OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

SAI Programs :: Florence University of the Arts Certificates

Florence Rocks!

Florence rocks!

Florence was great!

Florence was great! Small city so it isn't super overwhelming. Easy to find your way. Daniela at FUA is awesome!

View detailed rating

I loved studying abroad in Florence

I loved studying abroad in Florence, I just wish I was here longer than three weeks!!

great time

Experiencing. A different culture and meeting people from other school experiencing the same thing is life changing.

9 Overall Rating

oh the places you go

I figured I would only be abroad very few times in my lifetime and I wanted to make sure I got the most out of my experience. I traveled somewhere every single weekend, mostly throughout Italy, but 3 times to different countries. I am very happy with what I got to see and even had some unexpected places I went to. The only downside to traveling every weekend is that I did not really get to experience Florence as much and see everything to see there. SAI helped out more in the beginning and became harder to get a hold of as the semester went on but for the most part they were very helpful. What I liked about them was that they provided free excursions throughout the semester. My favorite one was Milan/Lake Como trip which was a weekend trip and they provided the hotel, some meals, transportation, and we even got to see "The Last Supper" and did not find that out till we were about to go in and see it. The school FUA was a decent school. The library and computer labs could have been accessible more hours during the week and weekend. The teachers were very friendly though and most were willing to help. The classes were taught in English but some of the teachers had a very strong accent, which is to be expected. Overall my experience was amazing and I would go back and do it again.

9 Overall Rating

only complaint is apartments

Great time, saw all of Europe, only complaint would be apartments --> were packed in 8 people per apartment.

8 Overall Rating

Florence is beautiful

Florence is beautiful but not the best place to study abroad, not a lot to do.

7 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

I loved everything about my study abroad...

I loved everything about my study abroad experience. The only negative experiences I had involved the administration at FUA, but this was more due to the Italians' slow paced lifestyle than anything else. I made the best friends of my life and recommend this program to anyone looking for a positive, life-changing experience.

7 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

The program centered more on socializing...

The program centered more on socializing than academics -- great for party people. Difficult if you want to learn -- especially Italian, terrible language programs.

Not long enough

Not long enough to meet all different types of people.

Go to Florence - with a different program

I loved my semester in Florence, but I would not recommend SAI. Although my apartment was very nice, many of my friends experienced problems. I don't think the program did enough to get students to meet one another. We had one optional mixer the first week and then were basically on our own. Besides these issues, Florence is an amazing city and I easily had the best 4 months of my life.

View detailed rating

Good program but needs more student integration

There needed to be more student integration. All the apartments were spread all over Florence which made it difficult to get to know people.