OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

SAI Programs :: Florence University of the Arts Certificates

Location

Italy

Description

At Florence University of the Arts and the affiliated Apicius School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality, SAI offers Career Certificate Programs for students seeking to develop new skills and knowledge while building professional experience in an international learning environment.

Career Certificate Programs may be taken for one session, one year or two years. Each year is comprised of two sessions, with pre-set “core classes”.

Students receive US credit for Certificate Programs through the University of South Florida.

Highlights

Certificate Programs may be taken from one semester to one or two years. Each year is comprised of two semesters, with pre-set "core classes" and weekend intensive seminars. All programs devote a portion of each term to the development of a professional portfolio.

10 Overall Experience

I loved studying abroad in Florence

I loved studying abroad in Florence, I just wish I was here longer than three weeks!!

Florence was great!

Florence was great! Small city so it isn't super overwhelming. Easy to find your way. Daniela at FUA is awesome!

Florence Rocks!

Florence rocks!

9 Overall Experience

oh the places you go

I figured I would only be abroad very few times in my lifetime and I wanted to make sure I got the most out of my experience. I traveled somewhere every single weekend, mostly throughout Italy, but 3 times to different countries. I am very happy with what I got to see and even had some unexpected places I went to. The only downside to traveling every weekend is that I did not really get to experience Florence as much and see everything to see there. SAI helped out more in the beginning and became harder to get a hold of as the semester went on but for the most part they were very helpful. What I liked about them was that they provided free excursions throughout the semester. My favorite one was Milan/Lake Como trip which was a weekend trip and they provided the hotel, some meals, transportation, and we even got to see "The Last Supper" and did not find that out till we were about to go in and see it. The school FUA was a decent school. The library and computer labs could have been accessible more hours during the week and weekend. The teachers were very friendly though and most were willing to help. The classes were taught in English but some of the teachers had a very strong accent, which is to be expected. Overall my experience was amazing and I would go back and do it again.

8 Overall Experience

Florence is beautiful

Florence is beautiful but not the best place to study abroad, not a lot to do.

6 Overall Experience

Not long enough

Not long enough to meet all different types of people.