CEA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain
CEA Header Image CEA Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain

My experience with CEA

I have really enjoyed my time studying with CEA in Barcelona. I am currently abroad for this semester (Spring 2018). The pre departure process was lengthy, but necessary. If I had any questions throughout the process there was always a CEA staff member willing to help me.

My time abroad has been great so far because of several reasons. I love my CEA classes and professors because of the small class sizes and hands on learning. It is a nice change of pace from my home university, where I am used to large class size lectures.

I love the added features that CEA offers for their students. A few weeks ago my roommates and I went on a hike up Montjuic, which is a mountain in Barcelona. A CEA guide led us up to the top and explained some of the history along the way. Little activities like this are offered every week with CEA. They are free of charge and so much fun.

Overall, my experience with CEA has been great and I am sad to see it come to an end!

Study abroad Barcelona

I had the most amazing semester in Barcelona thanks to CEA. The program staff was always available and helpful and the professors were knowledgeable and approachable. I was placed in a lovely apartment close to the program center, as well as many restaurants and shops, and CEA was able to accommodate all of my roommate requests. Overall I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to explore Barcelona!

My experience studying through CEA in Barcelona

I am studying in Barcelona through CEA this semester (Spring 2018) and it has been a life changing experience! The pre departure process was lengthy, but necessary. CEA was always there to answer any questions I had prior to arriving in Spain. The airport pickup was a really nice part about arriving in a foreign country. CEA staff met me the second I arrived at baggage claim and helped me to my apartment and got me settled.

My entire abroad experience with CEA has been great. I really enjoy the small class sizes, as this is much different from my home university. The work in my classes is really hands on and I feel like I have learned so much from my professors. The classes are discussion based, which is a nice change of pace for me. At home, I am used to lectures with little discussion. It is nice to actually learn the material in class and discuss it.

I love the added features that CEA provides. Every week I get emails about different opportunities for CEA students in Barcelona. A few weeks ago, my roommates and I went on a hike up Montjuic, which is a mountain in Barcelona. CEA organized this activity and provided a CEA staff member as a guide. We had lots of fun and got a pretty good workout in at the same time!

Also, I love the weekend trips we are able to go on through CEA. They have organized trips to a winery, Valencia, and Madrid. These trips are planned to the very last detail. We are given transportation, food, housing, tours, and much more on these trips. It is nice to have this all set up and it is also included in the CEA semester price!

Overall, I have loved my time studying with CEA and I am sad to see it come to an end soon!

Exploring Barcelona and the World

I do not have enough good things to say about my study abroad experience with CEA. The staff were helpful and welcoming, and I developed close relationships with many of my teachers. I learned more about myself and the world than I have learned in my previous two years at university combined (Don't get me wrong, I love my home university, but there is something truly special about learning in a new country). I discovered a renewed love of learning and appreciation for people of other cultures. My cross-cultural communication skills have increased exponentially, and this has enhanced my personal life in the United States. And, of course, it was also the most fun four months of my life!

Once in a lifetime experience!

Barcelona has the perfect mixture of culture, history, art, music, nightlife, museums, beaches and adventure. There’s always something to do. It’s pretty safe and the program itself is amazing. The staff is awesome and truly does an amazing job. They have you take a survey beforehand and house you with people who are similar to you. They did an amazing job and now I’m best friends and continue to travel the world with the girls they housed me with. Even the courses themselves are wonderful and they make sure to have you spend plenty of time immersed in the culture instead of just sitting in a classroom every single day. It was a life changing experience and I learned and grew so much. I highly recommend it!

Learning by doing

My study abroad experience with CEA has been incredible. I have learned so much about the culture of Barcelona from my classes and program activities. I stayed with a host family in order to be more immersed in the culture and I'm very glad that I chose this option. It allowed me to practice speaking Spanish and I believe my Spanish skills have greatly improved. I also really enjoyed my classes which allowed me to study artists such as Gaudi, Picasso, Miro, and Dali. My favorite part about the classes at CEA is that we did field studies which allowed us to study what we were learning by seeing the works in person rather than from a textbook. I feel that I have learned a lot from studying abroad in Barcelona and from traveling while abroad because I have a much greater understanding of other cultures.

Go abroad with CEA!!

f you have the opportunity to study abroad with CEA, take it! Studying abroad is one of the most influential and rewarding experiences and CEA provides all of the tools needed to have the best experience possible. The location of the school is right in the heart of the city, the staff is absolutely amazing, and the apartments have great locations. The school has a great support system if you ever need anything, and also provides numerous outside of the class activities if you are looking to meet new people or get out of your comfort zone. They also provide you with weekend trips, and one of my favorite trips with CEA was a weekend trip to Madrid. It was so well organized and was the perfect opportunity to get out of Barcelona for the weekend for almost no money at all. Nothing but great things to say about CEA!

