Intensive French Immersion Programs in Quebec City
Edu-inter, International French School in Quebec City Header Image Edu-inter, International French School in Quebec City Header Image

Intensive French Immersion Programs in Quebec City

Outstanding immersion experience

Edu-inter is a great school. I have attended classes at Alliance Française and a French language school in France. This is the best language learning experience I have found.

I judge the schools on three criteria, 1.) the quality of the teachers. 2.) the curriculum, and 3.) the materials and support.

The teachers were outstanding. I spent twelve weeks in the school. I had a Swiss teacher in the first six weeks. I had a French teacher in the last six weeks. Both teachers were better than any other French teachers I have had in the past. They were creative, demanding, extremely professional and extraordinarily helpful. My French proficiency developed rapidly.

The curriculum was sensible. We were evaluated through an introductory interview and placed accordingly. There was sufficient flexibility to allow for fine tuning of the placement when appropriate. The use of French exclusively (or nearly so) is a part of the practical curriculum. French is spoken at meals and during breaks.

I chose to participate in the intensive program which included learning techniques like games, community interaction through practical exercises and weekly group presentations. In the final weeks of my stay, I had private and semi-private lessons which were very helpful.

An important part of the total learning experience was the extracurricular weekly activity schedule. This includes local tours of historical or cultural importance, as well as, day trips to the parks and other nature sites of interests.

All these options made for a truly immersive experience.

The materials and support facilitated the overall experience. The textbooks were very good and illustrated the grammar based on dialogue. Internet resources were introduced using videos and other free online learning platforms. The wifi permitted the use of online reference materials (dictionaries, conjugations, etc.) via smartphones.

The administrative team did an excellent job with arranging home stays or other accommodation options, banking assistance and practical information about getting around town. I always felt like I was welcome with my questions or requests for assistance.

Quebec is beautiful in the summer. It was a welcome break from the heat and humidity of Houston. It is also a very lively place with its Fête de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste (Québec National Holiday), Festival d'été de Québec (two week Summer Festival), New France Festival and many other activities and attractions around town. One other very important point, the Quebecois are very friendly and open. You can easily start a conversation with nearly everyone on the street.

For anyone from middle schoolers to retirees (like me) who are interested in learning French and experiencing the Quebec summers, I doubt you can beat Edu-inter.

Great French language program for adults!

I'm an English professor whose French language skills are at the immediate level. I found Inter-edu to be an effective and fun way to help me improve. The program evaluates your written and oral skills before placing you at the right level. Classes are small and taught by dynamic, experienced teachers. You can choose the intensive option and continue classroom study deep into the afternoon. In the evening, you can choose from different cultural activities in the beautiful city of Quebec. I had a wonderful time and left feeling I had improved my listening, writing, and oral skills. I'm looking forward to returning!

Timid teen

My 13 year old daughter who is shy and a beginner at French went to the 3 week multi activity camp this year and had a very positive experience. The host family included her in their family activities and took a proactive interest making her feel welcome. Her interaction with them were some of the best stories and clearly most memorable times of the trip. The French classes in the morning were a little overwhelming at first for her but she gradually became more comfortable about participating in the classes. I could definitely see the improvement and ease she had with the language upon returning home. The activities in the afternoons were fun and diverse enough to appeal to all students. My daughter will be attending the camp again next year.

Reflection of 3 weeks summer camp of my son

First of all, it's a wonderful opportunity for anybody who would like to improve their French (any level). Taking in mind quality per money ration it's the best offer. Similar local (US) programs cost fortune in comparison. Going to France is a bit more challenging. Canada and especially Quebec City is the best choice. It's immersion indeed. All classes in French. Lot's of activities around the city and "french" Canada. Wonderful hosting family. Very informal, spending a lot of time together.

The only minor thing that a bit shadows this program is globalization. Obviously, it's not the fault of the school. Where ever students go for the "extracurricular" activity - students test out local stuff for knowing the English. No surprise - they could speak and understand... From that point it was hard to switch to French from even poor English. But that's up to the student what he want. Probably for the true immersion you have to go to the rural Quebec areas.

