CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy
CEA Header Image CEA Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy

Experience

Overall, great experience, there were too many students from one school, that should be limited as it was an interesting situation to meet new people and make friends. Not all of them were bad but did influence the experience in a way I was not expecting. Great not having class on Fridays and the staff was very welcoming and helping with any situation. What is expected for the curricular for test is a bit too much.

CEA Rome

I wish it was a bigger program. A lot of students from Arizona and Providence. A small building with only several classrooms. I met so many people and gained so much knowledge about different cultures. It was an overall good experience... but I am Very glad I took some classes at John Cabot. It was more diverse and cultural.

Great experience in Rome

This was a a great semester to experience Rome and other parts of Europe. This program had lots of course options for my major and the staff was very good. The apartments were in a great location near the Vatican and close walking distance to the school. I highly recommend this CEA program.

The best decision I ever made

Going to Rome was the best decision I ever made. CEA provides you with great housing, great teachers, and around the clock support during your study abroad experience. All the people who work there are incredible people. You won't want to leave trust me.

Great experience

I enjoyed studying in Rome through CEA. They had great activities planned for some weekends and things to do after classes too. The apartment was in a great area and close to school. My teachers made class fun and interesting. The option to take on-site classes gives students the opportunity to see more of Rome and actually see what we are learning about in class. Overall I enjoyed all of my time in Rome and would definitely recommend this program.

Rome, Italy study abroad

Great semester. Wish everyone hadn't been as separated as they were, but still fun. Only thing I would change is the strength of the wifi for personal laptops and phones. It was always slow and hard to get things done at certain points when there were alot of students connected to it.

Rome abroad

I had a great experience in Rome. Everything was great, I loved my professors and the on site classes. I felt like I saw so many hidden gems of Rome because our professors took us to such interesting places. My only complaint is that we had a lot of problems with our apartment, maintenance wise. I loved the location of my apartment though and my roommates.

Rome study abroad

Experience was great, although I would have liked to have had more opportunity to interact and meet Italian students. Not having this opportunity made it difficult to both learn the language and get as much cultural experience out of the program as possible.

Semester in Rome

CEA's location and housing was amazing! All of the faculty was really kind and caring. The courses were really cool with on site visits. The only downfall was there was not many options, but it is what to be expected with such a small program.

CEA Rome office is amazing

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Rome CEA employees! Each one performed their job perfectly and made Rome feel like home almost immediately. They were always willing to help and provide the necessary information. Every single one of them! Despite this, I did not appreciate the lack of information regarding the fact that most students in this program were from Providence College. I was under the impression this program would feature students from different universities across the US. Also, there could've been more opportunities to meet people hosted by the program (ex. more included weekend excursions). Additionally, the classes being offered did not accommodate my majors and I would've preferred more scheduling options. Overall, loved the program and enjoyed my experience with all of the CEA employees.

My Roman adventure

I have had the most amazing experience these past few months, and I am very grateful that I studied through CEA. Outside of the classroom I have learned more than I could have ever imagined, about the Italian culture and the other European countries I have been fortunate enough to visit. The entire staff and teaching staff at CEA has been very helpful with giving advice and teaching us about the culture here, and I thought all the trips we took with CEA were exceptional. I would absolutely recommend this program, as I can not think of one complaint I have had here since the beginning.

Never wanna leave

I love studying in Rome for the semester and CEA made it even more enjoyable. The program is small, which fosters a sense of community. The staff and teachers are always there to help and really care about their students. I was really impressed with the various events and trips CEA put on for us. These included welcome and farewell dinners, pasta making classes, and even a clay making class. We took a trip to Pompeii, Naples, and Capri. We also went to Florence and many other day trips were offered. The class schedule allowed me to travel and explore on the weekends. I enjoyed the classes I took, two of which included weekly site visits around Rome. I loved learning about all the history and seeing it firsthand. I definitely got to see a lot of Rome that way.

Rome if you want to!

