OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Download Application Form

Location

Italy: Florence

Description

Florence, located in the heart of Tuscany, is a medieval city that clearly stands out as a cultural, historical, and academic center. With a population of roughly 380,000 people, Florence is a city vast in area but effortlessly maintains its small-town charm. In this truly efficient city, you will find that you are able to walk to any major area in roughly thirty minutes.

Highlights

The Florence University of the Arts (FUA) and the Apicius International School of Hospitality (AISH) are located in the historic Palazzo Doni and Palazzo Guicciardini-Strozzi just a few steps from the splendid Piazza Santa Croce in the quarter of Florence that takes its name from the celebrated church. Program participants will study with other U.S. and international students. Subjects available at Florence University of the Arts and Apicius International School of Hospitality include: Advertising, Art History, Contemporary Italian Studies, Digital Media, Environmental Studies, Fashion Design, Food and Culture, History, Hospitality, Italian Language, Journalism, Literature, Marketing, Management, Nutrition, Photography, Political Science, Sport Science and Studio Art.

The ISA office is located around the corner from the famous Ponte Vecchio and is just a ten minute walk from the main FUA building. The ISA reisdent staff is available at all times and offer support with academics, housing, travel or any other part of your time abroad. The office also serves as a great place to meet your peers and use the computer lab.

Once in a lifetime

Awesome experience with great people!

I absolutely LOVED my program

I absolutely LOVED my program! ISA was so supportive and really cares for you. The location of my apartment was prime -- right in the city center. Academics were also so interesting and really broadened my horizons.

Great program!

Great program! I love FUA. Wish I had more interactions with Italians.

10 Overall Experience

Florence is a vineyard, olive grove, truffle forest

MY experience in Florence Italy was unremarkable. I speak about and refer to experiences I shared there as if it were only yesterday. The cultural immersion that was provided by my program was the best opportunity to truly live at a florentine. I was heavily involved in a sustainable agriculture program within my studies and was able to travel much of the farmland, vineyards and agriculture of Italy. My program also allowed me to do my own independent research with Italy and discover on my own with support of my local community. I would highly recommend this study abroad program and will travel back to Italy with the treasured memories every time! I could not have asked for a better experience abroad, every student should participate in this opportunity!