CEA Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic
CEA Study Abroad Header Image CEA Study Abroad Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic

CEA photographer and student

I spent my time wandering around this incredibly beautiful city just photographing my experiences. I felt I learnt so much about this new culture and improved as a photographer. I was able to to travel more than I ever have before and push myself out of my comfort zone by trying to do something new every single day!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Way to step outside of your comfort zone to fully experience the city of Prague, Dan! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being a part of our MOJO program. - CEA

Amazing experience

Prague was an amazing city and CEA made sure my experience there was stress free, safe and fun. Pre-planning and arrival was a breeze and I absolutely loved my apartment which was located right next to Old Town. CEA gave us an orientation to show us the city and the AAU campus as well as to teach us some cultural tips to help our transition. They were always readily available and accommodating and the staff was incredibly friendly. They hosted weekly activities like rock climbing and running club, and also trips to places like the Prague Zoo. CEA also hosted longer trips to other parts of the Czech Republic which were some of my favorite trips. Prague is an amazing, beautiful city with an endless supply of fun things to do and amazing history to learn. CEA was a great program and I had an absolutely unforgettable experience.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM

We are so happy that you had an “unforgettable experience.” We agree, Prague is an amazing city! Thanks for sharing your story. - CEA

My abroad experience

I did enjoy my experience abroad as Prague is an amazing city and the perfect place to study for a semester. However, I did find that CEA did not meet my needs as expected. When I first signed up, I received little to no information prior to departure. I don't know if I was accidentally removed from their mailing list but I received nothing. It would have been helpful if an advisor had called to see if we had any last minute questions or concerns, but there was no personal assistance. When I arrived to Prague, my housing was awful. We had 5 people living in a 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom apartment. It is a tiny apartment and way to small for 5 people to live in. Hardly any of the amenities worked and the WiFi often just disconnected, to the point where we had to leave our apartment if we wanted to do work. The washing machine did not work and it took CEA until the last month of the program to replace it even though we told them about it when we moved in. The building was the same building as a hostel and felt extremely unsafe. I went into this study abroad program knowing a few people and I formed a bond with my roommates, but if that had not been the case I would have no means of making friends. CEA did not set up any sort of programs to help students to meet one another. I felt as if they had very few activities in relation to other programs my friends were on. There were very few excursions although many more were advertised on their website. The few excursions we went on were run really well, but based on the website I had expected there would be more. I had a great experience during my time abroad, but unfortunately I was very disappointed with CEA as a program. I hope in the future they can create better experiences for students.

• CEA responded to this review June 25, 2018 at 1:39 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we’re so glad to hear you enjoyed it overall! We are disappointed to hear you were less than satisfied with pre-departure and housing. We are reviewing the personalized advising communications you received in pre-departure, as well as the housing vendor’s response to issues you reported. Besides excursions, CEA Prague offers iMove sessions for students to meet each other and enjoy wellness activities, casual engagement opportunities at the CEA Center, and a newsletter with recommendations for free/low cost. We would like to speak with you further about your experience to find out how we can do better in the future. Please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad.com. - CEA

Great program, better city

I always felt that CEA provided me with exactly what I needed to be prepared for activities and classes in the Czech Republic. Staff was always willing to help with any issues we had with the apartment or academics. One thing I loved was the CEA iMove program which offered fitness options for students throughout the week! It helped me stay fit and active for free while I was abroad - no need to join a gym! CEA made my experience easy and enjoyable. Prague is such an amazing city to call home - there is no where else I would want to be! Whether you are looking for art, history, culture, architecture or good beer, Prague has it all & more. I would strongly urge everyone considering the abroad experience to DO IT! There is no better time than now to go out and experience all the world has to offer.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your study abroad experience in Prague. We’re glad you had such a good time that you recommend other students follow suit! Best of luck as you adjust back to life in the States. - CEA

Study with CEA

Had such a wonderful experience!! I LOVED Anglo-American University and the staff at CEA. They had extremely quick responses to all of my emails, extra suggestions for things, and great excursions included. Wouldn't trade my experience for any other!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Alex, we are so happy you had a wonderful experience and loved AAU. Thanks for sharing. - CEA

Incredible experience

My time spent interning in Prague, Czech Republic was nothing short of incredible. CEA was phenomenal at addressing any concerns I had leading up my departure, making me feel safe and secure during my time abroad with friendly on-site staff and easily accessible and open office and continuously following up since my return.

