Summer Camp Counselor in Europe
Camp Europe Header Image Camp Europe Header Image

Summer Camp Counselor in Europe

Camp counselor

The ratings are difficult to give due to it being extremely special. Days are hard but rewarding and of course you mainly sleep in tents because it is a camp. But these really don't matter because the whole atmosphere is so great. You can even see the founder of the organization often around the camp, that's how close knit everything is! I made some great friends and learned so much about kids and how to work with them.

Best Camp Ever!

I spent last summer laughing, hiking, meeting people from all around the world and spending time with the amazing campers. I was nervous at first because it was my first time visiting Europe but the coordinators are great at communicating with you before camp.What I find impressive is the number of camps located everywhere in Europe. It's a great opportunity to travel to different parts of Germany and different countries around Europe all while being supported by the staff. The camp is also very accommodating when it comes to food options. The chef is talented and hilarious and makes vegan dishes every day. I completely fell in love with camp which is why I'll be coming back this summer :)

Best summer ever

I am from the United States, but the online application, interview, onboarding, and trainings were all very organized. Because of the planning ahead of time, I was able to go to my assigned summer camp location feeling nervous but prepared and supported by the other staff! I had so much fun because I felt prepared and stress free allowing me to focus on connecting with the kids rather than focusing on procedures.

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

Camp counselor

I loved working at Camp Europe; it is an experience that I will never forget. I live in American and because of this program, I was able to live and work in Europe while also having time between job placements to travel. I have also made some amazing friends from around the world. The training session is very rigorous but fun! The placement team was amazing at listening to my wants and matching me with job placements, I always felt heard and supported. I highly recommend Camp Europe.

Walsrode and regen

Although very stressful at times, I really enjoyed my time here. I met a lot of cool people from around the world and would come back. the days were long and it was a lot of hard work with little to no break but it was worth it. I worked as an English language coach. I had signed up to be one but I actually had more fun just being a regular camp counselor. The camp food is very good but for me was repetitive. If I hadn't already been given a full time job this summer I would have definitely gone back.

The best summer ever!

This was the first time I had ever considered doing anything that involved travelling alone and staying away from home in a foreign country for a long time and I am so glad I chose Camp Europe to do it with! As a first time traveller I was understandably nervous but the people and the environment were so helpful and supportive that all my fears washed away. I had the best time working with Camp Europe and I am definitely doing it again next season!

7 years and counting...

In 2010, google led me to Camp Europe while searching for a new adventure for my summer holidays. I was a little apprehensive since I didnt speak any German, but it all worked out fine - besides - as I found out very quickly, you can communicate anything with a little help from your hands and feet!!

I enjoyed the few weeks I spent at camp so much, that I have more or less spent my whole summer living in a forest every year since! I have worked in Camps in Ireland, Germany and the UK, and I have now lost count of how many camp sessions I have done over the last 7 summers!!

Working at Camp Adventure has taught me a lot, not only about myself, but life skills as well:
Leadership;
Teamwork skills;
Communication and its importance;
How to get out of my comfort zone and push myself to try new things;
Problem solving with creative solution;
To be spontaneous, creative and sometimes a little crazy (because we all need a little bit of crazy in our lives);
and MOST IMPORTANTLY... how to dance like no one is watching and not care!

It is very difficult to try and summarise the experience you get - it is pretty unique.
You get to meet people from all across the planet.
You make new friends, who see you at your best and worst - and get it!!
You share your meals everyday with people from dozens of different countries.
You dance. You sing. You make up a new sport and teach it to 30 kids!
You spend your days surrounded by staff and kids with so much energy, you cant help but be full of energy too- even when you are exhausted.
You can do sports, arts & crafts, teach, run your own program, cook and have a huge waterfight all in one day.
You get to go hiking and sleep under the stars!!

The days are long, the work is hard at times, but the people make it the most unforgettable experience you could ask for!!

You work hard and play hard - but where else would you get to:
spend your morning on the beach,
your afternoon hanging out in the trees on a Highropes course,
your evenings exploring the forest and
end your day around the fire with friends?

I can't wait to see what the 2017 season has in store!!!

