Oxford TEFL Header Image Oxford TEFL Header Image

Accredited TEFL courses in the centre of Barcelona. Join us!

TEFL review

The course was definitely worth the money. I started the course having had no prior teaching experience and little knowledge of the ins and outs of English grammar. In 4 weeks I have learnt so much and actually free more than prepared to teach. The teaching practice is scary at first but you soon begin to love the thrill of seeing the students (real language learners of all ages) using the language you have taught them! I would recommend this course but be aware it is intense but you get all the support you need. You get back what you put into it! Also the qualification is one of the best so you can take this anywhere and know you'll be able to get work.

TEFL Barcelona

Had a fantastic 4 weeks here at Oxford House in Barcelona. The course is extremely intensive but the support i received made it manageable. A fantastic learning experience, learned so much from some incredibly experienced and passionate Tutors. We were a small group and all got along well and have been a great support to each other. Looking forward to putting into practice my newly learned skills.

Learning to teach

This month long course opened my eyes to the methods of great teaching.
OxfordTEFL offer fantastic tutor-trainee ratios, meaning the feedback and personal attention received is superb. The school is spacious, modern, and has all the equipment you could ask for.

I heartily recommend it if you're considering studying for a TEFL abroad. The Trinity CertTESOL is without doubt fantastically informative, formative and practical.

Intense but amazing

I just finished the Cert TESOL course... It was a lot of work in a very short amount of time, however I feel like I am prepared to find a job and start teaching right away. You will start teaching classes during the course, so you get hands on, real world experience from Day 1. There is A LOT of busy work, but it is mostly useful and keeps your mind thinking about teaching and how to improve.

You will form amazing friendships - you spend a lot of time with the people in your class. And the support from Oxford House is wonderful! All of the tutors are knowledgeable and eager to help. The career support is lifelong and worldwide. Overall, a great program, just be prepared to put in long hours and remember that it only lasts for one month!

Great starter course

If you are interested in teaching English as a second language, or think you are, then the Online TEFL Starter course is for you. The course addresses all of the primary facets of teaching, learning, and the English language, and distills them into easily digestible pieces. These pieces, coupled with the expert guidance of the tutor, give you a clear idea of what to expect from the full course. Something else this course accomplishes is it shows you just how well prepared the Oxford TEFL team is to serve your needs, both during the course and after if you choose to pursue the full Cert TESOL. Go look at the websites of the competing language schools in the area, and what they offer. From the website layout and design, the responsiveness of the staff before, during and after the course, to the services and support they offer after the course, I would not consider any other school. My wife and I will be attending the full course in Prague in May 2017.

Oxford TEFL Business English course

I took the 3 week online Oxford Tefl Business English Course. I found the materials and support very helpful, logic and clear. I had weekly Skype calls with my tutor who was very encouraging and useful in pointing out points of improvement.

The information offered to me included useful links to sites to use for teaching, where I could find short videos, bits of interesting news to incorporate into my lessons.

The modules based most of their lessons on videos which I found were very easy to follow and allowed you to go through the content quickly.

The tasks I had to complete were always extremely relevant to the material I had been using while learning and they were really aimed at ensuring I had understood and was making the most of what I had been taught.

• Academic Support

The beginning of something great

I signed up for the starter course - a great idea. Would recommend as a start to anyone wanting to pursue teaching as a career/someone who isn't sure about teaching will get a decent idea of the theory behind. The course is laid out in a easy a concise way and it's up to you whether you do the starter in one week, four or twelve! Throughout the process you will have a tutor with which you discuss any problems, any questions, etc... very helpful! It's online, so you won't have any in-class experience - for that go for the four week course. But all in all, brilliant experience, I've learnt a lot and even after the course I still have loads of stuff I am exploring. I wanted to carry on so I'm now going to do the full four week course. I'm pumped! Good job OxfordTEFL!

My experience with OxfordTEFL

I did the OxfordTEFL course in Barcelona in June 2016. The teachers were highly competent and supportive and the program was rigorously planned and structured. The modules made me think about all aspects of teaching. Coming into this course I did not have any teaching experience, but it thoroughly prepared me for a teaching career and by the end of it I felt ready to enter a classroom.
It's a demanding program but it's worth it and doing it in a city like Barcelona made it even more amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed my learning experience in Barcelona. I would definitely recommend it!

