Study abroad students Study abroad students

CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy

Unforgettable

My experience with CEA was one of absolute gratitude. I felt so thankful not only to have the opportunity to go abroad, but for such a hands-on and helpful program where I was surrounded by caring teachers and administration that ensured that I got the most out of my experience in Rome, both academically and throughout my travels.

Wonderful CEA study abroad experience

My study abroad experience in Rome, Italy is quite indescribable - but, I'll try my best to articulate it. It's just tons of emotions compiled into 4 short, sweet months. Rome is a beautiful and fun place to spend a semester. Around every corner, not only do you find buildings and churches that are many years older than us, but gelaterias galore. The food is simply amazing - if you are into pasta and pizza...but who isn't. Even though classes could get stressful at times, I just reminded myself that I was in EUROPE. Yes, homesickness came in waves, but now as the end of the semester is approaching, I'm reminiscing on how amazing I've had it abroad. CEA has been a great help for me - I bombarded them with a million questions before coming abroad and they answered everything relatively quickly. They even included some classes into our tuition, like a delicious and informative pasta making class and a unique clay making class. This program was also very safety cautious. Before every weekend, they sent out a poll asking if you were traveling that weekend. If you were, they proceeded to ask questions about flight information and where we were staying, so in case anything were to happen, they could reach us.

I also took two courses at John Cabot University. I enjoyed this greatly because I felt very immersed with the local Italian students. The downside was that I lived in Prati, about a 35 minute walk from this school - but hey, the walk sure benefited me after eating pasta more than I should have.

Even though this is common advice: embrace every moment; it'll be gone before you know it. Enjoy :)

Thank you CEA!

Thank you for such a great experience: great classes and staff! Learned so much about culture and experienced a whole new way of living. Will definitely be integrating what I have learned here into my life back in the U.S. Would recommend this to everyone.

CEA in Rome

I had an amazing trip! CEA provided me with all the resources and opportunities to travel and explore Rome! They offered trips through the program, tons of information and help. They provided us with amazing housing that was culturally immersive and in a great spot that lead to a great experience.

Extraordinary and life changing experience

Studying abroad opened my mind and changed my global perspective. I have grown personally, academically and as a young professional. This experience affected me positively in many aspects of my life. I have met unforgettable people and had the best cultural experiences. The program offered more than what I was expecting but in the end it is up to each individual student to take advantage of the opportunities offered.

Home away from home

I have had the most amazing study abroad experience! Rome was the perfect place to study because of all the city had to offer. I was pretty nervous about living in an apartment with 6 other roommates but CEA does an awesome job at choosing where we live and making sure we had plenty of room. I will especially miss being a 10 minute walk away from the Vatican. Rome's weather was beautiful and gave us plenty of time to explore outside without feeling like we needed to go in somewhere to warm up. There was plenty of shopping and delicious places to eat! I would definitely suggest studying abroad in Rome based on location as well and how easy it was to travel from country to country. I was very pleased with CEA and how they cared for their students while being here. Professors were passionate and a lot of classes involved getting out and exploring Rome! The hands on learning experience is one of the best aspects of being abroad and Rome is the perfect place to do this because there is an endless amount to see! I would definitely recommend not only Rome, but the CEA program to anyone looking to study abroad!

Home sweet Rome

This program puts you in the best location in Rome. Parti is right outside all the tourists exhibits so it is not super crowded all the time and it is only a short 15 minute walk to school at CEA. There is so much to do in Rome, and the program takes you to a lot of cool spots, churches, monuments, around the city. I most definitely adjusted and felt like Rome was my home away from home.

Experience of a lifetime

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience abroad and I could not be happier with these past four months. I have made great friends and I have learned so much about the culture and language. Juggling school and travel has been tough but totally doable.

Time of your life

This has been some of the best months of my life. I got to experience a new culture and see other parts of the world. I was forced outside my comfort zone to adapt and and I am so grateful for that. I was able to see the Pope, stare at the sistine ceiling, climb the Duomo, swim the almafi Coast, eat the best pizza and pasta, drink the best wine, and make new friends. Abroad has changed me for the better and I am very happy I got this opportunity.

