Study Abroad at Curtin University
Curtin University Header Image Curtin University Header Image

Study Abroad at Curtin University

Australia spring 2016

Studying abroad at Curtin University in Perth Australia was probably the most exciting and rewarding thing I have done so far in my college career and even in my life. I miss it all the time and often wish I could have the ability to start again and this time stay longer. Classes were not all together too difficult, although most grades were made up of a mid term and a final or a big project and a final. This is very different from the US where I have piles of homework every night. I was able to learn a lot too since I did not have to put all my time into school. There is so much to see and do in and around Perth and it's absolutely incredible. Hopefully I get the chance to some day visit again.

Curtin University February - July 2016

Curtin University is a world class establishment. It excels in providing a culturally and academically excellent program. The administration is always looking to help. Instructors genuinely care for their students and provide the best education possible. There is always something to do whether it be through the Guild, the Study Abroad office, or through other various departments on campus. It is a great experience recommended for anyone looking to study in Australia.

Study abroad in curtin university: kalgoorlie campus

I have always wanted to travel to Australia, and I found the best way to fulfill my dream was to do a study abroad program. Studying mining engineering in my 3 year, I did not have much of a choice but to study at the Kalgoorlie campus. The town is medium-small sized with what most consider not much to do. However, I had the best time in this town. The people were so nice, most of the professors wanted you to succeed, and there were many opportunities to network and make connections with people in the industry. The Kalgoorlie campus has a lot of traditions behind it, and the time spent there is definitely what you make out of it. The only downside to studying on this campus is that all the activities Curtin University has for the students is at the Bentley campus. You can still participate in the activities on the Bentley campus and go on the trips planned for the international students; however, you have travel all the way to Perth in order to participate in the activities and trips.

Abroad in Perth

Curtin University offers a great curriculum and has intelligent professors. This program is geared towards an independent individual who does not mind meeting others solely or taking classes in a large setting with 100 students +. The living situation is very close to campus with clean flats and takes only a few minutes to walk to the buildings. I would recommend this program to someone who is outgoing and enjoys meeting many different types of people. All in all, the program could use slight improvements but it offers a great experience for living in Australia!