Study abroad students Study abroad students

CEA Study Abroad in London, England

London bridge!!!

Studying abroad in London was amazing. The way education is taught in America compared to England is so different it's quite a cultural shock. Everyday I looked forward to learning something new and hanging out with friends that came from all over the world. London is a melting pot where you'll meet people from all different continents. Everyday is a vacation in London. I always had something new planned everyday because their was so much to do with so little time in England.My study abroad experience will never be forgotten and will always be missed.

Brilliant

I could not have asked for a better time in London. CEA does a fantastic job accommodating your arrival and stay. You have the freedom to do what you like and travel where you want but also come back to the group and go on a trip. Cassandra is the best! I love CEA so much, I am moving to Arizona to work for them!

So Happy I Went to London with CEA!

I met a lot of other students studying abroad while I was in London, and after talking to them, know that CEA was the best choice! Others I met who went without a program or with a different program either didn't get to go on any excursions or only a few. With CEA, there was a trip or activity almost once a week! I attended two West End shows, Les Miz and Phantom of the Opera, went to Bath, Stonehenge, Oxford, York for an overnight stay, and Scotland for a weekend stay. I may have not been able to go to any of these places if it weren't for my program. CEA also picked me up from the airport (I later found out my flatmates, who didn't go abroad with a program had to fend for themselves and find a taxi), and gave me a UK cell phone, a goodie bag with food and maps as well as an Oyster Card (for the Tube transportation system). It was great that I didn't have to do all of this stuff myself. Plus, going with CEA allowed me to meet a lot of other students from colleges across America and the staff were great at helping you if you needed anything. It was really reassuring to know I had people looking out for me in a new country.

Everything I ever wanted, and more!

I always knew I wanted to study abroad but I never knew how easy it could be until I found CEA. Even though I traveled to London not knowing a single person, I never felt lost or alone because I knew I had people I could rely on and call if I needed. CEA took several steps before I left to make sure I was prepared, such a supplying me with a cell phone, insurance, housing, and my class schedule. When I got to London, they had a driver waiting for me at the airport to take me to my University. The classes were interesting and engaging and really allowed me to get an amazing glimpse of English culture. They arranged excursions which made me (and my parents) feel better that I wasn't trying to plan out everything myself in a foreign country. Studying abroad is something I recommend every student do at some point in their life because I think it's the best way to gain a sense of independence and confidence in yourself. It's also a great excuse to live in another country for 4 months and see the culture more in-depth than a week-long vacation. The friends I made while I was abroad are people that I will have forever in my life because we shared such unforgettable memories and experiences.

The classes themselves were great and all of the professors were excellent, the only thing I would have liked more is if I was in more of a mixed class. 3 of my 4 classes were strictly study abroad so I was with all American students. It could have just been the classes I chose though but I really enjoyed all of my classes regardless.

I lived in a flat with 8 other students; we each had our own room and bathroom and shared a kitchen. I couldn't have asked for better people to live with. All 8 of us happened to be American but after talking to people who were mixed in, it seemed to be better this way. We were all so excited to be in another country that we really bonded and did a lot of traveling together. The dorms were very safe and I really appreciated that CEA organized all the housing as opposed to me having to figure it out myself.

CEA was great with getting us immersed in the culture, we had an event or activity almost every week! Of course they were all optional but I and the rest of my study abroad classmates took advantage of every one of them! We went to theatre shows, we went to a soccer game, visited Stonehenge and Bath, spent a weekend in Wales and several other excursions.

The program directors and administration was amazing from the day I applied to CEA. After I was accepted, my CEA admissions counselor called me every few weeks to make sure I was doing okay and if I had any questions. When I landed in London, I was met at the airport by my program director and she introduced me to my driver who drove me to the University. When I got there, another CEA representative met me at the car and showed me to my room and gave me a tour of campus. Throughout the entire time, my program director Harriet was completely accessible and involved in everything we did.

Semester abroad

I had an amazing experience with CEA London. Cassandra was such an amazing program director. She would drop anything she was doing if a student needed something. She really went above and beyond her job description. I really enjoyed the trips and activities that CEA had planned for us, they were nicely spread out and really got us out into the community and country.

CEA full year University of Westminster

CEA is the best choice for any study abroad program. First of all, I chose CEA because my home university's study abroad program office is ridiculously unorganized and I wanted to know that no important documents would be lost. the only pitfall however, is that you have to accept the program before you know if you get into your school overseas. Nevertheless, they are great at mapping out every little process you need to know about (especially the horrific process of getting the visa). Weeks before you leave, they send you bits of information about the school and orientation process, giving you time to process and set up a Facebook page for you and your peers giving a bunch of cultural articles and places to stay and eat. Getting there was easier than ever, they set you up with your school's abroad office whose more than helpful, then you are on your way. Making friends was super easy because there, YOU are the exotic one. I have studied two semesters pursuing my marketing and economics degrees and I don't want to leave! London is truly my second home, and CEA has made it the best experiences of my life.