Volunteer Projects in Uganda: Go Volunteer Africa
Go Volunteer Africa Header Image Go Volunteer Africa Header Image

Volunteer Projects in Uganda: Go Volunteer Africa

I highly recommend the program

I recommend everybody to go and experience what Uganda offers. The people were so warm and welcoming. I was so lucky to be accommodated with Lillian the school director and her family. I was welcomed into her home as one of the family and I really felt at home during my stay. From the moment I was introduced to the staff and children, I felt at home and very welcome at the school. It was quickly agreed that I teach English and I was given the teaching aids that were necessary for classes. The other teachers were especially helpful if I had any questions. Everywhere we went kids came to hug us and adults took us in with open arms.

The biggest challenge, resources are so incredibly scarce for local schools; it seems to be the biggest limiting factor for getting things done and making progress. The school themselves struggle to stay in operation on a daily basis, and have virtually no support from within their own country.

Go Volunteer Africa arranged a safari for us and it was absolutely fantastic. The driver was very competent – I felt very safe in the vehicle! He was also very knowledgeable with respect to the wildlife – in terms of both identification and giving us information about specific animals. The food was also very good. GVA is a very small organization and very personal, they give all the support needed. I highly recommend them.