CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy
CEA Study Abroad Header Image CEA Study Abroad Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy

A wonderful experience

Studying in Rome was absolutely incredible! There were so many great opportunities to learn about Italy and Europe. CEA provided a great program structure that allowed me to take classes at the CEA Center as well as John Cabot University. I loved meeting new people and learning how to call Rome home. I would highly recommend studying abroad with CEA in any country, especially Rome!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Juliana, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience studying abroad in Rome. Thank you and best of luck in your future adventures! - CEA

Study abroad

Loved the experience but the administration was uncommunicative and unhelpful I was utterly disappointed by that part. I enjoyed my classes but expectations varied and there were not enough study spaces. The cleaning lady in the apartment lied and did not stay for more than 20 minutes each time even though she logged an hour. I did not learn many things that I wish I knew until the very end and could have been easily communicated to me by the program.

• CEA responded to this review June 05, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Hi Lindsay. Thank you for providing these insights to your experience. We are disappointed to hear there were negative aspects of your time abroad. We’d like to learn more about that; please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad.com. - CEA

CEA Rome

Over all I had a great experience, but when it came to the administration of CEA, I felt it wasn't a college level experience. It felt a little bit like going back to high school where faculty doesn't enjoy their jobs and everything support wise and experience wise is limited. Financially as well things are very vague before actually committing and being in the program at your destination, but I guess thats just business right? Like I said I really enjoyed my time abroad and I love Italy, its just that the small program of CEA was a little disappointing in the two aspects I stated above.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:23 PM

Hi, Logan. Thanks for sharing your study abroad experience. We are glad you had a positive experience overall. Additionally, we are always looking for ways to improve our programs and appreciate your insight. We will utilize your feedback as we continue to evaluate and adapt our programming. - CEA

Great experience

CEA in Rome was an excellent program. Studying abroad in Rome was an unforgettable experience! I met some amazing people, ate some amazing food and did some unforgettable things. The culture in Rome is hard to match and I really enjoyed having it as my home base after traveling on the weekends.

• CEA responded to this review June 20, 2018 at 3:09 PM

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time studying abroad with us. Thanks for sharing your experience! - CEA

Tom Bibby Review

Studying here was an absolute dream. Everyone in the program was here to help, the only issue was our apartment was brutal. That wasn't Andrea's fault that was YPR's fault and Andrea was there to help us step by step. The teachers weren't the best but everything CEA did for us was awesome!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:25 PM

Hi, Tom. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed studying abroad in Rome and would like to speak with you further to find out how we can do better in the future. Please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad. - CEA

Spring 2018

These few months seemed to fly by while being full of experiences. It was difficult to process it all while it happened but I'm sure I'll reflect back on the experience this summer. I'm torn between wanting to go home and staying just a few more months, but this is an experience that I will never forget.

• CEA responded to this review June 05, 2018 at 10:51 AM

We can’t tell you how many times we hear this. Thrilled you enjoyed your time abroad. Connect with us on Facebook to share more about your experience. - CEA

Study Abroad CEA Business and Communication

The program was awesome. Classes are small sizes, teachers are great, the administration is very helpful. The small size of the center allows the administration to get to know the students and form relationships that are useful whenever you need any help. The school also orchestrates optional weekend trips that are included in the fees and are really fun. Would definitely recommend CEA in Rome.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:25 PM

We are so glad you enjoyed studying abroad with us in Rome. Thanks for sharing your experience Bryan! - CEA

A Semester I Will Never Forget

The semester I spent studying abroad in Rome with CEA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have met amazing people, learned so much about the Italian culture, eaten the best food in the world, and discovered more about myself in the process. I have made unforgettable memories with life long friends both in traveling to other countries and staying in the magical city that is Rome. If I had the opportunity, I would love to go abroad again.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:26 PM

Grace, what a captivating recap of your study abroad experience in Rome. Thanks for sharing and we hope you’ll stop in and say hello the next time you’re in Rome. - CEA

Tutte le strade portano a Roma

The CEA program here is Rome is one of the best out there. The staff here is very friendly and informative. I would recommend this program to family and friends. The excursions are fun and well thought out. In addition, Italy is the best country in the EU. Rome has much to offer. Don't wait, study abroad!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:27 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending studying abroad with CEA in Rome. Best of luck with your next adventure! - CEA

A study abroad community

CEA Rome excels as a study abroad program in so many ways. The class offerings are fairly diverse (and if they don’t have enough classes that interest you, you can always go part time to John Cabot University for more options), the cultural experiences and trips are fun and a good balance of free exploration and guided activities, the courses are designed to help you experience the city and Italian culture, the course load is created with the fact that you’re a study abroad student who wants to explore in mind. But aside from all of these excellent attributes, CEA Rome shines the most in the community they establish for the students. Every single member of the staff is friendly, inclusive, and genuinely wonderful. They are fantastic to talk to and make students want to come to the study abroad center even on days when we don’t have class because it is so genuinely nice to simply sit and talk with them. Of course, the entire staff is also helpful with finding restaurants and sites to see and excursions to go on, but this program really moved far beyond expectations in the environment the staff established. The program itself is strong and a good option from an objective standpoint, but then considering the staff that works at the center, CEA achieves absolute excellence.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:28 PM

Ryan, we are elated you had an amazing experience studying abroad with us in Rome. Our staff takes great pride in creating a holistic experience through immersion into the local culture and free exploration. Thank you for sharing! - CEA

Travel and Learning

This program gave me the opportunity to explore throughout Europe while learning both the language and the culture of Italy. Though CEA, I learned not only Italian, but I also learned about the theological background of the city of rome, the artistic history of Europe, and the modern events affecting this area of the world.