Through my professional internship and practical experience spending three straight months living outside my comfort zone, I grew immensely both professionally and personally. It was through experiences learning from my diverse work team, befriending global peers and engaging in cultural activities that I developed a desire to pursue an international law career.

It is because of CEA that I returned a confident, driven, culturally aware and appreciative young adult. I absolutely recommend CEA as a study abroad organization.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM

Paige, thank you so much for the glowing review. We are ecstatic you had such a rewarding experience and wish you the best of luck in your international law career. - CEA

Best Four Months, Best Support Staff!

Studying and interning abroad with CEA was the greatest decision of my college career. I returned from my four months with not only outstanding memories but professional and international experience on my resume. I loved having an internship abroad mainly because I had a mix of balance of time with fellow study abroad students and working closely with Czech and British coworkers. I left Prague stronger, confident, and more enthusiastic then I ever have been. Along every step in my study abroad process I felt completely taken care of by my CEA support team. They were truly dedicated and caring individuals.

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM

Hi, Katie, thanks for sharing your story. We are pleased you found our Prague internship abroad program rewarding. We hope you keep in touch with updates on your career. - CEA

Great time!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time abroad and CEA made it very easy to have my needs met and questions answered. The center was located very closely to school and the staff was very easily accessible and helpful. We had lots of fun excursions to go on and I liked that they gave us opportunities I wouldn't have originally thought of.

The Best Semester!

Studying abroad in Prague turned out to be the best decision of my life. Before going abroad it honestly wasn't on my radar, but after doing research Prague really had everything I wanted in a study abroad program: enough courses to transfer home, a city rich with history, very centrally located (within Europe) so travel was easy, GREAT exchange rate (I could go to the grocery store on $30. I definitely can't do that at home). And CEA's program with Anglo-American University was really the best fit for me, especially relating to my coursework. I also was able to get involved in campus life while I was abroad, I wrote and designed for the school's literary magazine. I now serve as an alumni ambassador for CEA, and I want everyone to be able to go to Prague! :)

Amazing experience

I was very very happy with how well CEA administered the program and I loved Prague as well. I came to know Prague as home a couple weeks into the program and I was very sad to leave. CEA was always there to help with any issues and provided all that the students needed to be successful in living and taking courses. I was very happy with the programs and functionalities associated with the program.

Loved my semester

I loved being in Prague for a semester this last spring. CEA was great before I left the US and helped me easily get me visa and paperwork settled. The apartment they set me up with was really nice but somewhat far from campus. Classes varied in difficulty but most teachers understood that the CEA students would be away traveling for the weekends. The classes all relied heavily on group work which was difficult to do when everyone is traveling. I visited over 13 countries and loved having the excursions.

CEA did was not the best at helping you meet other students when you first arrive. The orientation lasted three hours with only the people in your neighborhood. The only chance to meet new CEA students is in the excursions they offer. It's definitely a sink-or-swim situation instead of helping you get settled. But their office is always open and the host numerous things for students to do.

I loved how affordable the city was and overall had an amazing semester. I would always go back to Prague.

Greatest place to study

Being centrally located, it is very cheap to travel on the weekends. It has many amazing attractions in the Czech Republic as well. The people are quite friendly and the program directors are there for any concerns and needs you may come across from. I really enjoyed my time here and wished I could have stayed here longer.

I love CEA!

The Prague CEA staff are all about making your experience amazing! They have great facilities to help students including a computer lab (free printing), free gym sessions, free excursions, free rental of travel books and adapters. The staff is so friendly. When it comes to housing, they are 100% on your side when there are issues in your apt and the landlord.

I never want to leave

My experience in Prague with CEA has been greater than my wildest dreams! I have seriously not stopped smiling for the past four months and the fact that I have to go home in two weeks is absolutely heartbreaking. Prague is the most beautiful city in the entire world and I've gotten to live right in the heart of it. The architecture is picturesque, the views are unreal and the beer is cheap... actually everything in Prague is very inexpensive compared to prices in some other European cities. CEA provided me with a great apartment that is only a 5 minute walk from the Charles Bridge, and a ten minute walk to school. The staff at CEA have been so welcoming and friendly and are there to help us with any little thing we might need. The activities they plan for students have been so much fun and a great way to meet new people. I have never felt alone here because I know that the program staff are always there for me. I would very highly recommend this program to anyone and everyone!!