EAP course

I found the EAP course enjoyable and useful. The modules covered a wide range of topics related to EAP and there were many options for the assignments. I found the discussion forums useful and getting feedback from the tutor on each assignment via Skype was also great. I feel more confident about teaching EAP after having taken this course.

• Academic Support

An invaluable experience from the first day to the last - highly rewarding!

The CertTESOL course at Oxford TEFL provides everything an aspiring TEFL teacher could hope for: teaching experience at a range of levels from the first week of the course, interesting projects such as elementary lessons in an unknown language (very fun!) and excellent, clear input lessons on the intricacies of the English language.

In addition to the core element of teacher-training, some of the skills you will learn on this course, such as public speaking, personal organisation, and self-analysis, are attributes which can be applied to any walk of life and altogether make for a great experience. You will be able to talk for hours in any future job interviews!

It is true that you will be doing some work at the weekends/in the evenings on projects throughout the four weeks of the course, but keep yourself organised from the start and you can certainly maintain the perfect balance between work and social life. Barcelona, for those who haven't been, is easily one of the best cities in Europe (the best, in my personal experience so far) and having the backdrop of a vibrant, energetic city with beaches and bars on your doorstep while you study certainly means you always have something to look forward to after a hard day of teaching or working on a project. If you're thinking of applying, do it!

Trinity Cert in Barcelona

I have had a great experience studying for my tefl at Oxford Tefl in Barcelona. The course has been intense but well managed so I didn't feel overwhelmed at any point. I would really recommend this course as the tutors are really experienced and yet approachable and I feel I have learned a great amount in the last month.

A long-awaited overhaul

I did the Trinity Certificate as a teacher having already taught extensively in France. Professional support is virtually non-existent in this country and the course at Oxford House was exactly what I needed even though an eyebrow or two were raised when I enrolled. I couldn't recommend it more highly. The trainers are all extremely supportive and always ready to listen. Thank you! They get everybody to think about teaching on every level be this lesson-planning or student rapport. They are providing training for a reputable teaching certificate and never lose sight of this. They inspire whilst keeping students firmly on the ground and aiming at getting everybody to give their best. I am leaving the course with renewed energy, eyes open and a real desire to teach English. And mustn't forget, all the students I got to teach were delightful!

Teacher Development Course: teaching exam classes

I've recently completed the Teaching Exam Classes online course. It was great! I'm an experienced teacher, but the course still provided appropriate content that I could apply directly to my new teaching assignment. The course materials were current and provided some background theory with lots of ideas for practical applications. I work full-time, but the workload with the course fit my schedule well. The weekly Skype tutorials were immensely helpful! It was obvious that my tutor had gone through my work carefully and had a lot of experience with exam classes.

My business English course

I entered this course with trepidation, as I have never done an "online" course in my life. As a busy teacher, teaching in an institution still in flux and facing constant change, I was afraid to commit to yet another demand on my time. However, as it turned out, the course was able to accommodate me and my busy schedule. Often times, I found I had to trade off between my responsibilities as a full-time teacher and my desire to finish the course.

Overall, I found, the course quite timely as our college starts its business course offerings. I had wanted to explore Business English for years, but the introduction of the new program gave me another reason to pursue a course. I learned a great deal about teaching business English and had a sense of affirmation when I found that there was a lot of overlap between EFL and Business English.

Also, I was introduced to a number of internet sites and applications, some of which I was already aware of but hadn't used before. Using and trying out these new internet sites and applications was also timely as our college looks toward a "flipped" classroom experience and the use of tablets for instruction.

Lastly, my tutor was very helpful and encouraging. She understood my situation and made me feel at ease in completing the course. She was also very patient with me and my challenges with information technology.

Great experience!

TEAP

Well organised course, great tutorial support, manageable tasks and activities that fitted around the day job. Overall a good experience. One that provides a taster for EAP work for those new to the area.