• CEA responded to this review June 05, 2018 at 10:52 AM

Gabe, we are so pleased you enjoyed studying abroad in Rome with CEA! If you have photos or stories you would like to share; please connect with us on Facebook or reach out to us directly at Marketing@ceaStudyAbroad.com. - CEA

Food, Friends, and Fun!

My experience while studying abroad with CEA in Rome was one to remember. The staff and facilities are excellent in making us students feel comfortable in an unfamiliar city. I would highly suggest this program!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:01 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience and recommending us, Lauren. Best of luck in your future endeavors. - CEA

In love with my second home

CEA study abroad gave me an opportunity to find my second home and second family. I was able to feel comfortable in a completely new environment and travel the world with best friends who used to be strangers!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:04 PM

An adventure a day, a lifetime of memories

CEA gave me an opportunity to expand my inner circle, try new experiences and expand past my comfort zone. The new and old friends I have made have shaped the way I look at the world around me. I can not wait to reunite with my second home, Rome, one day!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Experience

Overall, great experience, there were too many students from one school, that should be limited as it was an interesting situation to meet new people and make friends. Not all of them were bad but did influence the experience in a way I was not expecting. Great not having class on Fridays and the staff was very welcoming and helping with any situation. What is expected for the curricular for test is a bit too much.

CEA Rome

I wish it was a bigger program. A lot of students from Arizona and Providence. A small building with only several classrooms. I met so many people and gained so much knowledge about different cultures. It was an overall good experience... but I am Very glad I took some classes at John Cabot. It was more diverse and cultural.

Great experience in Rome

This was a a great semester to experience Rome and other parts of Europe. This program had lots of course options for my major and the staff was very good. The apartments were in a great location near the Vatican and close walking distance to the school. I highly recommend this CEA program.

The best decision I ever made

Going to Rome was the best decision I ever made. CEA provides you with great housing, great teachers, and around the clock support during your study abroad experience. All the people who work there are incredible people. You won't want to leave trust me.

Great experience

I enjoyed studying in Rome through CEA. They had great activities planned for some weekends and things to do after classes too. The apartment was in a great area and close to school. My teachers made class fun and interesting. The option to take on-site classes gives students the opportunity to see more of Rome and actually see what we are learning about in class. Overall I enjoyed all of my time in Rome and would definitely recommend this program.

Rome, Italy study abroad

Great semester. Wish everyone hadn't been as separated as they were, but still fun. Only thing I would change is the strength of the wifi for personal laptops and phones. It was always slow and hard to get things done at certain points when there were alot of students connected to it.

Rome abroad

I had a great experience in Rome. Everything was great, I loved my professors and the on site classes. I felt like I saw so many hidden gems of Rome because our professors took us to such interesting places. My only complaint is that we had a lot of problems with our apartment, maintenance wise. I loved the location of my apartment though and my roommates.

Rome study abroad

Experience was great, although I would have liked to have had more opportunity to interact and meet Italian students. Not having this opportunity made it difficult to both learn the language and get as much cultural experience out of the program as possible.

Semester in Rome

CEA's location and housing was amazing! All of the faculty was really kind and caring. The courses were really cool with on site visits. The only downfall was there was not many options, but it is what to be expected with such a small program.

CEA Rome office is amazing

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Rome CEA employees! Each one performed their job perfectly and made Rome feel like home almost immediately. They were always willing to help and provide the necessary information. Every single one of them! Despite this, I did not appreciate the lack of information regarding the fact that most students in this program were from Providence College. I was under the impression this program would feature students from different universities across the US. Also, there could've been more opportunities to meet people hosted by the program (ex. more included weekend excursions). Additionally, the classes being offered did not accommodate my majors and I would've preferred more scheduling options. Overall, loved the program and enjoyed my experience with all of the CEA employees.

My Roman adventure

I have had the most amazing experience these past few months, and I am very grateful that I studied through CEA. Outside of the classroom I have learned more than I could have ever imagined, about the Italian culture and the other European countries I have been fortunate enough to visit. The entire staff and teaching staff at CEA has been very helpful with giving advice and teaching us about the culture here, and I thought all the trips we took with CEA were exceptional. I would absolutely recommend this program, as I can not think of one complaint I have had here since the beginning.