AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UPF: Semester or Year
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UPF: Semester or Year

One of the best, and most life-changing experiences!

I was originally on the fence about studying abroad, I have never been that far away from my family or friends for that long of a time... also I was the first of any of my friends or family to ever study abroad so I had no idea what to expect... with this being my final days here in Barcelona I can say that studying abroad was one of the best, and most life-changing experiences, and I am so happy I decided to do it.

AIFS was such a terrific and well-organized program, all the staff was extremly nice, understanding and accomedating, and they made my transition from the States to Barcelona an easy one. I am so happy I decided to study abroad with this program and would most defenitly reccomend it to anyone!

My time at UPF was okay, the classes and grading system was a lot different than in the United States, and made some of time and courses there difficult. I still tried my hardest but I did not do as well as I expected... regaurdless I still feel like I learned a lot. Not just regarding academics, but more so about myself.

This was a huge growing up experience, I learned more about myself in these past four months than I ever thought I would, and although I did not pass some of courses, the knowledge and lessons I did learn made up for it.

I am so happy that I made this decision, and I hope to one day return to Barcelona again.

AIFS and UPF: made for each other

Had a great time with AIFS in Barcelona. The course offerings by UPF were pretty immersive and gave me another perspective on academics. AIFS took care of everything from the first day I got here to the last. Very friendly and helpful staffs and lots of immersive cultural trips throughout. Prepare for the memorable moments of your lives.

Life in Barcelona

AIFS in Barcelona has really friendly staff that are always available to help. The city of Barcelona is amazing with many things for students to do, either cultural activities during the day or nighlife, you will never be bored. My Campus, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, is really nice with many facilities and organizations you can join and everyone is very friendly. Would recommend learning some Spanish if you're in Spain as locals always appreciate you trying, even if you dont need it as almost everyone knows English. In general, this was a great experience through AIFS, will come back to visit Barcelona in the future.

Barcelona experience

Overall, my experience in Barcelona was excellent! This is a wonderful city to choose as it offers endless cultural experiences to take part in and many amazing sites to see. I met great people in Barcelona, in and out of the program. The school I studied at, UPF, was excellent. The professors were informative and passionate and there were many interesting classes to choose from. I would highly recommend choosing Barcelona when studying abroad!

Semester in Barcelona

I had a wonderful time in Barcelona. The city is beautiful, the classes were challenging yet easy to follow. The nightlife is great, I learned how to dance, and ate incredible food. The food here is truly special, and there are so many different types. I tried numerous seafood paellas, and none of them were disappointing. There are so many places to travel, and so many amazing cities a short flight away. Even though travelling was so fun, it was great to be able to return home to Barcelona.

Study abroad

This was a great experience, everyone was super helpful and knowledgable about everything in Barcelona. I liked all the activities offered, I wish I would´ve gone to more but I was traveling a lot of weekends. My classes were good, especially my Spanish class, my teacher was amazing. Excursions were great, I felt like Inma and Ana always handled everything so well with transportation and whatnot. I felt secure and informed always, which was super nice.

When you go from a tourist to a local

Going into studying abroad I was not expecting much. The only thing I knew was that I was terrified. My first two weeks in Barcelona were some of the scariest and most frustrating weeks of my life because I was experiencing so many knew things and I was so far out of my comfort zone. After these two weeks past though this scary thing turned into the most amazing experience of my life. Everyday in Barcelona was amazing. As a person I have grown so much and learned so much about myself. After my first semester here I knew that this couldn't´t be the end and ended up extending for another semester. I greatly recommend studying abroad to everyone it is a life-changing experience and you are making memories that will last a last time every single day! Barcelona has truly become my second home!

Challenging but worth it

The university that I attended was challenging but well worth it. The school taught very interesting subjects that were very applicable to the real world. The culture was a little harder to adjust to than I originally thought but you will get used to it. After you adjust, you encounter many new people and learn more than just in the classroom. It is an experience I would recommend to anyone that wants to travel.

The importance of an open mind

It´s incredibly to remember that when living abroad, you´re going to experience different cultures, attitudes and ways of doing things. You should always keep an open mind and be willing to try new experiences. Don´t just stick to what´s familiar to you. You won´t learn anything new or be able to grow as a person and in my opinion, those are the two most important aspects of learning abroad.