My Experience with OxfordTEFL

My time at Oxford House doing ther TrinCert TESOL has been fantastic. The tutors are top class and very approachable, at no point in the course did I feel like I had to struggle alone or that I was being talked down to. The modules are really engaging and get you really thinking about every aspect of teaching. The course can seem intense at times but at no point did I feel as though I would be left by the wayside.

Overall I'd say the month I spent learning at Oxford House was fantastic and being in the heart of Barcelona helps as well!

Demanding and Rewarding Experience

The course is perfectly structured to experience the TEFL world. It thoroughly prepares you to a teaching career, giving the basic skills you need to work, but much more importantly giving you the instruments to reflect and improve. The course is very demanding and requires personal organization and a strong motivation, but it is well worth it. Overall an amazing experience.

Practice makes perfect

This course has taught me all I need to know in order to become a good teacher and then some!
The program is designed for students to learn progressively, but that doesn't mean you can party around Barcelona during the course ;)
It's a great opportunity to meet new people and find friends for life!

Quality teaching

The quality of the tutors is excellent, they are all specialists in their fields, the course is well structured and well distributed over the 4 weeks. The workload is intense but manageable if you are motivated. A great learning environment. An very intensive course but tons of support and the staff is always available for that little bit extra. I would highly recommend it both for trainee teachers and learners who are looking for well trained teachers.

TEFL Online Starter Course

Hello, everyone. My name is Iman. I just completed the Tefl Online Starter course, and I wanted to say how pleased I am with the treatment and exemplary tutor support that I received from this center. I had searched for several "pre" training courses that would assist me in preparing for my future in teaching. I found an excellent training facility in Oxford TEFL.The staff were very prompt in sending information and in response to whatever questions that I sent in. My assignments were graded promptly, and I received excellent feedback and guidance along the way. I look forward to training with them in future courses, and I would recommend anyone the courses that Oxford TEFL has to offer.

Great intensive course

This was a very labor and time intensive course, but it was well worth it. The tutors have tons of experience and are well equipped to help along the way. The course provides you with all building blocks to become a teacher and gives you plenty of practice. Being centrally located in beautiful Barcelona certainly doesn't work against it.

• Oxford TEFL responded to this review December 11, 2015 at 3:25 AM

Thanks for your review Stephen and best of luck with everything!

CertTESOL Course, Oxford House Barcelona

I just completed the CertTESOL course through OxfordHouse Barcelona, and I found it to be a great TEFL preparation program. They have a great facility located in the center of Barcelona, and they provide their trainees with a variety of resources, both in house and online. I found the input sessions to be informative and helpful in understanding which methods to use in order to effectively teach a lesson. Feedback sessions were instrumental in focusing on individual strengths and areas of improvement. Overall, a great experience.

• Oxford TEFL responded to this review December 11, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Thanks for your review Samantha!

CertTESOL course in Barcelona

Hi there, I'm Elena and I've just completed CertTESOL in Barcelona. Apart from great location, this school has all sorts of modern facilities (beamer, computer with internet access, climate control in each room) and provides you with a wide range of course books and online resourses. The course is structured in a way that all information from the input sessions you can at once implement in your own lessons. Feedback sessions were of a great help, as the tutors (who are experiencesd and creative professionals) give you guidelines and ideas on planning and improving your future lessons. All in all it was an incredibly useful experience and also fun to meet new pleople with different backgrounds from all over the world :)

• Modules & Web Content

Oxford Tefl is the right choice.

Honestly, If genuineTEFL/TESOL accreditation is what you are looking for with real teaching practice, good tutoring, limitless back up resources, great general atmosphere; look no further.
You won't regret going coming here.
Just ready for all the work, though as the one month Cert TESOL course is not for the faint-hearted.
But then, as the saying does, "nothing goes for nothing".

• Modules & Web Content

Oxford TEFL's the place for TEFL!

- Highly professional teacher trainers in regards of subject teaching, experience and psychological support (they are Stars);
- Fabulous study facilities in the heart of Barcelona (plenty of modern classrooms with climate-control, office equipment that's always available and on-line, any accessories you may need for lesson planning, good library, and a large open-air garden within the premises);
- Pre and post studies support (Visa/NIE, after studies employment)

Couldn't find a better school for this course. Great value for money!
Egor Buz.