Global Internship & Volunteer Programs with Connect-123!
Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs participants doing a jump shot

Global Internship & Volunteer Programs with Connect-123!

A+ for Connect-123

My summer internship in Shanghai was an absolutely incredible experience and it would not have been possible without Connect-123! They were with me every step of the way to ensure that my summer abroad went as smoothly as possible. This being my first time outside of the U.S., Connect-123 put everything in place for me to enjoy my time in China. One of the great perks was having a local representative (shout out to to Alice, you’re the best!) to help you settle in as well as organizing events throughout the summer. Connect-123 set up trips to tourist sites, dinners, and even a Chinese cooking class! Finding me an internship on the other half of the world is amazing on its own, but Connect-123 is much, much more than that.

When looking for possible positions, Connect took into account all of my interests and let me decide what was best. I ended up taking a position at a local financial consulting firm that works with international companies. My role was to jump start their effort to gain more American clients who are operating, or want to operate, in China. As a part of my eight-week internship, I talked with a person at the US Consulate General in Shanghai and also attended a meeting with the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. In addition, I also interacted with the Australian and British Chambers in Shanghai to truly gain exposure to the world of international business. My internship gave me meaningful and important work that I enjoyed doing and I also felt that I was able to make a difference while I was there.

Outside of my internship, I was able to travel to eight different cities throughout China. While Shanghai and other large cities have a more westernized feel in some sections, seeing and participating in Chinese culture for an extended period of time is an experience I will never forget. I absolutely recommend Connect-123 to anyone interested in traveling or working internationally. You get the great combination of experiencing a new culture while also differentiating your resume. I cannot thank Connect-123 enough for their service and making my experience possible!

Irish I never had to leave

Spending my summer with Connect123 abroad in Ireland was incredibly rewarding. Not only was I able to make lifelong friends that I know I will keep in contact for years to come, but I also was able to learn and thrive in a different work environment, country, and culture where I grew truly independent and wish I never had to leave from. I miss working for Proxify and I miss living in Dublin. This is definitely something someone should try who wants to study abroad but can’t afford to miss a semester a school. Along with real work experience I was able to travel all over Ireland and get to know the country and its’ people like the back of my hand. I was also able to affordably travel outside or Ireland, and see more of Europe and what this part of the world has to offer. Connect123 has some amazing coordinators too. Nikki Madden for Ireland was nothing but genuine to all of us! She was also always the biggest help and friend whenever we needed it most. I can’t wait to plan my trip back to Ireland and revisit the country that gave me not only a once in a lifetime opportunity, but a love for a place other than my own home.

What an amazing summer!

Connect-123 was an incredible summer program. Not only did they arrange a research internship with Trinity College Dublin, the top university in Dublin, but they also provided fun opportunities to experience Ireland while socializing with other members of the program! My favorite excursion was definitely the visit to the Hills of Tara! The legends surrounding the place were amazing, the views were unparalleled, and I got to offer a marshmallow to a fairy tree in exchange for a wish. Altogether, it was a fantastic experience. I would highly recommend this program for any student wanting to spend time in Ireland!

Amazing time in Shanghai with Connect-123

My experience in Shanghai was absolutely amazing and life changing and I could not have done it without the great service provided by Connect-123. From the time that I applied to the time that I returned home, I always felt that I had the support of the supportive and helpful stuff of Connect-123. My internship site was a great match because I was able to help the company grow and improve by utilizing the skills I already had, while at the same, I was able to explore several areas that I never knew I would have liked. The environment at my company was supportive, fun, and flexible. This allowed me to have a better experience because I was given some guidance, while still having the independence to express and engage with my own ideas. I was also very happy with my accommodation because the location was great and the people living with me were friendly and welcoming. Finally, in terms of Shanghai, I believe I could not have made a better choice for my destination because Shanghai is a very dynamic, modern, accessible, and vibrant city. I learned so much during my time there and I look forward to visiting again someday.

Student doctor internship in Cape Town

From before we even arrived in Cape Town up until we left for the journey home, the Connect-123 staff was extremely accommodating, supportive, and communicable. I am sure that without the hard
working and knowledgeable staff we would not have had even half the experience during our month in Cape Town. They planned many excursions for us, taking a huge burden off us by contacting companies and setting up transportation and meals. In addition, they arranged beneficial experiences based on our professional interests and organized fulfilling community service days throughout our trip. One of the most impressive things about the Connect-123 staff is their genuine passion and care for all their students. They truly wanted us all to have the best trip possible and were always open to feedback on how they could make that happen. I would absolutely recommend Connect-123 to any student looking for a great experience in Cape Town!

My internship in Cape Town was truly amazing!

