VISIONS Peru
Visions Service Adventures Header Image Visions Service Adventures Header Image

VISIONS Peru

Choose Visions Peru!

Visions is an excellent program! It is carefully designed and thoughtfully run. Visions provides teens an opportunity to do REAL community service while also offering a chance to explore the culture of the regions where they operate and have fun. There is a high group leader to participant ratio and the leaders are well selected individuals with a passion for travel and for working with young people. I recommend this program highly!

I had a great summer!

VISIONS is very clear about its goal. Community service. This is what I had really wanted to do, so I really enjoyed it. If you are not looking for intense work though, I would say VISIONS is probably not for you. That's not to say that the days were long, hard, and I wanted to go home. The work sites were fun. We got to know many community members and I could often see the difference we were making. After the workdays and on the weekends we would do lots of other fun things including touristy things, workshops with community members, and just enjoying being in another country. By the end of the trips I had made lots of good friends and amazing memories. Also my Spanish improved a lot!

Peru II August 2013

Being a part of Visions Peru II has influenced me tremendously. The impact our Visions community made on the people of Urubamba was truly remarkable, and I miss it every day. Working alongside the Quechuan community members was the most rewarding part. Although I initially had reservations about the community-building activities we had to do, like Allyu, once I got into them they really allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and learn a lot. I definitely recommend doing a Visions trip, especially to Urubamba. The people you will meet, both from home and abroad, will change the way you see the world and play an integral part in your future perspective.