Amazing and life-changing time

I spent a summer at Camp Adventure in 2015 and it truly changed my life and inspired me to commence my Masters in Education (Primary Teaching) when I got home to Australia. I made so many amazing friends from all over the world and have already visited friends from camp in Spain, Ireland, England and California. I made life long friends at camp. The camp itself was an extremely fun time, we have a lot of freedom with planning the activities (I was an English coach) and it taught me a lot about behaviour management and keeping kids engaged - which has helped me with my teaching courses back home. I hope to spend another summer at camp in the next few years :)

My experience in Camp Europe

The program itself is great, but the administration and senior staff could be unorganized and that made some important situations stressful. I would 100% do this program again! Just be prepared to move sites on short notice and be open to supreme schedule flexibility. Everyone I encountered was extraordinarily friendly and I made lifelong friends through the program. If you're an adventurous human being by nature, this program is for you.

How to experience an awesome summer in Europe

Camp Europe is definitely something you should have done in your life! I can't think of doing something else during my summer holidays anymore. I don't want to miss a single camp summer anymore! You get to know people from all over the world, you work with them day and night and you don't get mad of camp because it's such an amazing atmosphere. It's awesome to see kids and teamers from so many different nations working, playing and learning together from each other in the middle of nowhere in a forest in Bavaria. It never gets boring, there are always frogs to catch or fires to light. You can teach kids so many things but you can also learn from them.
It's just an amazing combination of working with kids and getting to know the other teamers at during work but also at night at the campfire.
Camp even inspired me to study for being a teacher in a few years because I enjoyed the work with the kids so much.
But to get to know camp, you have to try it yourself!

Camp Europe 2016

Camp is rewarding in many facets, but the two that stand out to me are challenging yourself in a new and somewhat intimidating environment (a foreign country looking after strangers' children), and meeting many like-minded international people (and Germans, of course, who are very welcoming).

Logistically, a lot of details were subject to change quickly and at the last minute, but this also allowed for a valuable flexibility that I think is wholly beneficial. Some who crave absolute adherence to structure were left a little stressed from what I could tell, though.

My review

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Camp Europe. The training is a lot of fun and it is enjoyable working with like minded and multicultural people. I would recommend doing the summer camps. It is hard work BT is rewarding.

More than just a summer holiday

I have worked with camp europe for the past three summers. The way the camps are run gives you so much freedom to how you run the programme so there is lots of room for creativity. My favourite thing about camp europe is the people you meet. You get the opportunity to live and work with people from all over the world who you get very close with them very quickly. Every year I have travelled after camp with new teamers I have met that year. I am currently travelling in Canada with people I met at camp and staying with people I met at camp. There is always a couch to sleep on from fellows teamers anywhere you go in the world.

Amazing experience

Being a camp counselor here was a great experience. Hard work, but I met a ton of amazing people from all over the world. I would definitely come back and recommend it to anyone. The days are long hours and hard work but in the end it is worth it.

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

Best choice I've made

I've been a camp counselor twice and still want to come back next summer. It somehow makes you addictive. For several reasons I must say. You get to know people from almost all over the world, you experience a life without digital devices, you see happy faces every day (and night), you get to know children from different social levels, you can learn from more mature people as well as from children, if you don´t have English as your mother tongue you will improve your English or other second languages, you get an insight of different cultural traditions, you improve your organizing skills, etc. I definitely would recommend you Camp Europe if you like to spend the summer with crazy people and children in the nature.

Worth a try!

This was the highlight of my summer vacation. Learned a lot, had fun and met many awesome new friends. Highly recommended for those who love taking care of children, sports, outdoor adventures and going camping.

