CEA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain
CEA Header Image CEA Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain

Once in a lifetime experience!

Barcelona has the perfect mixture of culture, history, art, music, nightlife, museums, beaches and adventure. There’s always something to do. It’s pretty safe and the program itself is amazing. The staff is awesome and truly does an amazing job. They have you take a survey beforehand and house you with people who are similar to you. They did an amazing job and now I’m best friends and continue to travel the world with the girls they housed me with. Even the courses themselves are wonderful and they make sure to have you spend plenty of time immersed in the culture instead of just sitting in a classroom every single day. It was a life changing experience and I learned and grew so much. I highly recommend it!

Learning by doing

My study abroad experience with CEA has been incredible. I have learned so much about the culture of Barcelona from my classes and program activities. I stayed with a host family in order to be more immersed in the culture and I'm very glad that I chose this option. It allowed me to practice speaking Spanish and I believe my Spanish skills have greatly improved. I also really enjoyed my classes which allowed me to study artists such as Gaudi, Picasso, Miro, and Dali. My favorite part about the classes at CEA is that we did field studies which allowed us to study what we were learning by seeing the works in person rather than from a textbook. I feel that I have learned a lot from studying abroad in Barcelona and from traveling while abroad because I have a much greater understanding of other cultures.

Go abroad with CEA!!

f you have the opportunity to study abroad with CEA, take it! Studying abroad is one of the most influential and rewarding experiences and CEA provides all of the tools needed to have the best experience possible. The location of the school is right in the heart of the city, the staff is absolutely amazing, and the apartments have great locations. The school has a great support system if you ever need anything, and also provides numerous outside of the class activities if you are looking to meet new people or get out of your comfort zone. They also provide you with weekend trips, and one of my favorite trips with CEA was a weekend trip to Madrid. It was so well organized and was the perfect opportunity to get out of Barcelona for the weekend for almost no money at all. Nothing but great things to say about CEA!

Best Experience Ever

Studying abroad can be such a daunting experience, but CEA makes that transition so easy, effortless and extremely fun. The staff and professors are always accessible and helpful every step of the way, and they create such an inclusive community that truly feels like a family. Barcelona is a huge city, but the program takes you on several tours and provides you with the resources to take on the city like a local. Going abroad was my favorite experience throughout college, but it wouldn't have been nearly as incredible and life changing without CEA.

Home away from home

Coming to live in a new city is its hard but CEA made the transition so easy. Their staff wants to be like a family to you while you are there and you can ask them anything you want. The classes are so much fun and you get to meet people from all over the world and become close friends.

Home away from home

The CEA staff make it so easy as you transition into a new setting. They are always there when you need them and the staff is so friendly. The program headquarters in Barcelona is a nice, convenient hangout where you are able to meet so many new people!

Barcelona, Fall 2015

Choosing CEA as my Study Abroad providers was one of the best decisions I made along my study abroad process. The administration was very organized and easy to communicate with and ensured I had a good time while abroad. One of the best things about CEA is their focus on cultural assimilation throughout your time abroad. They truly do a wonderful job at connecting students with the country they are studying in through programs, excursions, and even the courses students take in country. I was opened up to many new cultural experiences that I don't think I would have sought out if I hadn't been abroad with CEA. Another huge benefit was the cost effectiveness of my program. Not only is Spain one of the cheerer parts of westernized Europe that a person can go to, but CEA was substantially cheaper than other programs offered through my university. CEA offers their own travel vouchers each semester too so it's easy for students interested in studying abroad to afford their trip.

A semester in Barca

Studying abroad in Barcelona with CEA was great. I was able to meet great people from the administration and staff members who were very helpful and friendly. I had the opportunity to stay with a host family and I do not regret it. I ate the typical dishes, talked in Spanish, and even learned a little bit of Catalan. My experience in Barcelona overall was one of a lifetime, and my advice is to be aware of your surroundings, save money for your expenses, and enjoy!

Absolutely Unforgettable and Incredible Experience

Barcelona with CEA was a trip I will never forget, and one that I wish I could relive every single day. CEA was incredibly prepared, helpful, and truly wanted its students to have the best time. From a pickup at the airport to planned excursions to helpful advise on places to go, CEA was always ready and willing to help with anything you could possibly need. If I could go back this moment, I absolutely would. If I could do my study abroad experience over again, I know that I would pick CEA in Barcelona again because I have never had a better time in my life!

The Best Semester of my Life

I couldn't be happier that I chose to go through CEA. My school didn't offer a Barcelona program so I was lucky that CEA did. It was almost 10 grand cheaper than my school, and the cost included my beautiful apartment that had a balcony overlooking the Sagrada Familia. I was able to take 5 business courses while abroad, all of which were easily transferred back to my home institution with no problems whatsoever. The staff was so helpful with getting me doctor and dentist appointments while I was there, setting up a room for me to have a Skype interview between my classes, and were always there to answer any questions I had. They offer day and weekend trips such as FCBarcelona games and trips to Madrid, you put your money down first when you sign up but then get it back later in the semester. I learned so much in my classes and our professors took us to some businesses in Barcelona to learn more about the business culture there. Barcelona is a great place to study abroad because it has the beach, amazing architecture, friendly locals, warm weather, and offers a lot for college students to do. It's an easy place to travel to and from also. CEA also gives you different housing options: residence halls, home stays and apartments. Going through CEA was the best decision I made and I wish I could do it all over again.

Fun!

It was really fun!

Great Program

It was a great program and I enjoyed it!

Couldn't have asked for more

Couldn't have asked for a better experience abroad, great times with great people!

Completely awesome!

CEA was awesome. They completely helped immersion and provided much help.

Buildings, Bulls, and Bedtimes!

Barcelona is an awesome city, there is always a new experience around every corner and Spain overall is amazing!

Learning how to become an adult through study abroad

I am getting better at Spanish and learning about the culture, but I am also getting to know myself and develop on another level that has never been available to me. Studying abroad and CEA is helping me mature as an adult and giving me cultural awareness to enhance my skills and perspectives as a professional in my career.

Everyone must go once

This is one of those experiences that everyone must do at least once! Study abroad. Any program you choose will be a great experience; but CEA is one of the best! The people are great and the opportunities and events are great.

Great!

It was a great experience!

Most

Most of the time, great program.

Amazing!

Amazing! Had a blast. If you are studying over summer do the two month program.

Barcelona Study Abroad

Barcelona has been the best study abroad experience. I have learned so much from the culture here and met some of the best people. I will be sad to leave, but know I will come back.

My Barcelona experience

I have enjoyed my time here in Barcelona and CEA. The administration is very nice and helpful and I have made a lot of good friends through CEA.

Amazing

Amazing experience!

Good experience abroad

Met awesome people that I lived with and shared interests with. My ability to speak Spanish increased greatly. However I felt like the program held my hand through the experience which had its pros and cons. The academics were more demanding than expected.

Great time in Barcelona!

I came, I saw, I conquered. Great time in Barcelona!