High School Abroad in Spain with Greenheart Travel
Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

High School Abroad in Spain with Greenheart Travel

• Program Opportunities

Thank you for such a life changing, amazing experience!

I liked Greenheart over any other company because they don't send hundreds of students to one country, the staff and alumni are very talkative, open, and close to you at every point of the experience, and they know the exact region of the country you are going to. Nothing is uncertain with Greenheart. They have every questioned detail planned out. I always felt certain and safe.

If you're thinking about studying abroad in Spain, be completely open to learn a new way of life, new things about yourself, and change in every part of your life. It might be challenging or frustrating at times, but at the end you will be amazed at how much this all has shaped you and made you a better, stronger, more confident person. I liked getting to live in a new culture, learn a totally different way of life, and challenge myself by learning a new language the most. It was so eye opening and incredible to see how different life is across the ocean. It made me learn what is important in my life, how I need to change things in my life, and allowed me to know myself even more than before.

Thank you for such a life changing, amazing experience Greenheart! It really changed my life by allowing me to learn so many things about myself that I didn't know before. I have a better understanding of the world, who I am, and what I want to do in my life. I plan to apply to travel with you all again!

• Personal Development

Studying abroad sophomore year of HS!

I am so thankful to have spent 6 months in Badajoz, Spain. I met so many great people from Spain and the United States. When I first arrived for the orientation I was really nervous, but the orientation staff is extremely welcoming and they help you learn more about the country. After leaving the orientation, I met my host family who helped me so much with my Spanish and they taught me so much about the Spanish culture. They had already had two past exchange students so they were very accommodating. Being in a smaller city was beneficial because not very many people spoke English so even if I wanted to speak it, I would have to try to use my Spanish instead. School was difficult because it was all taught in Spanish, but my classmates took their own time in class to help me understand the assignments. The school work was not that important to me as the grades wouldn't count for my transcript over here, but I tried the best I could. Over my whole trip I managed to do so many different things like try on traditional flamenco dresses at a local shop, ride horses on the beach and even got to visit Portugal! My favorite part of living in Spain was that every Friday I would go out with my classmates and walk the streets and go out to eat. Studying abroad was just as educational as learning in a traditional classroom because just being in a different country had taught me so much.

BEST DECISIONS IVE EVER MADE

My experience could not have been more perfect. The family was perfect and friendly and welcoming and loving and very generous. The full immersion was great, it helped me to learn the language quicker and to experience more of the culture. Being the only American in my city was very fun, everyone was very excited to meet me and always wanted to converse. Going to school was difficult, especially when I couldnt understand but friends, family and teachers are very willing to help. I would not have done the second semester of my junior year any other way.