Anyway, 3 weeks fly like a moment. It was a great experience and submersion. Lots of good memories. Much more opened mind for French language. No fear how to say or how to ask. Very pleasant time. Definitely recommend to learning French.

Teenager exhausted in fun

My twin boys and I stayed in this school for two months, and I think next time they would be able to return by themselves.

Mornings are with French; afternoons and Saturdays are in various activities. My boys came home exhausted and ready to tell me stories every day. If parents are planning on a vacation, this is a good place to send their children to. Plus, Quebec City is a cool place in summer.

The French language, with its heavy rules of inflection, had seemed difficult to me and I spent a year to adjust to this language. As beginners, after the two months of the program, my boys started to love French and would like to continue with the learning.

Daughter has had 2 great summers

Our daughter has traveled from Texas to Quebec for two consecutive summers for French immersion. She's had a wonderful experience both times. Each visit she was able to advance 2 levels with her French. Her second visit was even more extraordinary given that she was already familiar with the fun program and beautiful city. She had such warm and accommodating homestay families and has kept in touch with friends she met. We highly recommend this program !! Our daughter was 16 and 17 years of age.

French immersion in Québec

Québec City is a gem with its unique French Canadian culture. I started studying French about two years ago and in August 2016 went to Québec City for the weekend to put it into practice. The people of the city were so accepting and patient as I struggled to speak with them in French that I decided to look for an immersion program. I found Edu-inter.

Unsure of what to expect, I signed up for one week starting June 19, 2017. As soon as I was done, I was inquiring about returning. The school welcomes students of all ages from around the globe for varying lengths of stay. Even though I was older than most of the students, I felt completely at ease. I was welcomed by the teachers from the very first day and even after I returned home, corrected assignments were emailed to me. A full week of total immersion at Edu-inter (Super-Intensive program) and in Québec City boosted my confidence. I definitely plan on returning.

Studying French in beautiful Quebec

I spent two weeks in the super intensive program at Edu-Inter. The staff quickly assessed my rather unorthodox French language skills and assigned me to just the right level class. I enjoyed the academic work which was challenging and engaging. The other students were welcoming and helpful. I opted for the home stay option within a 30 minute walk of the school and that was perfect for me. My hostess was delightful and made lovely meals for me every day. I liked having the opportunity to speak French outside of class and over the weekends. Quebec is a lovely city to walk through and I was happy to have the opportunity to take different routes each day to school so I could get a sense of the city. I was a little nervous going to a school that I only knew through the Internet and living for two weeks with a complete stranger but it turned out to be an exceptional experience and truly worth the gamble. My only regret is that I could not stay longer.

Older adult at Edu-inter in Quebec

I am an older adult (semi-retired) and spent a week at Edu-inter learning French. The program is administered professionally and is excellent. I had a combination of didactic and semi-private conversational classes that were superb. My teacher was outstanding (Mme Lord) and was able to explain everything in French, even to a beginner like me! My stay with the host family was very good and my host treated me as a family member. He gave me a tour of the city and the bus system on the first day, so that I could take it to school every day. The bus system is a very efficient, easy, and not difficult at all. Quebec and the Quebecois are wonderful, kind and welcoming. It is one of the safest cities in the world. The best compliment that I can give, is that I plan to go back for another session at Edu-inter and continue to improve my knowledge of French.

• Facilities

Outstanding language school, far exceeding my expectations

I attended Edu-Inter’s Super-Intensive French program for 7 weeks. I started at level 3 (A1.1) and finished in level 7 (B2.2). I had only taken one semester of French before arrival. The teachers are excellent, but, more importantly, the staff members of Edu-Inter work with students to practice French outside of the classroom in dealing with day-to-day needs—a “French-only” policy is strictly enforced. Therefore, paying a bill become a learning situation using French with Keven, or discussing lodgings with Julie, running into Zorica in the elevator, chatting with Yan, Vanessa, Tommy, Guillaume, or even meeting previous instructors, in the hallways and staircases during breaks. This encourages students not just to learn French but to feel comfortable using it inside and outside of Edu-Inter. I am a Ph.D. candidate at Harvard University, and I need French to take literature courses in French. After my time at Edu-Inter, I have the confidence that I would not have been able to acquire in such a short time of language instruction; and this is what Edu-Inter means by “immersion”—feeling comfortable in the language. I would definitely return to study at Edu-Inter and recommend it to anyone interested in studying French. Be assured that before and during your time at Edu-Inter, the staff will work with you to accommodate any insecurities you may be feeling, especially at the beginning, as is normal in any language program. Tommy patiently exchanged nearly 40 emails with me answering questions and working with me to find the appropriate program and time frame for my studies. A very special thanks to all of the Edu-Inter instructors and staff for what I have accomplished, and a profound thank-you to Guillaume, the academic administrator, for his support throughout my time in the program.

