Experience life in Thailand and the Thai culture in-depth with this incredible program that allows cultural immersion and a chance to become one with the culture, embracing it through firsthand interactions. Live with a host family and tutor them in conversational English up to 15 hours a week in exchange for free room and board. Spend your free time experiencing the culture by traveling and exploring the area. This program has a focus on cultural exchange and host families are not only excited to learn English but also love to share the characteristics of their country, culture and cuisine.
The Need: Volunteer 15 hours a week helping your host family with Conversational English. That's it. Many Thai families want to learn English or get better at speaking English through conversation. They are willing to provide a private room and 3 meals each day.
* Travel for less.
* You put in a couple of hours each day literally talking, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
* Do you want to learn German or brush up on your language skills? We can easily arrange optional language classes for you. It's up to you. Plus you receive "survival" Thai classes at orientation.
* Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume by volunteering with the Conversation Corps. Job: "Private Language Tutor." References: Global. It just doesn't get any better than that.
* You "meet" your family in advance through email and phone calls. Each family is interviewed and carefully screened by in-country staff.
Exclusive materials written by GeoVisions staff will give you "a bag of tricks" as you engage your new family.
* Join our Facebook Fan page or our Facebook Conversation Corps Group and begin the conversation now. And when you come back, our Returnee network is a great place to share your experiences.
This is a high-energy and really fun position. GeoVisions provides the materials; you provide the personality to liven up a family class or dinner conversation! Find out first-hand how a Thai family lives day-to-day. Sometimes there are opportunities to take part in family activities and to meet extended family. Plus, they can show you landmarks and hidden gems.