Best semester

This semester abroad in Prague has been indescribable. I could not imagine doing it without CEA. They were there for me before I even decided where or if I wanted to study abroad. CEA helped me prepare everything before I departed for Prague. Once arriving in Prague, they did not forget about me. We were given an introduction to academics, the city, social, traveling, and just about anything else. Throughout the trip they offer advice, free activities, and support. Going abroad can be a scary experience and CEA took a little worry out of it!

Prague-ably the best experience!

CEA made my time in Prague so much fun! The classes are relatively easy so you really have time to explore and immerse yourself in the Czech experience. They provide tons of free activities and trips (Cesky Krumluv, Kutna Hora, Krakow, Poland) that are really fun so be sure to take advantage of them! CEA gives you a public transportation pass so you don't have to worry about it. Check-in day was a breeze and the whole experience could not have gone any more smoothly!

My abroad experience in Prague

CEA did a great job with this program! We were able to do everything we could of wanted with beautiful housing, good academics and a lot of great activities and trips included. Prague is a beautiful city that I have truly learned to love and enjoy and one that I'll never want to leave.

Bombness!!

I give my overall experience a 9 out of 10. My experience has been better than my wildest dreams. I've seen the imaginable and adopted to a totally new environment. The CEA staff are always willing to help me no matter the circumstances. Coming abroad has by far been the best decision of my life.

definitely had Cultural Experiences Abroad

Traveling to Prague through the CEA was the best decision I have ever made, hands down. They were always there when I needed the (which was a lot more often than I would have liked). Long story short, one night my apartment was broken into in the middle of the night so I quickly called the CEA. They were over in minutes! They stayed with my roommates and myself until everything was sorted out and we felt better. The next day, they proceeded to help my apartment out in whatever way they could. I cannot express how great of an organization the CEA is. The CEA Prague team provided with me with some many extra opportunities throughout my stay which really enhanced my experience of Prague and beyond.

CEA is THE PROGRAM to Study Abroad with!

Where do I begin? Going abroad was truly one of the most breath taking chapters within my life's journey. Living in Prague for five months truly took my breath away in countless ways. From being submerged within the culture, to mingling and connecting with the locals, learning about the country's deep roots of history, to diving my taste buds within the delicious food all molded together a memory within me that I will never forget. Studying and traveling throughout Prague not only broadened my horizon but it enhanced my perspective amongst everything that I endured there as a person. It has been incredible being ale to apply the lessons, wisdom, and insight that I gained over in Europe and apply them within my everyday life. CEA is an ASTOUNDING program that helped plan and support me every step of the way. The on-site staff in Prague is so generous, selfless, and are there to help answer any questions you may have. I was able to not only pursue my degree here and travel amongst the beautiful corridors of Prague, but I also had the opportunity to travel through other countries in Europe as well. I HIGHLY recommend the program, CEA to study abroad with within this remarkable county that I long to be living back every day...

Amazing experience with CEA in Prague

Loved everything about Prague and CEA. Accommodations were more than ideal and staff were always happy to assist with anything. Absolutely recommend studying abroad in Prague with CEA!

BEST program in Prague!

I studied abroad twice in college and visited tons of of my friends studying abroad and I can honestly say that CEA Prague is one of the best run programs I have seen. The housing is AMAZING. All of the apartments were close to the center of town, and compared to my friends apartments in Barcelona and Paris the apartments are HUGE and so nice. Mine looked out right over the river and we had a balcony we could go sit on. You live with a bunch of the other CEA students, and the onsite staff does an amazing job of placing you with other students who share your same interests. My roomates became my best friends. The CEA staff is so great. Seriously, the nicest people and always willing to help you if you have a problem. You take classes at AAU and they are really intereteing but can also be challenging. You have to go to class and participate. They are also structured differently then american classes and are usually taught by foriegn or czech teachers. If you have a problem being taught by a foriegn teacher, or being taught in a different teaching style, then you shouldnt be studying abroad in the first place. Studying abroad is all about having new experiences and learning new things, and CEA does an amazing job giving you that opportunity. I am SO GLAD I went on this program, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Best experience of my entire life!

Prague was an amazing city with historical features around every corner. CEA made the transition into the country extremely easy, and was helpful whenever needed. They also had an office a block away from our campus that we could use computers or just hang out. CEA made my experience the best it possibly could be and offered several excursions that were extremely fun. It truly was the best 5 months of my life, and I would highly recommend this program to anyone!

Interesting classes with many different cultures represented

Very big and clean apartments with several students in the program.

Very helpful and always available to help out in any situation