Magical time in a magical surrounding

This was my 6th year with Camp Europe. I wouldn't spend my whole summer in camp, if it wouldn't be an amazing experience. While friends go on holidays or traveling together, I asked myself every time I go into the forest: "Why am I going to work the whole summer again?" But then, as soon as I get picked up at the train station and switch my brain into the english language, the camp spirit comes over me and I know the answer: cause summer with Camp Europe means loads of fun, campfire every night, great new (and old) friendships with people from all over the world and at least one surprise every day.
Even after some summers with CE, I am still not used to wake up early, but the atmosphere in camp keeps you going day for day. There will be moments where you are full of energy and happiness, but there are as well those moments, where you wish to be at the other end of the world or just out of camp.. but my experience showed me, that, however you feel, you are more than welcome to just be yourself in camp. And what makes me really happy to see every year is, that counselors make great friendships and have "reunions" even after weeks somewhere over the world.
Camp with all the good and bad points is definitely a time in my year, I do not want to miss.

An amazing summer

I have been to camp for two years now and both times I had the best time of my life. I have met so many great people and learned so much in my time here.

It starts with a great training program, which has over 100 different people from over 20 different countries, who you end up making great friends with and takes away the awkward get to know you phase when camp officially starts.

I have been to camps in Ireland, Neuburg, Josofen and Bitburg and they all offer different and amazing things to learn such a high ropes, canoeing and kayaking, dancing, sports and a lot more. A lot of the things I have done here I only learned for the first time at camp as well and to get to pass this on to the campers is great as well.

I highly recommend this program to everyone who is enthusiastic as it will be the best time of your life and you will learn so much and meet some new amazing people.

Best summer experience

Camp Europe was a great summer experience, and I'm looking forward to coming back next year. This was a great opportunity to work with children in a variety of capacities, from a huge range of backgrounds. Not only did I have the opportunity to teach them English, they in turn taught me so much about their cultures and languages. I loved the opportunity to engage with the other counselors as well, collaborating with our different experiences and cultures as well. Although a bit disorganized, it provides a great opportunity for independence, improvisation, and thinking and planning on the spot.

German summer

If you enjoy kids and being outdoors, join Camp Europe. It's exhausting but rewarding. You'll meet people you'll love and push yourself farther than you thought possible. It's an experience you'll never forget.

Amazing experience

Would highly recommend working with Camp Europe- truly amazing summer in Bitburg! I had the opportunity to work both with the English language camp and the Adventure Camp program. In addition to a great work experience, I met some truly wonderful friends and coworkers.

Wonderful time!

I had a really great overall experience and made some really great friends! Sometimes organisation could have been better and things could've been cleaner (in regards to the kitchen) but overall I had a wonderful time!

Euro-summer

Well, the summer experience started fantastically. I landed in Amsterdam, 3 days later took the train to Berlin where I enjoyed of so many great museums and such an upbeat nightlife, and later went to beautiful Hamburg to finish off with my pre-placement traveling.
Next, i showed up at the training where i met people from 23 different countries, all of them looking for sort of the same experience: spending the summer months working at a natural environment, doing fun activities and performing as a role model for children and youth. Those 10 days were pretty intense and quite exhausting, but really worth-while, as we got to learn a lot from all the different workshops, and from sharing and listening to everyone's experiences and backgrounds.
When I started my placement as a Language coach, i was starting to feel comfortable and bonding with my campers, when I sadly got a bad news from home, and had no option to leave the program and support my family in such bad moments. The senior staff at camp were very understanding of my personal situation and helped me out in every aspect.
It was very sad I had to cut short my placement and travels. Nonetheless, I am confident I will get a chance to go back next year.

Really great overall

I really loved camp! I was admittedly kind of terrified when I got there though. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. But it was a great experience in the end. I would definitely do it again.

A marvelous summer time in Europe

I was really looking forward to take part in this program, mainly due to the fact that it perfectly combines my 3 biggest passions> Traveling, Nature, and Teaching. I am a grade 5 Canadian Teacher who enjoys having 2 month off during the summer, and normally spend the month of July at my family's cottage in Northern ontario (surrounded by nothing more than lakes and forest) and the month of August I embark towards a different world destination. Well, last summer, I got to do the 2 months, working with children, in a natural environment, at a very international atmosphere camp in Europe. Spent 4 weeks there as a Language coach at 2 different campsites (Ireland and Germany) and 4 more weeks traveling around in the company of great friends I met there during training and throughout my placement. Long story short, all aspects of my summer adventure went beyond my expectations.