Conservation in Peru with Projects Abroad

An incredible journey

Going to Peru with project abroad was amazing. I totally loved my experience and I would do it again if I had the chance. Project Abroad is a good association even if the price seems to be a little high at first. But I think it's important to notice that you don't have to take care of anything once you're there and for the preparation of your trip. They booked the plane for you, and there is always someone that you can contact. For me, my airplane schedule was very confused because one of them was cancelled. I called, Elvira, my contact in Peru and she arranged everything. It is very nice to know that you don't have to worry and that there is someone to help you if you meet any problems. Even more, the conditon of living were good enough if we take into consideration that you stay into the Jungle. The rooms are great if you keep it clean. The food is not awesome but seriously, it is acceptable for the condition and it is nothing that you don't have the habit to eat. There is the vegetarian option included. Overall, I really recommanded you Project Abroad for the tranquility of mind and for the ones that are not sure to leave because of parental control, the fact that project abroad was very organisez and well prepared convice my parent to let their 18 years old's girl to leave with her friend one month into the Jungle.

Through the Jungle

When I volunteered in Taricaya I wasn't sure what to expect. However, once I got there I loved it. Not only were the staff welcoming but the volunteers were as well. There are many different activities that I got involved in during my one week stay. My most favorite was feeding the animals which was an experience I'll never forget. The only part that made me cringe was when I first got introduced to my accommodations. My bed was in some sort of tree house and was the top bunk of a bunk bed. However, the bed was missing boards in it so there were holes throughout the entire bed. I got used to how it was set up, but I don't think I ever got over how unsafe I would sometimes feel when my foot fell through or some other limb went through one of those holes.

The International Volunteer Programs Association