Exciting

had a great time here, met a lot of people. the city is very exciting and there are so many new things to try. aifs was very helpful in getting me situated in the city and making me feel at home. upf was an excellent school and i feel that i learned a lot in the classes that i took as well. overall i would definitely recommend this program and this school to other people looking to study abroad. barcelona itself is also a fascinating city with so many things to explore i still didnt manage to see everything before leaving.

Barcelona spring 2018

This experience was like no other. I had the time of my life and got to explore the world. The staff was amazing and so helpful. I am so glad i chose this program! Barcelona is an amazing city and i highly recommend it to everyone. The courses in UPF were challenging but have helped me very much. I cant wait to take this all back home and share my experiences.

Very immersive!

I was able to feel like a local with less than three months! Learned so much and made friends for a lifetime. I stayed in a homestay and got a real taste of local culture from food, language, and way of life.

An experience I will always remember

Studying abroad is an awesome experience that I think everyone should take if they are given the opportunity to. Especially studying in Europe, it is very easy and cheap to travel to other countries. Getting to experience different types of cultures and atmospheres makes you wiser as person and I fell in love with Barcelona and will for sure come back in the future.

Abroad forever

This experience abroad was a life-changing experience! I was emerged into a new culture and had to find ways to adapt. I have gained confidence in myself and have made life-long friends. I wish my time here could be longer, I have loved every second.

Awesome

I loved my experience abroad it was awesome! This program really helped me get adjusted and offered so many fun activities and opportunities to meet new people. I really enjoyed my time abroad it was an experience i will never forget!

A semester in Barca

I absolutely loved my semester abroad in Barcelona! I could not have asked for anything else. It was educational beyond just academics. I am so so glad I chose to study in Barcelona and with AIFS. They made sure we were able to experience the greatest parts of the culture and that our transition was going smoothly. They were incredibly friendly and enjoyable, I will miss it dearly!

January-April in Barcelona

I had a quality experience in Barcelona over my spring term. I was able to interact with the community and travel around Europe most weekends. The workload was more than I expected, as the group project could get difficult and obnoxious. Additionally, the final exams of the courses were much harder than what you would expect as the instructors do not fully prepare you for them. It is also challenging to live so close to people in such a cramped apartment and bedroom. However, I was able to meet new people and have experiences I would never dream of having before I even signed up for the trip.

Life changing experience

Studying abroad has been one of the best decisions I have made thus far. It really changes your perspective on everything and being away from home for this long has made me grown as a person. The food and experiencing the new culture is one of the highlights of being here. It was also convenient that I was able travel throughout Europe for a lot cheaper than from back home. I am going to miss Barcelona and will make an attempt later in life to revisit.

Barcelona

Had a great time, ate some good food, met awesome people. Would loved to be here longer, but program was very short. My university was harder than others and I would have liked to have known that before, I would have went somewhere else.

Study abroad Barcelona

this trip was very fun and interesting and i met new and cool people and got to experience the culture with them. i saw things i never would have expected and i met locals who also taught me a little catalan which was really neat.

Life in Spain

I had a great time. The program directors were always willing to help and achieve whatever needed to be done. The school was difficult but very good for my academics and will look very good on my resume. I loved the culture. The people, the food, and the lifestyle were very enriching to partake in.

Amazing!

I had such a great semester at AIFS. They truly made the experience a memorable one, and I am so happy I did the program through them. It was incredible! The staff was so helpful, the people were so nice and the school was challenging but so worth it. You make lifelong friends and learn so many things outside of school. The cultural immersion you face is amazing, and gives you completely different outlooks on life.

The best time abroad

I had the best time abroad. I am so grateful for AIFS because I learned so much and I got to travel which was something that I had dreamed of doing forever. Barcelona the city was amazing and I had a great time exploring and learning more about Spain. For the most part my professors were amazing and understood that although we are students we still wanted to experience Europe and they allowed us to. All in all, it was a great time.

Krista Kaufmann review

I think that this was a great program to participate in, and would highly recommend it to other people! Fun activities, nice living quarters, and friendly staff. Also. the classes were very reasonable and not stressful, so they let us really experience Barcelona and Europe. Last- I LOVED the Morocco trip. Thanks!

New and exciting

Everything I did was new to me and it was awesome. I loved getting to know everyone in the office and in the program! I really liked UPF and the classes that I was in. All the students were really nice and welcoming.