Live With and Teach English to a Family in France
ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image

Live With and Teach English to a Family in France

Purposeful travelling all the way!!

My experience with Aliore was great! The family placement met my expectations, were relatable and kind. Communication and information from Aliore was very efficient. It was definitely an economic way of travelling while getting the best of a country. The flexibility offered by the program ensures that you do your role and get a cultural exchange at same time. Based on my experience of 4 weeks, i sure would recommend Aliore.

I would do it again in a heartbeat

This was hands down the best experience of my life. I was placed with a family near Paris, not in the south, so I was able to visit Paris as much as I wanted. My family is incredible. They made me feel so welcome in their home and included me in their family like one of their own. I was already fluent in French before coming, but this solidified my knowledge of day-to-day vocabulary you can really only learn by living in France. Some days we only spoke English. Others we only spoke French. Each day was different but I can see improvements in their English and my French! I cooked American food for them and they made French dishes. All in all, the experience is what you make of it. You can go out every day or spend your whole day in your room when you're not explicitly doing lessons, but in the end you will never have as good of an experience as you can if you immerse yourself in the culture and spend as much time with your family as possible, like I did. I gained so much out of this program, I would participate again in a heartbeat.

Tarbes 2016!

I feel truly fortunate to have had the most wonderful experience experiencing French life , family, friends and culture with a truly kind host! I found the experience remarkable and would love to do it all again in the year ahead if I am able which says it all regarding my expereince of the programme!

• ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops responded to this review December 30, 2016 at 3:13 AM

Thank you Andre! It was also great to meet you in Montpellier! I have many more great hostfamilies who would be so happy to welcome someone positive like you! We'll keep in touch! Bye, Soizick

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

With Aliore, I spent 4 weeks on the Mediterranean Coast with the most incredible family! I couldn't have gotten a better family. They made me feel so welcome and we'd do so many things together as family outings. They even went out of their way to make me feel more comfortable like when they realized that I really strongly dislike seafood (I tried to hide it but I guess it was a bit noticeable) and they subtly stopped cooking so much seafood for the rest of the 4 weeks which is one of those little things that just make an experience so much more enjoyable. The area was absolutely stunning and there was so much to do and see! I felt completely welcome and safe in the area and even strangers in the city couldn't have been more kind. I was able to use the volunteer hours to fulfill my university requirement since Aliore is a nonprofit, and for my university I was even able to use the 4 weeks as study abroad credit. As well as improve my french while I was there! There isn't one thing I would change about the experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Excellent time in Montpellier

The language assistant program with ALIORE was an amazing experience. It allowed me to delve into southern french culture while offering lessons in my own native language in exchange. The family I was placed with was a perfect match and living in the downtown core was incredible. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone in search of a long and meaningful vacation!

Teaching English Abroad

I had the time of my life while in Paris, thanks to Aliore and its director Soizick who gave me the best customer experience I have ever had. If I had any questions or needed support she was always there to assist me; first she carefully selected a host family for me and made sure I was OK all along, a big THANK YOU to her!

Since everything was well taken care of by Aliore, I didnt have to worry about anything else and just concentrate in learning French, which happened to be the main purpose of my trip. I was able to go from 30% to 70%.

I would definitely recommend this program over any similar program! Traveling, learning a new language and living abroad is such a great experience, I would recommend everyone to do this at least once in their life time.

A once in a lifetime experience!

I had such a glorious month with a terrific and caring French family. I would highly recommend this program. It is affordable and well organized. They work hard to accommodate your needs and requests. It was so fun helping others perfect their English whilst I practiced my French. We are now lifelong friends! How can you beat that?

Teaching English in France

I stayed with a family on the immediate outskirts of old Montpellier. My family were very welcoming and I was invited to participate in all their activities. As a result I met a very varied group of interesting locals and managed to gain an insight into everyday French life. I taught both a teenager and adult so very varied levels of English ability. Taking a variety of resources as conversation starters with you is useful. It is challenging living in someone else's space for four weeks. It is essential to try and develop a good rapport with the family before arriving to try and make sure you will be compatible and that your expectations are the same. This experience certainly gets you beyond the usual travel experience!

Teaching french in the alps

I taught English in Haute-Savoie, which was a very eye-opening and positive experience. My host family was fun, generous and welcoming, they treated me as one of the family and included me in family outings and day-to-day activities. I very happy that the parents made a special attempt to introduce me to local culture (skiing, local and regional French cuisine, sights in the region etc.)

I improved my knowledge of French incredibly, mostly in terms of speaking, listening and everyday words and jargon. The children (early to mid teens) were reluctant to sit down and study English however when speaking English with them in everyday and family life they were always eager to 'show off' and join in, strengthening their skills. The most difficult times were when no one was home during the weekdays, usually I would travel into town or nearby areas to explore/see sights. Also I found in my area there wasn't much opportunity to meet people my age (early 20s).