Wanderlust Au Pair China Program

Wanderlust Au Pair China Program

• Professional Development

• Compensation

• Host Company

Where have the past two months gone?

I am just about to complete two out of my three-month stay here in Beijing. Where has time honestly gone? So far, I have felt welcomed into a family with cultures far different from my own. I am teaching three kids who at the beginning were very shy, however now are so talkative and full of ideas that our lessons usually tend to overrun. One major difficulty I found was the language barrier, as many people here don't speak much English however with an adequate translator app, it was no longer a problem. Another was taxi fares - they can easily sniff out a foreigner and when they do, they'll triple your fair (I was charged 200 yuan for a 30 yuan fair). At times, I felt uncomfortable around taxi drivers so make sure to download Didi, which is the trustworthy Chinese equivalent to Uber.

My host family have been so wonderful and have even taken me on holiday to Guiyang, Xishuangbanna and Kunming. Since the beginning, they have welcomed me as part of their family; they love to feed me Chinese food I've never eaten before and are always more than happy to help me with anything that I may be unsure of. This programme is truly the cheapest way to experience the authentic taste of Chinese culture and living with a family speaking predominantly mandarin helps pick up the language a little easier too. The support given by the WAC team has been great too, more specifically from my coordinator Lizzie who has helped me out with countless of things - they are great to rely on when you need a rapid response or someone to talk you through the ins and outs of Beijing.

Before considering this programme, it's best to decide which age you'd prefer to tutor as kids of various ages learn at different speeds so decide beforehand which is best suited for you. It is also best to know that your working hours will be incredibly flexible so if you’re good at adapting to constantly changing routines then this is great for you. I would with no doubt suggest sending over an application if you’re willing to experience authentic Chinese culture at relatively low costs.

Fantastic au pair experience in China

If you're interested in au pairing in China, I this is a program you need to seriously consider. All of my expectations have been exceeded and it has been an amazing experience all round.
From my first contact with anyone from Wanderlust Au Pair China I have been impressed by friendly staff that is always willing to help and answer the many, many, many questions you are sure to have about a program that takes you abroad. The continued support throughout the program is great, from the airport pickup to answering questions about places to go, anything really, you have someone you can ask. The cultural activities have given me a further insight into the culture and traditions of China and I have enjoyed them thoroughly. The Mandarin lessons have helped me to communicate with people in China, albeit a challenge, and have given me a deeper understanding of the spoken language you will hear all around you. Wanderlust Au Pair China is dedicated to filling your needs and finding a family that matches you well for a better experience for both you and the family you will be staying with. Overall, a fantastic program.
Au pairing in a foreign country will give you life experience, no doubt - but the agency you use is what improves the experience practically. Wanderlust Au Pair China has not disappointed me once and I am sure if you chose this program, you will have the same wonderful experience.

Enrich your life

I have always believed that travel enriches your life and this experience was no exception. I had a great time in China with no regrets. The WAC team was legitimate helpful and friendly. If anyone is wondering whether they should take the leap to go overseas, I would urge you to do so! You will learn about another culture, and learn about yourself.

Enrich your life

I will start off by urging anyone who is wondering if they should travel to do it! It won't be easy, but it will enrich your life. I enjoyed this experience and have no regrets in coming to China. Although it sometimes feels like a gamble to trust an online program, I was happy that the WAC program turned out to be legitimate, and the team was very friendly and helpful.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

My gap year as Au Pair in China

The WAC program provides many helpful things that not all other organizations of this kind do-they organize cultural activities with fellow au pairs which are both fun and educational, they enroll you in a Mandarin class to enhance language skills, and provide a helpful orientation when you first arrive. You cannot come into this experience expecting everything to go smoothly and things to be perfect. There were definitely unexpected challenges and hard days, but thanks to the 24/7 support I received I was able to resolve any problems. It is important to keep an open-mind when doing something like this, and also to remain patient and understanding.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

My China Au Pair

I chose Wanderlust over other Au Pair organizations as I was very impressed with the application experience, communication with Hazel was very direct, clear and timely. This good support continued once I arrived, she helped me with my visa, communication with my host family and orientation to Shanghai (bank account setup, SIM card etc.) and induction to how to be an effective teacher / Au Pair with children who are learning English as Foreign Language