that HELP would have provided such support if I had needed it. They truly have the Nepali people's welfare first and foremost.