Volunteer in our Carnaval Program in Brazil

Time of my life!

Wow! The whole experience of volunteering for Carnaval and spending a month in Rio with the other volunteers was magical. I found the volunteering program exciting and inspiring! I was totally blown away by the level of industry and passion the local, people for the Carnaval.

Living with a bunch of other volunteers was fun - there was always someone to share experiences with. This was the perfect way to explore a dangerous city like Rio, with a support network around you. Although you never feel 100% safe in Rio, I was impressed with our Orientation and instruction on how to keep ourselves safe and to make the most of the city. Did I mention how much fun the Lapa nightlife and beaches are?

The Brazilian people are beautiful and friendly, so your volunteering efforts are greatly appreciated. Rio will touch your heart in ways you never expected - and you'll forever have a yearning to return. I encourage you to try it.... you won't be disappointed!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:28 PM

Hi Annie, Wow! What a review! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and we are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience in Rio. It’s great to have you as an IVHQer and we hope to welcome you back on another IVHQ program again in the future.