AIFS Study Abroad in Paris, CCFS: Semester or Year
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Study Abroad in Paris, CCFS: Semester or Year

The most amazing experience of my life

Studying abroad in France was nothing less than the most amazing and liberating experience of my life. Living abroad can open your mind to incredible new experiences and introduce you to some incredible people. Your tastes and desires may shift, but everything will improve. Every facet of my life is happier and more fulfilling since I studied abroad, and my connections at home have suffered very little, even after I moved abroad again. This is a life worth living. With the exception of my close friends at home who are sick of hearing about it, most people are really impressed when I tell them I have lived in France, and the worldly experience I gained there continues to help me in my current life, as it will in the future.

Great program

Yes I'd recommend it. It was amazing. Great program.

C'est La Vie..

I am beyond thrilled that I had this experience. I was able to fully immerse myself in learning french while studying in the heart of Paris. I made lifelong friends, and developed a relationship with my homestay family. This experience increased my desire to travel and learn more about foreign countries and their people. I truly hope that everyone will have the same experiences that I have had.

The Best Bang for Your Buck

This program was the best choice for my pocket, a reality that comes with its own pros and cons. I loved that the airfare and housing was included in my program costs. It took a lot of the hassle out of planning, and helped me to be able to focus on other things. I also loved that the program offered great classes that I could take at one of the best schools in France. I took a whopping 18 credits while overseas, all of which transferred to my degree. The courses were in both French and English, and they were culturally and linguistically enriching. I loved my professors and the school itself is a wonderful resource for international students. AIFS also did a great job of allowing students to get a balance of both guided and independent experiences. They hold your hand through the first weeks of school, but allow you to be independent as well if you choose. My housing, which they selected and procured for me, was in a great location. My only caution for students planning to participate in this program is that they make sure to take every chance to act as individuals and meet other local people. The unfortunate reality for most American students abroad is that they don't leave the comfort of their social groups, and AIFS's insulated cultural and social activities can sometimes cater to this comfort instead encouraging or facilitating experiences with local people. I ultimately enjoyed my experience, and would definitely encourage students to go abroad with AIFS, especially if they want to have a simple, comfortable and easy experience.