ISA in London, England

Location

England: London

Description

London, the vibrant capital of England, is also one of the world's most diverse and multicultural cities: A place where you can meet people from all around the world and still feel at home. The city sits atop the Thames River which meanders its way through this cultural, business and historic heart of Europe. With its accessible public transport, all of London is within the grasp of students seeking to know this vibrant and diverse center of the world. ISA London students can spend time in the famous museums and art galleries, sample a seemingly never-ending array of restaurants, and shop in the world famous department stores and local markets. Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Soho, Piccadilly Circus, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey are only a few of the landmarks that make up the heart of this great city.

Highlights

An ISA London program allows students to select courses from a wide variety of fields of study allowing their study abroad experience to fit their individual academic needs. ISA London semester programs are conducted through an array of Universities including University of Westminster, King’s College London, University of Roehampton, Florida State University- London Study Centre, University College London, Goldsmiths University of London, and Queen Mary University of London. Courses are taught in English by host university professors. ISA students will enroll in courses along side British and international students.

The ISA London office is very centrally located, convenient to public transportation and easily accessible to ISA London students. It is less than a 5 minute walk from Oxford Street, the longest shopping street in Europe, and well-situated near local cafes and other attractions. The ISA London Office provides students with a place to obtain travel advice, relax, or simply visit with other students and the ISA resident staff. In addition to the ISA office, ISA students have full access to all of the resources available through your host university, which can include counseling services, a health center, academic advising, tutoring, libraries, internet access, and organized clubs and activities.

10 Overall Experience

You can't go wrong with ISA London.

The trips organized by ISA were definitely a highlight of my time abroad. We went to Scotland, Stonehenge, Bath, Canterbury, Dover, and so many more places. Every trip was memorable and so easy because I had to do ZERO planning. ISA planned everything and everything they planned is exactly what you'd want to see.

I specifically loved the double decker bus tour we took around London and the Ghost Bus Tour we took on Halloween. Both organized by ISA and both wonderful.

A friend of mine at Boise State was going to study abroad in London through ISA. She always knew she wanted to go to London, though I'm not sure how she specifically found ISA. I sat by her in one of my classes and she'd always talk about everything she was doing to prepare to study in London soon. She got me interested in going so I ended up going the semester after her and used the same program she used because she seemed to like it and that was I had someone to ask all my questions to!

When I went, you were either placed in dorms or apartments (I believe you could choose which you preferred). I lived in a dorm. I had my own room, five suite mates, two bathrooms, one GIANT kitchen. There are two (at least) dorm locations and both are in the heart of the city! You can't go wrong with either.

I knew people who lived in apartments (placed there by the program, not apartments you have to find and rent). Apartments were more modern than the dorms (but the dorms are by no means bad), most have a TV in them, however, you had to share a room-- usually with only one other person but I think I remember one case of three people to a room. Rooms were decently sized, though, so you weren't just crammed in there.

Also, anywhere you live will be close to a tube station which is completely necessary and completely awesome!