Global Internship & Volunteer Programs with Connect-123!
Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Global Internship & Volunteer Programs with Connect-123!

Cape Town- Legal Intern- Summer 2017

I came to South Africa, Cape Town more specifically, to have a direct vision of the reality of a country which underwent recent internal struggle. Being interested in political risk and emergency and conflict situations, I decided that a country like South Africa was the place for me to be in. I wanted to have an unbiased view of the everyday life of the population, their way of thinking and their interesting culture. Thanks to my Internship with 123 Connect, I managed to have exactly the insight I first aimed at, and more. For instance, I was able with my Internship to consult with people from various backgrounds about their human rights abuses and to help the planning of in-loco interventions in different locations aimed at, more generally, increasing awareness of human rights. This internship showed me that there are people who work hard to improve the lives of others and that the ignorance on the knowledge of human rights is still very present, which makes these jobs even more essential. I would have never imagined how much I would have ended up getting involved in all of it: the country, the culture, the people and the issues regarding human rights. This involvement was also helped by the side activities organized by 123 Connect with their impeccable organization and personal involvement, and by the events present in such a beautiful city full of history. For instance, if you ever have the chance don’t miss the lecture on South Africa’s history and culture at UCT, the Township Tour and the Mandela’s Day Walk for Freedom. Finally, the only negative point is the time length: two months is too short. This is why, if the opportunity presents itself again, I wouldn’t miss the chance of coming back here for longer.

Internship in Buenos Aires

My experience in Buenos Aires has been nothing short of incredible! Connect-123 set me up with a fantastic host family and a great internship at a non-profit, providing me with an experience that went far beyond that which I would have had simply as a tourist. My host family introduced me to just about every type of argentine cuisine, explained (or at least tried to explain!) argentine politics, and went out of their way to make me feel like part of the family. I also had a great experience at my internship, where everyone went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. My coworkers included me in all aspects of the non-profit, including numerous conferences where I got to listen to powerful argentine politicians discuss topics related to peace activism. Although the language barrier was challenging at first, with the help of two weeks of Spanish class, my host family, and my coworkers, my Spanish improved significantly. Of course, I also had plenty of time to travel around Buenos Aires as well as make a few trips outside of the city, making my three months abroad fly by!

I couldn’t be more thankful for all the work Connect-123 put into my stay, from the large task of finding me an internship to the small details of teaching me how to use the public transportation. If you are looking for a fun, immersive, and challenging internship experience, I highly recommend using Connect-123!

Life in Barcelona

As a recent college graduate looking to gain some international experience, and improve my Spanish, Connect 1-2-3 offered everything I was searching for. From day 1, Carolina prioritized my interests, and found the perfect internship. Interning in a finance and consulting firm, I had the opportunity to work in both English and Spanish, while assisting local startups with various aspects of the funding process. As for Barcelona, it speaks for itself. The culture, people, food, and of course the beach are all amazing. I will be forever grateful for this experience, and I owe much of that to Carolina and the team at Connect 1-2-3.

Internship

I really loved the three months I spent working as an intern at a film and media production studio in Barcelona. It was great getting to know everyone in the office and it provided me with the knowledge I’ll need to further pursue a place in the industry. Barcelona is also really a great city for excellent weather, remarkable culture, beautiful sights and fun and exciting people! There are definitely worse places to spend the summer gaining valuable work experience. As for the guys at Connect-123, I couldn’t have asked for better service from them. They provided me with all the support I could have needed so I didn’t feel alone and it was great to occasionally join them on the weekends for some interesting events in and around the city. You really are in safe hands with them as you’re their priority and I hope I’ll get to see them again in the future.

Connect

I was initially hesitant with the fee but it was well worth it. Interned at a hospital in Buenos Aires and had a great time. I got to see and do a lot at the hospital. The staff was very friendly and taught me a lot. I got to see many surgeries and sit in on office hours. It was an amazing opportunity for my pre-med tract. The program was very helpful and had fun activities to do. BA was a great and very fun city. There was always a lot to see and do. Argentina is a great country The people, culture, and sights are all amazing.