Rome and beyond

I absolutely loved studying abroad in Rome. I lived in a beautiful apartment with a view of the Vatican. I was on a street where I always felt safe. The walk to school was easy and the academic building was great and a great place to get work done. Experiencing Rome and all of it's iconic sites during class and outside of it was an experience I was lucky to have as well. The airport is just a 30 minute bus ride away too, so traveling to other countries on the weekends is so easy. I wouldn't have done my abroad experience any other way.

100% worth it!

CEA Rome has absolutely changed my life forever. Excellent academics and the most friendly staff that a student can ask for combine for the experience of a lifetime. Rome is a great city, and CEA Rome is without a doubt the way to go!

Great experience

I had a great time studying in Rome. The staff was very helpful in accommodating my needs and responded in a very timely manner. The teachers were very engaging and approachable and made the learning experience enjoyable. Living in Rome was a great experience and I really enjoyed the culture. Truly an unforgettable experience!

CEA a Roma

I could not imagine a better program than CEA! The staff members are extremely helpful, they provide fun activities both in Rome as well as excursions around Italy. The classes are engaging and include hands-on experience. My experience has been even better than I expected!

CEA in Rome: Educational, Safe, and Life Changing

My entire time at CEA, I always felt the help and support of the administrators. I was always safe and looked after. The program really catered to my needs, made me feel at home, and helped me to learn about the world and my place in it. It was an experience filled with challenges that helped me grow, new people with different perspectives, and opportunities I would never have had if I didn't come here. This program changed my life!

Rome... Is.... SICK!!!!

CEA really has been an awesome experience. They guide you every step of the way, but not so much that you feel babied by them. The campus was extremely close to my apartment, so getting to and from class was no issue at all. The living situation was much better than I thought it was going to be, living two blocks down from the Vatican and in an apartment that was said to be priced at $1.2 million. The events that they plan for the program are always a great time. We went to Florence, Venice, Assisi, and other places that were just absolutely amazing trips. Overall, I would give CEA a 10/10 and it was a perfect program for me to study abroad in Rome with.

An amazing way to experience the Eternal City!

These last four months in Rome with CEA have been truly unforgettable! I have been able to improve my language skills and fully immerse myself in Italian culture! The CEA staff made me feel secure in Rome and I was able to make amazing friends! The classes were interesting for the most part and really exposed me to knowledge that could be directly applied to the city.

A Trip of a Lifetime

I had the best semester a girl could ask for! I now have only 11 days left in Rome and I get emotional everytime I think about leaving. This place has become my home and I would not have been able to say that without the help of CEA. The friends I made in my program will be lifelong friends and the staff will be people I can turn to for recommendation letters down the road. They are fun, personable, and love to be involved with the students. My apartment in Rome is nothing like I expected- it is so nice and modern. We even have a cleaning lady! I am so fortunate to have had the adventures that I did, and have nothing negative to say about it!

So much fun memories

I had so much fun in Rome which was partly due to CEA. This program offers so many things to add to the amazing experience of studying abroad. The program provides a variety of academic options, and great housing in nice areas of Rome. The staff is always there to help you or give advice, which was really appreciated when studying abroad in a foreign country. Staff members like Andrea and Caterina were always at students disposale to answer any questions and just to cheer you up. The program also provides great trips and activities through out the semester that adds to the wonderful experience of being abroad. The location of the campus is also in a great area of Rome, and allows students to be able to see another nice part of Rome outside there housing neighborhood. CEA allows the freedom to immerse yourself in a new culture independently, but also being there for whatever is needed to guide you. Rome is an amazing city to study in, and CEA add to the magic of studying abroad by providing great staff, assistance, and excursions.