My internship in Cape Town was truly amazing! I worked at an Arts and Culture government organisation that is legally mandated to identify, protect and conserve heritage resources, of which, can be both intangible and tangible. My department was predominantly responsible for ensuring heritage resources are not altered in anyway but are preserved and passed on to future generations.

I visited various heritage sites and, as part of my outcome based tasks, produced site visit reports. I also responded to permit applications to alter protected sites; but my core project was to update my departments operational policy which was about 10 years old. Here I learned so much -and fast- about the department, the organisation and the country as a whole because I was engaging with a variety of documents. I am particularly happy that all my tasks, and policy update in particular, were an integral part of my department and therefore I contributed to the organisation in a meaningful way.

The balance between working indoors and outdoors was perfect particularly as the sites I visited are also tourist sites. However, all this was made so much easier because, outside of work, things were also really wonderful. I was also very happy with Connect-123's hospitality. From the many social activities like Vineyards Tour, Comedy Night, Braai -that they organised, to the simple tips on where to go exploring, they were always available! I enjoyed my internship so much, I decided to extend my stay until end of summer!

A.Williams

Internship in Buenos Aires

I spent an amazing 12 weeks living and interning in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Connect 123 placed me with a small NGO focused on promoting citizen security in Argentina, something that greatly interested me and had strong connections to my future plans. I felt right at home in the office and I know that the research that I did was incredibly useful to the organization. The connections that I made professionally are sure to help me greatly as I hope to return to Argentina to work in the future. Connect 123 also placed me with an amazing host family that helped me take huge strides in my comprehension and speaking of the Spanish language. All in all, I immensely improved my ability to speak Spanish, even after a short three months. This internship was incredible and the professional as well as personal growth that I achieved here is something that I could never have replicated elsewhere. I am so happy that I took this step and interned abroad because it has helped me change the way I look at the world and at my future goals. The only bad thing about this was that I had to leave so soon.

Proud to be a Porteño

Three months ago I got on the plane shaking. I had never left the United States before and I had never never left home for so far and for as long as I was about to do with my trip ahead. I had never lived in a big city. I had never left my comfort zone. Much of my family preferred that I go to Europe than South America. Indeed, I was shaking as I got on the plane. Three months later now I am a changed person. Buenos Aires is an incredible city with never-ending options of things to do and it's impossible to get bored. I've had more fun here the past three months that I had in my first 3 years of college! The best aspect of the city, however, is the people. Everyone I've met, from strangers that pass by on the streets, to the worker in an ice cream store next to my apartment, to other students from a local university, and obviously my host family, is always so friendly, caring, and accommodating. Connect 123 provided me with a perfect internship that mixed my career aspirations working in non-profits as well as my passion soccer, which is also the passion of the entire Argentine nation! Although I've studied Spanish for 7 or 8 years, I felt like my language knowledge had plateaued but now not only has my Spanish improved drastically but I will return to my university confusing all my professors as I speak to them like a porteño. I'm so sad to leave and I will most definitely return many times in my life. For the impact it has made on my personal growth, Buenos Aires, Argentina will forever have a special place in my heart.

Connect

I was initially hesitant with the fee but it was well worth it. Interned at a hospital in Buenos Aires and had a great time. I got to see and do a lot at the hospital. The staff was very friendly and taught me a lot. I got to see many surgeries and sit in on office hours. It was an amazing opportunity for my pre-med tract. The program was very helpful and had fun activities to do. BA was a great and very fun city. There was always a lot to see and do. Argentina is a great country The people, culture, and sights are all amazing.

Best internship experience I have ever had

I spent three months interning with a social media agency in Barcelona, and I absolutely loved every minute of it! My internship experience fit exactly into my expectations, and I enjoyed meeting and working with all of my coworkers at the agency throughout the summer. It was the most educational internship I have had, and I know I've used the information and work skills that I learned over there frequently in my current job in the U.S. as well. Connect-123 understood my internship goals and found a perfect match for me at the agency, and I definitely learned a lot and took many memorable experiences home with me.

Not only was everything well organized, but the program was all very personal and friendly as well. Connect-123 offered helpful support if needed, as well as many recommendations for things to do to get to know the city. I especially think they did a great job of ensuring well-roundedness during the program through trying new things, cultural experiences, and meeting new friends. I have learned so much from this summer abroad, and if I have the opportunity to use the program again then I definitely will!