Best internship experience I have ever had

I spent three months interning with a social media agency in Barcelona, and I absolutely loved every minute of it! My internship experience fit exactly into my expectations, and I enjoyed meeting and working with all of my coworkers at the agency throughout the summer. It was the most educational internship I have had, and I know I've used the information and work skills that I learned over there frequently in my current job in the U.S. as well. Connect-123 understood my internship goals and found a perfect match for me at the agency, and I definitely learned a lot and took many memorable experiences home with me.

Not only was everything well organized, but the program was all very personal and friendly as well. Connect-123 offered helpful support if needed, as well as many recommendations for things to do to get to know the city. I especially think they did a great job of ensuring well-roundedness during the program through trying new things, cultural experiences, and meeting new friends. I have learned so much from this summer abroad, and if I have the opportunity to use the program again then I definitely will!

Buenos Aires Internship

My time in Buenos Aires was organized by Connect through my University and the experience overall was phenomenal. I had absolutely no problems or setbacks in my 12 weeks and every aspect of the trip exceeded any expectations that I had. My host family was incredibly accommodating and helpful in my language learning experience. My time in Vos, a language school in the city was great as a tool to learn more about Argentina and Buenos Aires and helped in my transition into a Spanish-speaking environment. My internship was a perfect match for my academic interests as well as my interests outside of school. And it was an opportunity to do actually useful and important work within an organization, which isn't something that's guaranteed when you do an internship domestically.

Summer in Shanghai

This summer I had the opportunity to intern in Shanghai, China, which provided me with one of the wildest summers I’ll ever have. I spent my time interning at a small consulting firm downtown in the city. There, I was provided with a range of tasks that not only had me testing my business savvy (like reviewing financial reports and projecting cash flows), but also had me learn a variety of new things including Chinese GAAP and Tax laws, regular business facilitations, and a whole lot of Mandarin. Prior to this, I had very little knowledge of the language which made adapting to life in China difficult at first. The challenge however, was one embraced and I have grown immensely not only in my knowledge but in the work environment and personally as well.
Connect-123 provided me with the chance to travel abroad and live in a large city, both of which were firsts for me. To this I am forever grateful because they allowed me to experience a whole new culture and lifestyle that I believe has made me a better person. Along with that, they were there with me every step of the way providing support whenever I needed it and checking in out of pure thoughtfulness.
This summer allowed me to go to places I never thought I would, meet some of the most kind and genuine people I ever will, and learn some things I never knew existed. I truly believe I have been made better off by this experience and it has distilled in me a desire to further study the culture and learn the language. I am grateful for the opportunity Connect-123 provided me and I hope to travel back to China again (if not for the amazing cuisine) to create many more fond memories. I’m excited for the future and what I’ll be able to accomplish having had this experience.

My Experience in Barcelona

From dealing with the culture shock to making lifelong friends, I would say I don´t regret my decision of choosing Barcelona. This city gave me an opportunity to learn more about myself and to grow both personally and professionally. The city has it all: Beautiful architecture, famous attractions, nightlife, and all different types of food! You will find people from all over the world, share different stories and be able to travel with them.
My best friend referred me to Connect 1-2-3, and they are there with you in every step of the way. From the first interview, they are able to get to know you and find the internship/volunteer program that best fits your interests. Connect 1-2-3 also offers their students meet-up events that allow us to make new friends with similar goals and common hobbies. This was my first time traveling to Europe and Connect 1-2-3- has made it so easy and comfortable, they are there for guidance and assistance whenever you need it. Thank you!

Daniela Silvas
California State University San Marcos
Digital Marketing Intern

3 Month Internship in Buenos Aires

My experience with my internship was amazing and a once in a lifetime opportunity. On the first day, my coworkers welcomed me with open arms, big smiles, and cookies with my name on them. Through my job I was able to become more confident in my Spanish and absolutely more fluent as well as improve my professional skills. I was always able to meet new people and develop new friendships in a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
Connect found me the perfect internship for my goals and my interests. It was there to support me when my experience was good and when it was rocky. It's important to know that not every aspect of your experience will be perfect all the time, but i those moments of turbulence Connect was there to help fix the problem and get you back on your way. The events were all very fun and the people you meet through connect are all truly amazing, diverse people. You will be happy you made the decision to trust in connect to make your experience a memorable one!