Thailand - Learn, Volunteer and Travel
GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Thailand - Learn, Volunteer and Travel

Thailand volunteering

Stepping out of my comfort zone and volunteering in Thailand with this amazing organization is something I will remember forever. I was fortunate to meet such kind-hearted children and make such wonderful friends, while volunteering. For the first week I was able to volunteer at an orphanage in a small village. This was wonderful because we were able to build a safe and friendly environment for the children as well as interact with them. I was also happy to discover that GoEco offered volunteers to switch programs and try new things. For my second week I volunteered at a school also in a small village and was greeted by wonderful Thai children. Overall, this experience has been unforgettable and I am very grateful.

My Thailand Adventure

My over all time in Thailand was amazing! I lived at the twin house which was full of amazing people and we always had lots of fun. The orphanage was very bitter sweet for me. I taught English to some amazing women and it was really fun then I started working at the nursery which was always busy and under supplied. I loved it though I really felt like I was making a difference. It was stressful though and really upset me that we didnt have the proper supplies. I loved working there though and plan to go back. It was amazing and I'm happy I went. Over all it was an amazing trip and there was never a dull moment!

Thai impact, more than a volunteer

Since day 1 at Singburi guesthouse was awesome and so different for me, a western guy, visiting for first time a new continent, the people was nice, the coordinator, also the other volunteers and specially my roommates, then, the introduction week was such a life changer for you, knew that people from Thailand, their cultures, their way to live, they were also so nice and polite at you, the Watcharoo school, my volunteering place, teaching english, was great, the kids, the teachers, the food, a big ten for them! Hopefully I will go back to Thai and repeat that experience.

Volunteering in Thailand

The decision to embark on a journey across the world to somewhere new and bizarre was not an easy one, but one that I have absolutely no regrets over. My three weeks in Thailand went down as one of the best things I've ever done and would do it all again in a heartbeat. In short, it was mostly spent in a run-down orphange with young kids as well as visiting temples, making friendship bracelets, buying things at markets, hanging out with elephants and monkeys, learning basic Thai words, cooking basic Thai dishes, eating boat loads of tofu and fruits that look like cacti, and scratching my millions of mosquito bites. The people I met on my trip live in countries all over the world, and I still keep in touch with many of them. It was incredible to learn so much in such a small amount of time, but somehow it was possible.