Everlasting Memories

I think CEA has done such a great job in providing everything that is needed to have a wonderful time in the beautiful city of Rome. They offer a variety of options to choose from for education, provides great housing arrangements, and has an amazing staff that are there for whatever needs come up or just to cheer you. The excursions that come with the program are also a great touch to add to the fun and memorable study abroad program CEA provides.

great trip

Really great experience. Would recommend it to anyone looking to study abroad in Italy. Rome is the best city and the program was great. Gave you bus passes every month, held special events and trips, and helped you every step of the way

Roman around

I loved my experience. The staff was extremely helpful and the experiences I had were amazing. I wouldn't trade this semester for the world. My only drawback would be that my time at Luiss wasn't as good as it could have been. I have never felt that I have been at home at that school, more of just passing through. Also my final was moved to the Saturday the program was stated to be over costing me an extra 225 dollars to change my flight.

My Study Abroad Review (CEA)

First and foremost I want to say that my study abroad experience has been the best experience of my entire life! As for feedback on CEA there are some things and tips that I want to give so you can improve for the future:

Pros:
-Your Place in Rome was an amazing program and it was so nice to have them available with our housing issues
-The Sorrento/Capri/Pompeii and Florence planned trips were absolutely amazing! I loved having it all planned and already paid for.

Cons:
-I'm not sure if you did, but I say do intensive research on the apartment locations and make sure that the surrounding neighbors would like for college students to live next to them in their residences (this will avoid noise complaints/unhappy neighbors)
-Try and have students live in the same area. I was quite jealous of other study abroad programs where all the students lived in the same apartment complex and weren't so spread out.

Regardless it was an amazing amazing time and I am so so thankful for this experience.

Thank you for everything!!

ROME IS SUPER COOL

Rome is the best city to study abroad in! It is huge so there is so much to see and so many people to meet! I had the best time in Rome because I could always find something new to do. I lived in Trastevere, which is a great place to live (thanks to CEA housing).

However, there are many things about this program that I was uphappy with. There is a big difference in the Italian lifestyle, so that took some getting use to. However, I did not think that CEA was very helpful or accommodating...especially since they knew most students are on their own and have never been abroad before. I found that I had to seek help, and usually had to ask multiple people in the office, and never got what I was looking for (transportation, shopping, travel, classes). The staff isn't the friendliest, which is offputting because they are the ones we are supposed to go to for help. The 2 young girls who work there however, are the ones I found the most useful, probably because they are closer to our age and understand our needs better. Also, the CEA program, like any other private program, false advertises, especially in the housing department. While it was great that I was lucky enough to live in the lively Trastevere, my apartment was not up to par. There were ALWAYS problems with the lights, kitchen, and cleanliness (even before we moved in), and my roommates and I had to deal with the problems, CEA never got involved (which is what we are paying them for...) Aside from that, the classes were harder than expected (I don't think they have any review on teachers before they hire them, besides the italian teachers who are all WONDERFUL!!) And while I understand that things may not be perfect, and Italy is very different than America, I feel that I wasn't asking too much, and CEA could not provide these things (like a non moldy shower, or a lid for a pot when CEA "claims" to provide you with a fully furnished kitchen). My CEA experience (not abroad) was disappointing, especially since I know a few other people in Rome who went through different programs and loved their program.
The only thing that made up for CEA's uselessness was the fact that Rome, and the abroad experience in general, is amazing! I would highly recommend anyone coming to Rome! I am so sad to leave because this experience has been life changing! Just look into different programs before you commit to one....

Amazing Semester

Overall, I had a blast this semester and feel that I have become a more independent person. CEA was extremely helpful and organized many trips including one to the Amalfi Coast which was incredible. The one thing I was bummed about this semester was not having a fall break. This was a semester I will remember my entire life and I am glad to have studied with CEA in Rome.

Bridgette's review

My study abroad experience has opened my eyes to new cultures and diverse ways of living. It has challenged me to always seek adventure, explore my surroundings, and step outside of my comfort zone. CEA is a great program. The academics are still just as demanding as they are back at home (which is good because it's always good to continue learning). However, I wish more free time was given, especially toward the end of the semester. Perhaps a study break (long weekend maybe?) or maybe give us a few days before having to leave our apartments just so that we can enjoy our last few days without feeling completely rushed and stressed.