CEA Study Abroad in Grenoble, France
CEA Study Abroad Header Image CEA Study Abroad Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Grenoble, France

More than business as usual

My experience in Grenoble, France with CEA was beyond special, in so many different ways. Going to uni at GEM with so many international students, with so many diverse goals and backgrounds was truly broadening for me. On the other side of things, the weekly meetings that I had with my CEA group, many of whom were doing the culture program at UGA, really cultivated a sense of closeness and friendship among the group that we had.
I got the chance to travel both with the CEA excursions, and my fellow GEM classmates. Being able to bond with other students in Paris, then being able to road-trip through the Cote d'Azur and experiment with local cuisine next, was one of my favorite parts of this program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone that's interested in having an incredible study abroad experience!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience studying abroad in Grenoble with us. The insights provided will be helpful to other students considering studying or interning abroad. - CEA

Grooving in Grenoble

I was sold on Grenoble because of it’s location, nestled in the French alps, close to Switzerland, and a quick train ride to Paris and other well-known French towns. The school, Grenoble Ecole de Management, is a triple-accredited school, making it one of the rare business schools in France to achieve such a prestigious ranking. I had no ties to Grenoble prior to studying abroad here, and that was my favorite part. I wanted to test myself by putting myself in a completely foreign environment and fully immerse myself in a new culture. The fear of it all has led to me to meet the most international, outspoken, creative, and extraordinary group of individuals. I wasn’t expecting to meet anyone from California, let alone America, and I am pleasantly surprised that almost exactly that has happened.

I fell in love with just about every aspect of life in Grenoble. Patrick was an amazing program advisor and took us on some of the best excursions around France. If you are lucky enough to go abroad and end up in Grenoble, take advantage of every experience you have there!

• CEA responded to this review June 19, 2018 at 2:24 PM

We’re glad you love Grenoble as much as we do! Thank you for sharing such a vivid picture of studying abroad in the capital of the Alps. - CEA

Go to Grenoble

The best decision I ever made was studying abroad in Grenoble, France for a year. It was the most exciting, enriching, and worthwhile experience of my life. Grenoble is a beautiful city in the French Alps that's small enough to experience the authentic French lifestyle but big enough to never be bored. If you love staying active and being in nature then this is the perfect place. The CEA program is exceptional providing helpful resources, quality staff, and makes the whole process easier. The program director in Grenoble is awesome, cares about the students, and is very knowledgeable about the French way of life. There are so many ways to immerse yourself in the culture through the multiple CEA excursions across France, weekly meetings where I always learned something new, and daily school life. I enjoyed both my homestay family and residence hall living arrangements and Grenoble is a very safe town. Overall, I could not say enough positive things about my time in Grenoble and I highly recommend this program to anyone.

If you're looking for a sign - this is it!

The summer of 2016 will forever be the most influential and pivotal point in my life. Grenoble, in a matter of DAYS, became the home my heart had tirelessly been searching for. The culture, the people, the food, the bars, the trams, trains, mountains and nature- the city provides everything you could want or need. There were times of course, when I grew homesick for my family, friends, boyfriend, and course, cats; but thanks to the WONDERFUL on sight adviser- Patrick Foley- I was able to learn how to trust myself, to believe in myself and grow. Patrick truly became more than a program adviser, he is a dearly loved friend and confidante. My last week in Grenoble, I had to go to the Emergency room for suspected appendicitis. I couldn't use my phone but my housemates called and informed Patrick that I was en route to the local ER. When I arrived at the hospital Patrick was already there with a hug and comforting words to help me get through that stressful time. I went into the hospital at 4pm and Patrick never left my side until I made it back to my apartment at 5am the next morning. That summer in Grenoble was the best time of my life, I learned so much about myself, about friendships and the bond of a community. If I haven't convinced you to travel to Grenoble and kick it with my boy Patrick then maybe you can go back with me because you can be sure that I will be making Grenoble my home as soon as I can.

It was a blast

My most memorable experience was a trip to Arles, France organized by CEA. The gorgeous city and monuments are one of my fondest memories.

I chose my program due to the flexible duration and availability.

My apartment provided was very comfortable and in a safe area. I shared the apartment with three other American girls. When we experienced electricity or internet problems, our program would send someone over to fix it immediately.

A life changing adventure

I had a blast in Grenoble, France studying the marvelous language and culture. Although I had to find locals to befriend on my own, the events and trips organized by CEA were truly amazing and life changing. Living was safe and comfortable, while the public transportation allowed easy travel around the city. CEA provided a knowledgable leader and I truly enjoyed his company. CEA takes care and embraces its students and truly gives them a life changing adventure.

I wish they selected a university that gave more class options.

Amazing apartment in a safe area was provided and the home stays were very nice.

Didn't offer many "meet and greet" locals events.

Patrick (our leader) was very fun and knowledgable.