ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image ALIORE, Worldwide Workshops Header Image

Volunteer in a Green Tourism Project in South of France

Une Magnifique Expérience!

My time in France at Montpellier, Nimes and La Vacquerie, (Languedoc-Roussillon), was an fantastic experience: a highly rewarding and beneficial cultural immersion!
During the three month placement, I have considerably improved my knowledge of the French language.
It has been wonderful meeting with the locals and cultivate meaningful relationships.
Due to unusual circumstances the role of the program manager had been vital in changing my placement when it became necessary.
I have been very fortunate to be placed with different families all very kind and cooperative, who went to lengthy measures to ensure I would explore amazing locations, beautiful attractions and breathtaking scenery and nature.
The experience has been beneficial in terms of my personal growth and professional development..
In terms of my role as Language Assistance having all of my ESL lesson plans proved to be extremely helpful, it saved me time and frustration.
Definitely greatly rewarding experience I would do again.
I advise prospective Language Assistants to ensure they are placed with a family whose specific needs are not too dissimilar and diverse to their own. In other words ensure not to underestimate their own needs.