ArtBound Initiative - Art & Design Internships in Berlin
ArtBound Initiative  Header Image ArtBound Initiative  Header Image

ArtBound Initiative - Art & Design Internships in Berlin

ArtBound Initiative internship in Berlin

The experience was amazing from start to finish. From the coaching process and finding an artist to be placed with to finding an apartment. Everyone at ArtBound made it that much easier to make the transition to Germany and also provided a ton of support once I was there from helping me to find my way around the city to setting me up with studio visits to giving me the scoop on what was happening in the city. It was truly an experience that changed my life and ArtBound helped with that in every way!

Independent experience

Loved every minute, what a great way to learn about what it's like to be a full time artist. Spending two months assisting Erik Schmidt was a real eye opener into what it's like to be an artist and the industry. Art Bound was so great setting it all up and teaching me vital information. The Skype sessions within ABI prepared me for what was to come and made me aware of things that I didn't realise were important in my art practice. Berlin is a stunning city an easy place for a half way home! Loved it

Berlin is where you want to be!

Did a 2 month internship in an art foundation in Berlin this fall. This city is the most amazing place, it's cheap, easy going, it's underground. ArtBound's staff was great, gave us recommendations about events to go to where I saw mostly locals, I felt like an insider. We visited artists in their studio which was really cool, I kept in touch with one of them! My only regret was that 2 month felt a bit short, I think if I had to do it again, I would do the 3 month internship program to get a longer training and enjoy the city more.

THE internship program if you're in the arts!

ArtBound got me a great internship in a theater producing office in NYC in the fall. Having an internship for a Broadway producer was a dream come true for me! My ArtBound's advisor, who used to be a theater producer, gave me advices before I started and also during my time at the office when I had any issues or questions. I highly recommend this program for anyone who's interested in having a work experience in Theater or in the performing arts in NYC. Also, just being in New York for three months was THE best!

Built a great network through ArtBound!

ArtBound found me an 3 month internship with a gallery in Berlin last summer. My supervisors were awesome and we stayed in touch and I met really cool artists. ArtBound's advisors took the time to get to know my personality better before suggesting this internship and it was right on! I asked to stay in my own place so they found me a studio in Kreuzberg. They organized studio visits of cool artists and a gallery tour during my stay. Miss Berlin!

AWESOME PROGRAM!

I had the best time in Berlin working for a contemporary art gallery for 2 months. The ArtBound team is so cool and dynamic, had always the coolest recommendations for places to go and events, they made me feel like I was a real Berliner and not a tourist. The gallery I worked at was super welcoming and took the time to teach me the job of gallery assistant. I stayed in a private room in a shared apartment with a cool Berliner, which also helped me a lot to make friends there. Now I want to move to Berlin so bad!

Contemporary art magazine internship- Berlin, Germany

The Artbound team helped me tailor my resume and feel more confident about going out into the work force. It also helped give me contacts and experience in the contemporary art world. The Artbound team helped me feel comfortable when I was in Berlin by setting up my housing and providing information about metro tickets, health insurance, etc. The team set up a couple of events where I got to meet with curators and artists based in Berlin. I also had a lot of free time to either travel or go to events in Berlin on the weekends.

I worked with a company called Bpigs. The people I worked with were really friendly and welcoming. I was able to learn a lot about the administrative side of the contemporary art world as well as the ins and outs of publishing an online magazine. Overall, the Artbound Initiative program provided an exciting and fun learning experience for me this summer, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going into a creative field.