• Facilities

La meilleure méthode pour prendre le francais

je suis tellement contente de prendre le français avec Edu-Inter, parce que, il est très nécessaire d'avoir toute l'immersion dans la langue qu'on doit apprendre et ici je l'ai obtenue. Et surtout, les activités qui se font en salle de classe, a l extérieur de l'école, ont fait que mon français soit très claire pour moi. De plus, l'environ est très beau, l'école n'est pas chère et le personnel avec qui on travaille sont des belles personnes.

J`ai vraiment aime

Desde que llegue me gusto mucho la escuela. Hay una gran variedad de personas, de todas las edades y de varios paises. Aprendi muchisimo. Estoy muy contenta de los resultados. no me arrepiento de haber venido. Hay varias actividades para hacer y todas muy buenas. Yo recomendaria hacer activadades fuera del colegio para tener mas contacto con la gente de aqui, pero fuera de eso me gusta mucho.

• Facilities

Realmente uma experiência Quebecois!

É a segunda vez que venho ao Québec para estudar francês e ter contato com a cultura quebecois, escolhi a Eduinter, pela boa acolhida, programa de aulas e atividades sempre muito interessantes e enriquecedoras.
O comprometimento do meu professor (Simon) em sempre esclarecer qualquer duvida e deixar o aprendizado de uma nova lingua mais facil foi surpreendente!
Progredi meu francês e consegui os resultados esperados. C'est super!

Una experencia increible!

El programa de estudios es muy eficaz. Despues de varios dias, empiezas a empaparte de la cultura, la experiencia, y finalmente; vives la misma lengua. me diverti muchisimo on las actividades de Edu-Inter y la convivencia con alumnos de otras partes del mundo, enriquecio mi sed de mundo.
Fue una experiencia inolvidable.

La Vie d'une Nouvelle Québécoise

Living in Quebec is like living in a completely different country, while still in Canada. The language, views, and lifestyle are all unique factors in making Quebec a destination for an experience of a lifetime. Edu-Inter helps aid in this experience with its structured program and well rounded activities. You will find yourself not only learning a new language here, but learning more about yourself. Edu-Inter gives that unconditional acceptance to help you do so.

Outstanding!

When I first arrived in Quebec City I instantly fell in love! Quebec City is very tourist friendly and the view is breathtaking. In my opinion Edu-Inter is a very effective program to learn french because they push you beyond your limits and at the same time you make lifetime friends from all over the world. My host family went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and comfortable. I will never forget the special memories I made with them. I recommend this 5 star program to anyone, you won't be disappointed!

Edu-inter

Edu-inter has provided me with a truly genuine French immersion experience. The school is very flexible with it`s acceptance of students every monday and it`s ability to cater to the specific needs of students in course offerings. I feel very lucky to have found the program, with my unique situation of bringing two of my young children here, to live with an excellent host family. After eight weeks of study I am ready to bring our family back together. I will be retourning home with a great boost in my french language skills and a 1 and a 2 year old who comprehend French, thanks to a local daycare that Edu-inter helped me find. Génial!!

Life changing

well, if you want a good course I highly recommend EDU-INTER in quebec. It's located in the 755 Grande Allee close to downtown and all sorts of atractions. I personaly picked the language up in about 4 months.

I loved my beginners class

had a blast in intermidiate

and dont get me started in advanced

the teachers are all awesome and great people believe me, you will not be disapointed, Edu-Inter is the option to go.

