Study abroad students Study abroad students

CEA Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina

An experience of a lifetime

I am so glad that I studied abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the spring semester of 2012. I met students from all over the USA, so that in itself provided me with an enriching cultural experience. I lived with about 20 other students in a residencia. This was a women's home, and there we were provided with traditional Argentine meals, and cultural emersion experiences (e.g., mate and Argentine pastries), as well as an opportunity to converse with this woman, Elda. Elda did not know any English, so speaking to her gave us an opportunity to practice our Spanish with a native. We would set aside nights to only speak in Spanish at dinner to ensure that Elda felt a part of the conversation. She really showed that she cared for each of us as if we were her own children. The classes in this program were taught well, and gave me an opportunity to learn about areas of study which I had never learned about. For example, I was fortunate enough to take a food and wine class during which we learned all about the food and wine of Argentina. We were actually able to try this food and wine, which made the experience so much more meaningful. Through other classes, I learned about the history of Argentina, which I had never knew. The program also provided an opportunity for the students to go on trips (i.e., a tour around Buenos Aires, a trip to Tigre, Uruguay, and a trip to Iguazu). These trips were a lot of fun, but also educational, since we were with natives of Argentina. I also had the opportunity to travel to other parts of Argentina and Chile with other students on our own which was a lot of fun as well. I would recommend this study abroad program to anyone who is looking for a meaningful, enriching, and fun experience.

This program changed my life, and worth every it in every way possible!

CEA-Buenos Aires was an amazing experience. I loved the culture and the city so much. There were so many rich cultural traditions to be immersed in, and the people were very welcoming. If I could go back to Buenos Aires right now I totally would. CEA was great, and the onsite staff were also amazing. I am still in contact with some of them today, and I am still in contact with my host mom. Buenos Aires will forever be in my heart, and I highly recommend CEA!

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires was an beautiful city and the CEA staff located in Buenos Aires were incredible. Pamela (one of the CEA staff) picked me up from he airport even after my flight was delayed a few hours, and she brought me to my home stay to make sure I met my host family and I was comfortable. They were always planning excursions throughout the city and we went on a few trips throughout Argentina. They wanted to make sure you were comfortable in the city and were always there to help and teach the students about Argentina's history and culture.