Studying abroad is the best choice I have ever made. Studying abroad in Rome is the second best choice I have ever made. Rome is a central location filled with so much culture and history- you could live here for years and still not seeing everything!
Applying was simple and CEA was always there throughout the process to answer any questions I (or my mother..) had.
The CEA Rome Center definitely encouraged us to see as much as we could. They were always available for an in-person meeting (however, e-mail isn't as reliable). Everyone there really wanted to make sure we felt at home and learned the Roman way. They were all so enthusiastic to show us Rome and learn more about their students. They always asked to make sure they were doing everything they could to help us.
My classes were interesting- perhaps not as rigorous as my home university but definitely more interesting. Three out of my five courses (New Testament, Stoic Philosophy, and Art History) had amazing on-site classes on a weekly basis. My Italian class had monthly culture immersions. This was definitely a highlight of the program. Being able to be on-site almost every day of our Monday-Thursday class week enhanced the experience ten times.
I have no regrets choosing Rome and CEA!!!

Chance of a lifetime

Studying abroad is the chance of a lifetime. You get to travel the world while also learning new cultures and creating memories and experiences with people you will never forget.

CEA was super helpful with answering all my questions I had before going abroad. They were there every step of the way, which made me feel more comfortable about going somewhere I had never gone before. They make the application process simple and help you figure out which program is best for you.

I loved the staff at CEA Rome Center. They definitely made it feel like a home away from home. They were helpful, kind, understanding, and funny. Before I went on my weekend trips with friends, I would ask the staff if they had been where I was planning to go, because they usually knew cool local spots and places I wouldn't have thought to look for on my own.

I took interesting classes like Business Ethics in a Global Context, Cross-Cultural Management, Italian, and Social history of the Italian Mafia. The classes were small and hands-on, and I enjoyed both the professors and the things we learned about. It was a very cool learning environment that I will never forget!

I am so grateful that I studied abroad with CEA!

Great study abroad program

I've had a great semester abroad and enjoyed all the faculty and people I've met. I appreciate all the events CEA have hosted as well as the weekend trips. I also really like the apartment I've been assigned to. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad.

Great

I LOVED my abroad experience and CEA was a huge help with everything. I had a great living situation and a true cultural immersion. I wouldn't trade my abroad experience for the world. I thought the teachers were understanding and cared about me. All of my teachers even knew my name, which I am not used to considering the size of my university at home. I truly feel more well-rounded and independent after my abroad experience. I would recommend this program and this city (ROME) to anyone wanting to learn more about studying abroad.

Enjoyed

I really loved living in Rome and the administration. My only issue was that our room was not even close to what was expected or promised and could not even compare to the other apartments. It was obvious that the girls were given much nicer apartments than the boys

Loved it !!

I enjoyed seeing Europe and making new friends!! I was able to explore places I never thought I would. I will never forget this experience and the people I shared it with. CEA helped me GROW as a person!!!

CEA is bomb

CEA has been a great experience from meeting new people to learning tons of new things. I have met new friends with the students in the program along with the directors. Every professor here is so nice and helpful, I never want to go back to Providence. This program has made my abroad experience unforgettable and I cannot wait to share the memories I have made with family and friends back home. Thank you CEA.

Semester in Rome

I think the CEA program creates a very special atmosphere on Via Cicerone. The group of about 70 students intertwined and worked together all semester, creating relationships that made this study so special. The teachers, faculty, and assistants were all so helpful to the students and were always there if something was needed. I want to thank the CEA program for making my 4 months in Rome so special and unforgettable.

A great Rome experience

The CEA staff did a very good job with creating a community around the program. They offered a lot of activities and cool outings for everyone to go on. The staff were super friendly and always welcoming to any concerns we had.

Loved it !!

Life changing

Throughout this program I have become more independent, changed my perspective on the world outside the U.S and made connections with people that will last for life. The administration planned for and thoroughly supported their student through visits and friendship. I learned a lot about the Italian culture.

Best spring ever!

For my first study abroad experience, I was unsure as to what to expect. CEA went above and beyond to make every trip enjoyable. Staff was extremely informative both before and during the semester. Each trip that was coordinated, was an amazing experience. Choose CEA for an enjoyable and unforgettable semester.

Wouldn't trade it for the world

Through studying abroad, I learned not only so much about myself but also an immense amount about other cultures. I formed lasting relationships with people I probably never would have met had I not been here. This experience has given me a totally new outlook on my life.