Cape Town Child Life Internship

Spending a month in Cape Town has changed my life and reassured me that my career choice in Child Life is the right one for me. Connect-123 provided us with opportunities and information to build relationships in the community, in professional settings, and within the other Connect-123 interns. Cape Town is a beautiful country, from the spectacularly rigid surface of Table Mountain to the perfectly sweet children. Working at the children’s hospital taught me more than I ever thought possible about myself and intercultural communication. Many of the children I interacted with did not know a word of English but we were still able to interact and have fun, reinforcing a staple concept of Child Life: play is universal. I was provided with a number of opportunities to challenge myself as well as practice my strengths while working in the hospital. From coloring with the younger kids, to reading young adult novels to the middle schoolers, I was able to implement Child Life concepts into my work. It truly is remarkable what my internship director, my fellow program members, and Connect-123 packed into just 30 days. Strangers quickly turned into friends and adventure buddies, and staff became role models. This experience is one that will forever be written on my heart and I will forever be thankful for my jam-packed, yet short, month in Cape Town!

Mi querido Buenos Aires...

Having had the experience of studying abroad for four months in Spain, my unease for an adventure in Buenos Aires did not come from lacking language skills. Instead, I feared feeling lonely and out of place, both in the city and in the public hospital where I completed my internship. Truth be told, I did struggle at the beginning because the weather conditions were not short of depressing, which made it difficult to start exploring the city. Shortly after I started my internship, however, I met other program participants at social events and the hospital where I interned. During my time in this hospital, which focuses on care for mothers and children, I rotated among specialties such as obstetrics, pediatrics, and neonatology. The residents became my friends and the doctors took me under their wing, making sure that I understood the medical terminology and the procedures involved in patient treatment. My time in Buenos Aires was filled with close friendships, adventures in the city, and it concluded with a confirmation of my desire to pursue a career in medicine.

A dream come true

Traveling and interning in Buenos Aires has been a dream come true! In the future I wanted to work with or in a Latin American country and Connect-123 gave me the opportunity to achieve my goal! Connect-123 found me the perfect internship where i was able to grow and improve my professional skills. Also Connect-123 did a wonderful job to create a community where all of their participants get a chance to come together to explore the city and understand Argentine culture. Everyone here is super nice and extremely helpful and by the end of the trip you're going to feel like one big Connect family! Connect-123, thank you for this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity and ciao Buenos Aires!

Buenos Aires internship

My time in Buenos Aires was organized by Connect through my University and the experience overall was phenomenal. I had absolutely no problems or setbacks in my 12 weeks and every aspect of the trip exceeded any expectations that I had. My host family was incredibly accommodating and helpful in my language learning experience. My time in Vos, a language school in the city was great as a tool to learn more about Argentina and Buenos Aires and helped in my transition into a Spanish-speaking environment. My internship was a perfect match for my academic interests as well as my interests outside of school. And it was an opportunity to do actually useful and important work within an organization, which isn't something that's guaranteed when you do an internship domestically.

Summer in Shanghai

This summer I had the opportunity to intern in Shanghai, China, which provided me with one of the wildest summers I’ll ever have. I spent my time interning at a small consulting firm downtown in the city. There, I was provided with a range of tasks that not only had me testing my business savvy (like reviewing financial reports and projecting cash flows), but also had me learn a variety of new things including Chinese GAAP and Tax laws, regular business facilitations, and a whole lot of Mandarin. Prior to this, I had very little knowledge of the language which made adapting to life in China difficult at first. The challenge however, was one embraced and I have grown immensely not only in my knowledge but in the work environment and personally as well.
Connect-123 provided me with the chance to travel abroad and live in a large city, both of which were firsts for me. To this I am forever grateful because they allowed me to experience a whole new culture and lifestyle that I believe has made me a better person. Along with that, they were there with me every step of the way providing support whenever I needed it and checking in out of pure thoughtfulness.
This summer allowed me to go to places I never thought I would, meet some of the most kind and genuine people I ever will, and learn some things I never knew existed. I truly believe I have been made better off by this experience and it has distilled in me a desire to further study the culture and learn the language. I am grateful for the opportunity Connect-123 provided me and I hope to travel back to China again (if not for the amazing cuisine) to create many more fond memories. I’m excited for the future and what I’ll be able to accomplish having had this experience.

My Experience in Barcelona

From dealing with the culture shock to making lifelong friends, I would say I don´t regret my decision of choosing Barcelona. This city gave me an opportunity to learn more about myself and to grow both personally and professionally. The city has it all: Beautiful architecture, famous attractions, nightlife, and all different types of food! You will find people from all over the world, share different stories and be able to travel with them.
My best friend referred me to Connect 1-2-3, and they are there with you in every step of the way. From the first interview, they are able to get to know you and find the internship/volunteer program that best fits your interests. Connect 1-2-3 also offers their students meet-up events that allow us to make new friends with similar goals and common hobbies. This was my first time traveling to Europe and Connect 1-2-3- has made it so easy and comfortable, they are there for guidance and assistance whenever you need it. Thank you!

Daniela Silvas