Broadreach Header Image Broadreach Header Image

Fiji Shark Studies

Dive in

For the past few years I have slowly become more and more obsessed with sharks and their conservation. When my friend told me about the trip she took to Fiji, I just knew I had to check it out. As soon as I went to the Fiji Shark Studies page, I knew it was the program for me. As a student, the academic component was enticing for me because I know that Marine Biology is something that I want to pursue in college. Not only were the academics stimulating, but the environment, the diving, and the people were as well.

Continuing to hone my diving skills was simple with the Broadreach instructors, and I know for a fact that I improved during my three week stay in Fiji. The most exciting part about receiving my Advanced certification was the fact that we could finally go on the Shark Dive!!! Diving at Shark Reef Marine Reserve was one of the best experiences of my life, and I will never forget the thrill I felt the first time I witnessed those bull sharks being hand fed tuna heads by the BAD guides. Diving multiple times a week helped us bond with the people that work for Beqa Adventure Divers and it really opened my eyes to the Fijian culture. Listening to their stories on the boat during surface intervals while munching on tea and cookies was never boring and I can easily say I made 20 something new family members. Fiji Shark Studies was the adventure of a lifetime and it gave me a whole new appreciation for the marine ecosystem, sharks, and those who care for the ocean so fondly.

Thank you Broadbreach for the most amazing three weeks that I will surely never forget!