Mon expérience à Québec.

L'école est l'une des meilleures institutions ou j'ai étudié. La combinaison des classes et les activités qu'on fait dans les cours de conversation sont tellement efficaces.Les activités que les professeurs utilisent ont l'air d'être des taches simples mais, même si on joue seulement, toutes ces choses sont les petites répétitions dont on a besoin pour vraiment commencer a utiliser les sujets qu'on vient d'étudier chaque jour, et pour essayer de maîtriser une langue.

A dominican in Edu inter

Well, first of all, im from the Dominican Republic and went to college Merici to study french with the EDU INTER PROGRAM, but, i was not with the whole program of staying at home, its a great program, you learn a lot, you communicate with the teachers and theres a cool enviroment, not only the classes but the fieldtrips that you make, the people that you get to know, i highly recommend this program for any fellow latino, you have mejicanos, colombianos,uruguayos under the same roof, also you have people from Montreal that only speak english and they would like to learn some french.- Theres a lot of culture and art involved in Quebec, in my words, Quebec it is Europe for the poor hahaha, i recommend the gastronomy, the restaurants are lovely and with great dishes, edu inter opened my eyes to the world that is out there and if you take your french courses seriously, youll do great

Great Experience!

When we were looking for a French immersion program for our 15 year old son, we had trouble finding reviews for any programs and the few for the Edu-inter program in Quebec City were negative. We were nervous, but after corresponding with a representative of the program decided to go ahead. So glad we did! Our son spent two weeks at the program in July and had an amazing experience. He stayed on the campus and spent the morning in French class and in the afternoons participated in horseback riding for a week and multi-activity camp for a week. He loved every minute of the experience and really improved his French language skills. He had a fantastic French teacher and made many friends from around the world. Attending during the Quebec summer festival was terrific. He loved the horseback riding at the beautiful stables about 20 minutes from the school but found that most of the other students participated in the multi-activity program. The administration was great at communicating with us about the details. We would highly recommend the Edu-inter teen French immersion program.

A teacher's summer

Knowing I would have a more demanding teaching schedule in September, I began looking for French immersion programs in the winter. I came across Edu-Inter online and began to plan for a way to temporarily abandon my family to take classes and experience a homestay. I found both in July, 2017, in Quebec with Edu-Inter. The registration/application process was easy and I always received a prompt email response to all my initial questions. The program was well-organized and I had a wonderful experience in my "famille d'accueil", despite a longer-than-expected trip to school each day by bus (now I am an expert!). The C1 class was intense and I learned a lot (la spiritualité/la religion chez les Québecois, et le vin). The French for French Teachers course was also very useful. I have already used ideas from both classes and resources that I received, here in NJ (USA). I highly recommend this program to French teachers (new & experienced). Don't be scared of "le québecois" - you will adapt to the differences in language quickly. The optional afternoon/evening & weekend excursions were varied (changed each week) and interesting. Take advantage of the city & surrounding area! Overall, a great program. I am looking forward to going back.

Excellent French program

Fiona spent three weeks living with a host family, attending classes, playing tennis and getting to know Quebec City. She thoroughly enjoyed her stay, spoke only French and came away with a greater understanding of our neighbor to the north. Hats off to Edu-Inter for a well-run, engaging program!

French immersion in Quebec

This program was fantastic! I cannot say enough about the warmth, kindness and diligence of the staff and instructors. I was appropriately placed in my level (which many programs struggle with). The class focused on the 4 skills, culture and history. The instructors are flexible enough to allow for student activity and content suggestions. There is a program for everyone at every level with every interest and I appreciate the variety of options. They also have plenty of cultural activities scheduled after class every day so you get to know Quebec very well. This was my first time in Quebec and at Edu Inter and I would return in a heartbeat. The location is fantastic, only a beautiful walk to Old Quebec. Edu Inter cares about you, your learning and showing you what a beautiful area Quebec City is.

A Great Way to be Immersed in the French Language and Culture

My stay at Edu-Inter was above my expectations. The host family was very accommodating and provided a family atmosphere that encouraged conversation in French. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I will stay longer next time. The teaching methods encourage reading, writing and conversation.