CEA Study Abroad in the French Riviera, France
CEA Study Abroad Header Image CEA Study Abroad Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in the French Riviera, France

Fall semester in the French Riviera

I am a unique college student. I am a retired professional skier competing on the World Tour and a Traumatic Brain Injury (10 days in a coma) survivor.

If you asked me just last fall if I wanted to Study Abroad I would have said: "no, I'm too old, I just want to get my education over with and find a way to move on with my life."If you asked me now if it was a life-changing experience I would say yes. Last spring I made the decision to do the CEA program in the French Riviera. I decided because I realized how much I love different cultures and life experiences traveling abroad. I also chose CEA French Riviera because I love France, and CEA books your apartment. Do you know how hard it would be to book an apartment for Four months living abroad?

I realized how lucky it is to combine education with global adventures, but I didn't think it would be life-changing. Let's face it: I had already been 27 countries as a professional athlete in front of a national television camera. I thought I had already had experiences that couldn't be topped. Well, my experiences have been different, and I have loved them. I was living for months not weeks. I was taking the public bus to school, and experiencing the actual culture.

I want to build my career in communications (BtoB or BtoC) in marketing, sales, and advertising. My experiences this fall have shaped opportunities for my career success, and I have learned invaluable lessons about me as a person. The lessons I learned in this experience, both in the classroom and without were life changing and this Study Abroad experience will stay with me through life.

I would recommend the CEA Study Abroad program in the French Riviera to anyone.

I love CEA!

I had an amazing experience with CEA in the French Riviera! I am so so happy that I chose to study abroad with CEA. Everyone at CEA made this process so easy for me. From providing a travel voucher, to providing amazing housing and coordinating university classes, CEA is really there for you through every single step of study abroad. My CEA coordinator really helped me to feel comfortable in my new city by giving us tips and showing us where all the best places are. In my program we went on many day-trip excursions to discover the most beautiful places in the French Riviera - like Nice, Eze, Monaco, Saint-Paul de Vence, Grasse and many, many more!
Coming to France, I would have been lost without CEA and my phenomenal CEA coordinator. I am so glad that I chose to study abroad with CEA and don't regret a single thing!

CEA French Riviera

This study abroad experience is absolutley incredible, and does not get any less unbelievable as time goes on. I feel like I'm living a fairy tale, with my apartment just a 5 minute walk from the sea, and the backdrop of the alps all around. Antibes is beautiful, and we really got to appreciate the beauty of the whole of southern france with our leader Kristin's expert and kind guidance.

Good Immersion With Vibrant Party Life in Reach, Not So Much Academics

The French Riviera has very much to offer in terms of sights and and a social life, of this there is no doubt. Whether eating a fancy 2-hour long dinner with French friends or visiting one of the bars along the coast at pretty much any night of the week, you are bound to meet someone new and there is much potential to enjoy the location as a "vacation every day". However, this taste of French culture does not necessarily offer the best in academics in this reviewer's opinion, and if you are looking for a good place to find credits for school or challenge yourself, you may look elsewhere if you are not a Business major/minor. Although the program includes Business, Communications, and Liberal Arts, it is definitely fine-tuned for Business majors and does not leave much wiggle room otherwise. Regardless, still a wonderful experience and a great chance to test out French language knowledge and get a taste of French culture.

Studying in Paradise

Studying in the French Riviera was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The area is absolutely beautiful and by buying a simple train ticket you can see so much. You can go to class and then spend the rest of the day by the beach or exploring the nooks and crannies of the old town of Antibes. The excursions are interesting and a lot of fun. Its very nice to have must see destinations included in the cost of the program. In terms of academics, SKEMA's level is quite varied. Some classes are challenging while some classes are an absolute breeze. SKEMA is a bit of party school, they have big parties every week. You never have to worry about being bored in the French Riviera.

French Riviera Fall 2013

Life in Antibes is what you make of it, just like any other program.

This school is really designed for business students, so if you want challenging classes and interesting curriculum, that's what to study here. The liberal arts courses are easy, which gives you more freedom to travel, but they are a little unfulfilling.

The location is perfect - Antibes is ideally situated on the Côte d'Azure so that you can see Nice, Monaco, Provence, and lots more. Our program director takes us on frequent excursions (which are included, by the way) so that we can make the most of our location. Italy, Switzerland, and Spain are close by if you're looking for easy international travel, and there are always frequent flights to the UK as well.

The people here are really friendly and nice. If you're looking for full French immersion, I'm not sure this is exactly the place to do it, because the school is so international that there are people from all over, so the common language tends to be English. However, they are extremely welcoming to exchange students, and the students organize lots of social activities, so you're never without something to do.

Overall, this program is, like I said, what you make of it, but if you take advantage of all that is presented to you, I know you'll absolutely fall in love with Antibes and the Riviera.