Travel for Teens: Thailand Elephant Service and the Islands
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

Travel for Teens: Thailand Elephant Service and the Islands

Amazing trip!!

This trip was my first with Travel for Teens and I am hoping it is not the last! I had the best time of my life in Thailand, and it definitely gave me the travel bug! The staff was amazing and made sure we had the best time possible. And of course I made the best friends. The white water rafting and spending time with elephants were definite highlights but so was walking around the town and learning about the culture. I didn't know anyone prior to the trip and I really stepped out of my comfort zone to do this, but it was more than worth it! I would recommend this trip to anyone, especially if they are wanting an adventure that is new and exciting!

Best trip yet!

The Thailand Elephants and the Islands trip was absolutely incredible. The itinerary was fun and constantly enjoyable with perfect pacing. Working with the elephants at the sanctuaries was educational and informative, and we all found the service work to be meaningful and rewarding. One of the highlights of the trip is the two day rafting trip through Pai. Overnight, the group sleeps in bamboo huts along the side of the river which were made by some of the guides. The rafting was exciting but felt safe at the same time, and it provided a great opportunity for the group to bond. After the trip, we returned to the beautiful hotel in Pai and finally got to clean up after getting covered in mud over the two days. The time in the islands was very relaxing after the previous adventures, and it was a nice break from the business of the trip. Returning to Bangkok was a great way to finish the trip as we explored the city and discovered the many beautiful temples with a plethora of Buddhas. Of course, the food was also a huge highlight of this trip!
The staff at TFT is always incredible, and this trip was no exception. My parents loved the humorous and informative emails the trip director sent nightly, and we got some incredible pictures from our resident professional photographer.
I would not change a single thing about this trip and would sign up to do it again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this trip to anyone looking to see the world and have the best summer of their life!

Excellent on all fronts

I took this trip after going on three other TFT trips (all of which were great) but this one topped them all. This trip includes playing in rivers with elephants, white water rafting, and relaxing on the beach, all of which take place in different areas, so you get a more compete sense of the country than is possible in Bangkok (though we went there as well). The counselors were well-versed with the areas we went to, ensuring that we had the best time possible, and the local guide was extraordinary. Thailand is a breathtaking country that can sometimes be overwhelming, so having local knowledge and a structured itinerary greatly enhanced the experience. All of the staff made the students feel at home and the whole group was extremely close by the time we left. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone interested in Thailand or Southeast Asia in general.

The Thaime of my life

This trip was truly the time of my life and an unforgettable experience. From swimming in waterfalls to riding elephants to sleeping in bamboo huts I was always having a great time. Not only did we tour the amazing temples in Thailand we also made an impact by helping out at two elephant sanctuaries by feeding, bathing, feeding, preparing food, and learning about the elephants. The community service was not only super fun it was extremely impactful.

Best Experience EVER!!!!!

My trip to Thailand with Travel for Teens was the best 3 weeks of my life. I was given the opportunity to intimately learn about elephants, experience true Thai culture with the natives, test my skills at not-so-white water rafting in the Pai River, observe the beautiful temples of Bangkok, adventure into the clear blue waters of Koh Tao, and relax on peaceful beaches and with wonderful Thai massages on Koh Samui. While the activities were incredible, what truly made my experience special were my wonderful trip director, fabulous counselors, and lifelong friends I met on the trip. Before the trip, I was extremely nervous to travel on my own for the first time at 15 years old. But as soon as I met the TFT crew at the airport, my nerves vanished and I knew I was going to have a blast. The counselors and trip directors respected us as friends rather than treating us like immature children. They constantly made sure we were safe while still having fun. My mom was especially grateful for the daily email updates from our trip leaders. The trip would not have been the same without our trip director Keith. Within the few weeks we were in Thailand, I became extremely close with Keith, along with all the other students. Everyone shared plenty of stories, which made us all both laugh and cry, and countless memories that will last me a lifetime. I would give anything to go back and relive my Thailand excursion so I could spend another 3 weeks growing as an individual, while spending plenty of time with the people that quickly became my second family. I truly believe this trip made me a bigger and better person with an increased awareness of the world around me.