Best Experience Ever

Studying abroad can be such a daunting experience, but CEA makes that transition so easy, effortless and extremely fun. The staff and professors are always accessible and helpful every step of the way, and they create such an inclusive community that truly feels like a family. Barcelona is a huge city, but the program takes you on several tours and provides you with the resources to take on the city like a local. Going abroad was my favorite experience throughout college, but it wouldn't have been nearly as incredible and life changing without CEA.

Home away from home

Coming to live in a new city is its hard but CEA made the transition so easy. Their staff wants to be like a family to you while you are there and you can ask them anything you want. The classes are so much fun and you get to meet people from all over the world and become close friends.

Home away from home

The CEA staff make it so easy as you transition into a new setting. They are always there when you need them and the staff is so friendly. The program headquarters in Barcelona is a nice, convenient hangout where you are able to meet so many new people!

Barcelona, Fall 2015

Choosing CEA as my Study Abroad providers was one of the best decisions I made along my study abroad process. The administration was very organized and easy to communicate with and ensured I had a good time while abroad. One of the best things about CEA is their focus on cultural assimilation throughout your time abroad. They truly do a wonderful job at connecting students with the country they are studying in through programs, excursions, and even the courses students take in country. I was opened up to many new cultural experiences that I don't think I would have sought out if I hadn't been abroad with CEA. Another huge benefit was the cost effectiveness of my program. Not only is Spain one of the cheerer parts of westernized Europe that a person can go to, but CEA was substantially cheaper than other programs offered through my university. CEA offers their own travel vouchers each semester too so it's easy for students interested in studying abroad to afford their trip.

A semester in Barca

Studying abroad in Barcelona with CEA was great. I was able to meet great people from the administration and staff members who were very helpful and friendly. I had the opportunity to stay with a host family and I do not regret it. I ate the typical dishes, talked in Spanish, and even learned a little bit of Catalan. My experience in Barcelona overall was one of a lifetime, and my advice is to be aware of your surroundings, save money for your expenses, and enjoy!

Absolutely Unforgettable and Incredible Experience

Barcelona with CEA was a trip I will never forget, and one that I wish I could relive every single day. CEA was incredibly prepared, helpful, and truly wanted its students to have the best time. From a pickup at the airport to planned excursions to helpful advise on places to go, CEA was always ready and willing to help with anything you could possibly need. If I could go back this moment, I absolutely would. If I could do my study abroad experience over again, I know that I would pick CEA in Barcelona again because I have never had a better time in my life!

The Best Semester of my Life

I couldn't be happier that I chose to go through CEA. My school didn't offer a Barcelona program so I was lucky that CEA did. It was almost 10 grand cheaper than my school, and the cost included my beautiful apartment that had a balcony overlooking the Sagrada Familia. I was able to take 5 business courses while abroad, all of which were easily transferred back to my home institution with no problems whatsoever. The staff was so helpful with getting me doctor and dentist appointments while I was there, setting up a room for me to have a Skype interview between my classes, and were always there to answer any questions I had. They offer day and weekend trips such as FCBarcelona games and trips to Madrid, you put your money down first when you sign up but then get it back later in the semester. I learned so much in my classes and our professors took us to some businesses in Barcelona to learn more about the business culture there. Barcelona is a great place to study abroad because it has the beach, amazing architecture, friendly locals, warm weather, and offers a lot for college students to do. It's an easy place to travel to and from also. CEA also gives you different housing options: residence halls, home stays and apartments. Going through CEA was the best decision I made and I wish I could do it all over again.

Fun!

It was really fun!

Great Program

It was a great program and I enjoyed it!

Couldn't have asked for more

Couldn't have asked for a better experience abroad, great times with great people!

Completely awesome!

CEA was awesome. They completely helped immersion and provided much help.

Buildings, Bulls, and Bedtimes!

Barcelona is an awesome city, there is always a new experience around every corner and Spain overall is amazing!

Learning how to become an adult through study abroad

I am getting better at Spanish and learning about the culture, but I am also getting to know myself and develop on another level that has never been available to me. Studying abroad and CEA is helping me mature as an adult and giving me cultural awareness to enhance my skills and perspectives as a professional in my career.

Everyone must go once

This is one of those experiences that everyone must do at least once! Study abroad. Any program you choose will be a great experience; but CEA is one of the best! The people are great and the opportunities and events are great.

Great!

It was a great experience!

Most

Most of the time, great program.

Amazing!

Amazing! Had a blast. If you are studying over summer do the two month program.

Barcelona Study Abroad

Barcelona has been the best study abroad experience. I have learned so much from the culture here and met some of the best people. I will be sad to leave, but know I will come back.